Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,198,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Our dog is about 90% recovered, which is where she'll probably remain. Not bad for a "senior", but since she has been ill she has become a real PITA mamma's girl. It's a bit inconvenient seeing as she's 95lb. I think she wants to come back in her next life as a lap dog.
Glad to hear your old "pup" is almost recovered. I hear you about the 95lbs. My lab is 85lbs. I had to pick him up and carry him everywhere. My entire body hurt. Thankfully, he's fully mobile again. I still need to decide on what to do about the cyst on the top of his head. Your experience is making me hestitate. I don't know what to do. It does bother him. It itches. And it still does gross things I won't go into details about for the more delicate mommies here. We keep treating the symptoms but it's obvious surgery will be the only true cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So whatever happens, at least it won't be that.
Maybe not. MOB has switched to silver again. There aren't many silver options at the department stores.

We can only hope that the MOB bought a 4k silver dress somewhere, which we know MOG wouldn't accidently buy too.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,589,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I drove past a 'Zims Realty' tonight and of course, I thought of zimbochick. Is that a sign I'm spending too much time on here? haha
Ooh, that was nice of them to name their business after me! Maybe there are royalties somewhere for me as I'm famous (in my own mind ). No, not spending too much time here, we are a fabulous bunch after all.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Your experience is making me hestitate. I don't know what to do. It does bother him. It itches. And it still does gross things I won't go into details about for the more delicate mommies here. We keep treating the symptoms but it's obvious surgery will be the only true cure.
Sorry my experience has put you off. Each dog is going to respond differently I think. If it's bothering him, you probably need to go ahead, no?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM

This is the first week of trying to get the family off the soda habit. (We call it pop here, but I realize I'm not hanging out with Pittsburghers.)

Hubby has been brewing his ice tea for the week.

I have tried Country Time lemonade. It tastes good, but it makes me thirsty. I drank three huge glasses in an hour. At that rate, I'm taking in more calories than Mt. Dew. A 16 oz Mt. Dew can last me 5 hours. I drank three times that in an hour. I'll get fat if that is my regular drink. Now I'm drinking the fruit slices in water. It's working out better.....for now. No headaches from caffeine withdrawl yet.

Son said he would drink Kool Aide. I initially hesitated but then I realized it's no worse than soda, actually better because it's not carbonated and it does have vitamin C. Bought it. He hasn't drank it yet. He found change and went and bought himself some Mt. Dew. Eventually, there won't be any change left. I guess it doesn't matter since he's leaving for Seattle in a few weeks.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry my experience has put you off. Each dog is going to respond differently I think. If it's bothering him, you probably need to go ahead, no?
Oh, don't feel badly. Please don't. I was also hesitating because of the anethesia.

Now that the second doctor offered to do it without anesthesia, I ran out of excuses.

So I told hubby I was scheduling the surgery and he responded, "The surgery could kill him."

I guess that means he is making it my decision so it's not his fault if he dies.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, don't feel badly. Please don't. I was also hesitating because of the anethesia.

Now that the second doctor offered to do it without anesthesia, I ran out of excuses.

So I told hubby I was scheduling the surgery and he responded, "The surgery could kill him."

I guess that means he is making it my decision so it's not his fault if he dies.
You are scheduling the surgery because you think it's the right thing to do, that's what's important regardless of the outcome. Sorry DH is being a wuss about it.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,923,471 times
Quote:
Ooh, that was nice of them to name their business after me! Maybe there are royalties somewhere for me as I'm famous (in my own mind ). No, not spending too much time here, we are a fabulous bunch after all.
For sure!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
You are scheduling the surgery because you think it's the right thing to do, that's what's important regardless of the outcome. Sorry DH is being a wuss about it.
I know. He wouldn't blame me. He's just protecting his own feelings if anything happens.

Anyways, the second doctor wanted us to try this bag balm first. It does help and has improved. But things happen to set it back.

For example, a week ago, he fell. He didn't just fall, he took a tumble down the hill 10 feet into my flower garden. His back legs gave out on him when he was backing up, and he did a backwards roll from butt to head, then he rolled sideways the rest of the way.

Aside from being embarrased, it got tore open. It was sort of a setback to the treatment that was starting to work. We're still in the time-period she wanted us to try this.

But since there will always be a risk of it getting broken open (just from bumping into something), even after it heals, is a good reason to just go ahead and schedule the surgery.

I'm doing to take him to the vet one more time, for a followup, to see what she thinks of it.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,909,780 times
Ah, all this exotic vacation talk is making me jealous!

Hopes, Seattle is lovely in the summer - I'm sure DS will have a great time, especially if he enjoys outdoor activities! We lived in Seattle for 5 years a few years back - I seriously can't say enough about how beautiful it is this time of year. If he has a chance, I highly recommend Olympic Nat'l Park (about 2 hours outside of the city) - absolutely gorgeous - rain forests, rocky beaches, snow covered peaks - truly amazing. How long is he going for?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Good Morning All! It's a glorious day to be breathing.

Here is a morning funny, made me spit coffee on my keyboard. Enjoy!

Imagine A World Where Upper Class Children Have To Do With Less (VIDEO)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting