Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,198,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Hello! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We were up north at my sister's cottage on the lake for the past 5 days... felt soo nice to stretch out and get away from it all. I was a bit embarrassed when we went to the parade though. I had brought a case of bottled water since it was so hot out- and DS, the little entrepreneur, went back to the van and got a marker and wrote "1 dollar per bottle" on the package, thinking he'd make a few bucks. When I told him to scribble it out, he asked me if I had ever heard of the law of supply and demand! :O

But overall, it was a great mini vacation... much needed too. I'm putting off logging into my work e-mail for as long as possible...

Rkb- hang in there. It's so tough when work messes up family commitments.

MrsX- go eat some cake!
that's great!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Thought I'd post a pic of MissFR enjoying the festivities yesterday. This is her absolute favorite thing to do in Philly....
What a cutie! Looks like fun.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
thank you so much! We went to dinner w/o the kids and installed cozi on our phones. We'll see how it goes.
That's great! Hope it works for you.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,906,619 times
Morning all!

FR - Miss FR is adorable!! Looks like a good time was had by all!

rkb - Glad you and DH were able to find a potential solution. Hang in there!

Mrs X - how was the cake? That sounded divine!

Despite DS still having sleep problems, we made some progress on the potty-training front: he has been wearing pull-ups! He has been completely unwilling to consider them until yesterday when he asked for them - hoping this might be a sign that diapers will be done by the end of the summer! Wish us luck.....who ever thought so much of my life would be dedicated to the biological needs of others??? Parenthood is a crazy thing

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Good morning!

ewag - don't lose heart on the potty training! Our son was very stubborn for a long time - he KNEW what to do - recognized all the signs, etc., but it was a power thing I think. Because he'd go stand in the corner is his room to go. It was so frustrating! I even used cloth - you would have thought that the uncomfortableness of it would have nipped that in the bud (because all the books said that of course!).

But once he decided he was ready to give that up, then that was it. He never had a single accident. It was like a switch went off and one day that was it.

So fingers crossed for you - your almost there hopefully.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Good morning!

ewag - don't lose heart on the potty training! Our son was very stubborn for a long time - he KNEW what to do - recognized all the signs, etc., but it was a power thing I think. Because he'd go stand in the corner is his room to go. It was so frustrating! I even used cloth - you would have thought that the uncomfortableness of it would have nipped that in the bud (because all the books said that of course!).

But once he decided he was ready to give that up, then that was it. He never had a single accident. It was like a switch went off and one day that was it.

So fingers crossed for you - your almost there hopefully.
That was my experience too. They may have had one accident but it really was like a switch. And neither one would have anything to do with pull-ups.

Good morning to all. Doing some stuff from home today so may get to pop in....

Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Morning all.

We got plastered last night. And no adult beverages were involved. A haboob (wall of dust) swallowed up Phoenix. It came from miles south of us. 9pm it started raining so I looked out the front windows and could not see the houses across the street. That's how thick the dust was. (And we have a street light in front.)

I walked outside since I figured this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and it was dead still. No wind at all, but it was like walking into a jar full of sand. I lasted a minute, maybe. So this morning everything is covered in a coat of dirt. Total mess. DH washed off the cars before he left but I'll be hosing things off later. Everything is covered, the street, the bushes, the houses. Wow.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Dew - I just saw that!

50-mile wide, mile-high dust storm engulfs Phoenix - Weather - msnbc.com

Wow....

Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Good Morning All!

Dew - that's wild! I hope you took some pictures?

We are off to visit some plantation homes today.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,198,006 times
wow Dew! I've never heard of that! crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.