Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My guess is she's already picked between Team Edward and Team Jacob.

(Sorry, txt. It was too good to pass up. )
Oh hahaha.....
Lol.

I hate twilight. I like scary books, or books about people my age or science fiction.

I'm not religious but I LOVED the Left Behind kids version when I was in middle school.
Read the first 4 harry potter books in 17 days, when I was in 7th grade.
I mostly like books about people my age, something I feel I can relate to.

13 reasons why by jay asker was amazing and so was Speak and Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson.

Im picky because I want to LOVE what I am reading, not have to drag through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Try the "Young Adults" section of the library. They actually DO have those kinds of books there.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Txt.....you are 21 years old. Those kinds of books are aimed at young teen girls. It's one thing to enjoy those kinds of things from time to time - nothing wrong with a little escape from time to time, but consider broadening your horizons.
I don't read twilight dammit.
And the sparkly vampire guy is not hot neither is the barely legal thing with all the muscles...

Old 02-08-2011, 05:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
txt...I was talking about the book you mentioned - although, it sounds pretty similar to the Twilight kind of stuff...minus vampires apparently....

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
txt...I was talking about the book you mentioned - although, it sounds pretty similar to the Twilight kind of stuff...minus vampires apparently....
The content of that book was hardly for a young teen girl unless the young teen girls parent don't care what she reads.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh hahaha.....
Lol.

I hate twilight. I like scary books, or books about people my age or science fiction.
I'll tell you what you should do with your spare time, txt. You should write. You're not un-talented. Sometimes you're funny. (When you aren't complaining.) You've told me you did well in writing classes at school. You should have a notebook with you and write when you're not selling gas and ciggies.

The Twilight author lives in my area. I've seen her a couple of times and thought, "Good for you! A great idea and you made yourself a bundle."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-08-2011 at 05:40 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I'll tell you what you should do with your spare time, txt. You should write. You're not un-talented. Sometimes you're funny. (When you aren't complaining.) You've told me you did well in writing classes at school. You should have a notebook with you and write when you're not selling gas and ciggies.

The Twilight author lives in my area. I've seen her a couple of times and thought, "Good for you! A great idea and you made yourself a bundle."
I have done some writing in my spare time.
Its fun for a bit but then I have so many ideas and ways the story could go and then it gets overwhelming and I feel like I can't get it all out on paper fast enough and it drives me nuts. I've written a lot of shortish stories...not really short about medium length and have tons of ideas for screenplays and such but getting those ideas from my head onto paper is excruciatingly difficult.

I'm a talker, I don't shut up, I think I drive my customers nuts because I love to talk and they can't stay long enough to chat and it makes me sad lol and that's why I text my friends....I just cannot shut up most days.

Like I feel asleep texting a new crush last night and was texting him and started to pass out and literally was still texting but it started coming out like hfweurewu and I had to shake it off and wake up enough to correct it and finally pass out.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 PM

And I was a bomb english student.
I can write the crap out of a paper and I don't know if its a great skill or not but I can BS a paper as well....I can literally work with nothing and come up with pages and pages.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
.I can literally work with nothing and come up with pages and pages.
We've noticed.

You should seriously think about getting a spiral notebook and carrying it with you every where you go and write.

Or you can just make up one more excuse on why you aren't doing anything constructive with your life.

(And that's all I'm going to say because I've promised myself not to get drawn into all your drama.)

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
We've noticed.

You should seriously think about getting a spiral notebook and carrying it with you every where you go and write.

Or you can just make up one more excuse on why you aren't doing anything constructive with your life.

(And that's all I'm going to say because I've promised myself not to get drawn into all your drama.)
I'm working...how is that not constructive?
I'm starting soccer in March and will be playing on Monday nights.

Ohhh I kind of want to tell you guys about this new guy and everything but I don't know if you all even care....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting