Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,631,561 times

Advertisements

We broke down and turned on the airconditioning yesterday. I have to say, it feels great! No regrets!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,999,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I personally know you will be in trouble! It's extremely difficult for my son to find anything to fit in the boys OR mens departments.

Since he's 6'3" at 150lbs, the pants in the boy's department aren't long enough and the pants in the men's department don't have small enough waist.
Where do you get stuff? I wish I could remember where we shopped when first married. DH 6;3" and 140 - total bean pole. Can't remember where we shopped.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,631,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Where do you get stuff? I wish I could remember where we shopped when first married. DH 6;3" and 140 - total bean pole. Can't remember where we shopped.
Those big and tall stores rarely have waists small enough (probably because they are mostly catering to the big part of the population more than the tall part). When Kohls stopped working out, I gave up running around and started focusing on stores that have a large selection of sizes on hand. Last year, I lucked out at a super Walmart because there were a large selection of sizes. This year, Old Navy surprised us. When we find jeans that fit, I buy it in all colors, some extras in the same colors. He has been this size for the past three years so he has a good collection right now.

Jeans and hoodies are the main problem. All other pants can be easily taken in by a tailor for five bucks. Hoodies are never long enough in the waist and the arms. Last year, Kohls had tall sizes in Columbia hoodies and they fit great. As they're wearing out, I can't find new ones. I even checked the columbia website. The problem with big and tall stores for hoodies is that the sizes start at Large for tops, no mediums. It's a nightmare.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
Dew - owners have ratified the CBA; players are expected to vote via conf call in the next couple of hours.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:06 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,999,620 times
Quote:
Those big and tall stores rarely have waists small enough (probably because they are mostly catering to the big part of the population more than the tall part). When Kohls stopped working out, I gave up running around and started focusing on stores that have a large selection of sizes on hand. Last year, I lucked out at a super Walmart because there were a large selection of sizes. This year, Old Navy surprised us. When we find jeans that fit, I buy it in all colors, some extras in the same colors. He has been this size for the past three years so he has a good collection right now.
We can never find anything at Kohl's small enough in the waist. We do find them at J.C. Penny - right now with "skinny" jeans being in, it's a life saver because skinny jeans on DS are "normal".

We might have to check out Old Navy - although we found enough stuff today to get buy for a bit.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,471,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Dew - owners have ratified the CBA; players are expected to vote via conf call in the next couple of hours.
DH and I will be eating supper in front of the big screen tuned into NFL Network.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,391,914 times
Quote:

Jeans and hoodies are the main problem. All other pants can be easily taken in by a tailor for five bucks. Hoodies are never long enough in the waist and the arms. Last year, Kohls had tall sizes in Columbia hoodies and they fit great. As they're wearing out, I can't find new ones. I even checked the columbia website. The problem with big and tall stores for hoodies is that the sizes start at Large for tops, no mediums. It's a nightmare.

Do you have any luck buying on-line? I am not a big shopper but I think places like Old Navy and J Crew, in ladies at least, have tall sizes on line but not always in the store. My sister is a size 2 or 4 tall. She shops at J Crew a lot.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM

12,979 posts, read 14,652,363 times
We spent the afternoon making paper airplanes and racing them. Afterwards the kids told me it was the most fun they have ever had (as I think about all the money we have spent this summer on entertainment ). Just goes to show that sometimes we try so hard, and it's the simple things in life that they like the best.

This parenting gig is a work in progress.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
Dew....no vote tonight...DS just came home from work, put on his Tim Tebow shirt and talked about training camp....sure hope it all works out..

Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,235,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I occasionally think they should call those packs "human proof".....

hope your sinus headache clears up soon - so miserable, especially with the heat/humidity!
When I worked in hospitals years ago we used to refer to them as "nurseproof".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting