Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,999,620 times

Advertisements

Okay - we are all holding you to this. Don't hang out on here and miss your opportunity or come up with an excuse.

I can honestly say I hope it goes well - as in, if she goes berserk, you be the bigger person and not get sucked into the drama. Good luck. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 8,015,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - we are all holding you to this. Don't hang out on here and miss your opportunity or come up with an excuse.

I can honestly say I hope it goes well - as in, if she goes berserk, you be the bigger person and not get sucked into the drama. Good luck. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks...and I'm going to text her right now and ask if she is still in the bath..
And once she's out ill go tell her.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:47 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,789,156 times
Lying is lying and speaks directly of the character of the person doing the lying. If you're lying because you don't want to hear negative comments, you're a coward who can't take criticism, constructive or otherwise. As another poster (I haven't read the whole thread) said, lying is one of the worst and most disrespectful thing you can do to another person. Personally, I despise liars and when someone shows themselves to be one, they immediately go on my "Do not trust anything these people say......they are vipers" list. Liars are disgusting, cowardly, weak people....not worth their weight in dirt. Of course, that's my humble opinion. While raising my children, poor choices had consequences....and you better tell me the truth immediately. Lying to me will increase the punishment 10-fold. Hmmmmm break a plate? Get told to e more careful. Lie about breaking the plate.......I no longer trust you. You make me sick and have no respect for me...I now have no respect for you and you can not be trusted. Period! Wow, was it worth it over a stupid plate? hmmm

Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Lying is lying and speaks directly of the character of the person doing the lying. If you're lying because you don't want to hear negative comments, you're a coward who can't take criticism, constructive or otherwise. As another poster (I haven't read the whole thread) said, lying is one of the worst and most disrespectful thing you can do to another person. Personally, I despise liars and when someone shows themselves to be one, they immediately go on my "Do not trust anything these people say......they are vipers" list. Liars are disgusting, cowardly, weak people....not worth their weight in dirt. Of course, that's my humble opinion. While raising my children, poor choices had consequences....and you better tell me the truth immediately. Lying to me will increase the punishment 10-fold. Hmmmmm break a plate? Get told to e more careful. Lie about breaking the plate.......I no longer trust you. You make me sick and have no respect for me...I now have no respect for you and you can not be trusted. Period! Wow, was it worth it over a stupid plate? hmmm
I didn't break a plate.
It's not that small.

Do you not get my mom hates me for who I am and what I do in my life and I lie to her to make her fcking like me and think I am the type of person she wants me to be?

It's bigger than a plate..
I am so sorry you can't understand that.

I hope you never told your children that they made you sick when they did something you didn't like..

Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM

And screw telling my mom.
I just texted her and asked if she was still in the bath and she said yes and she asked me why and THAT turned into an arguement and she actually threw on a towel and came banging on my door demanding to know why I wanted to talk to her.
She wanted me to tell her right then and there and didn't want to TAKE THE TIME to talk to me.
I told her I would just talk to her when she wasn't busy and she told me that was never and I told her "have fun never talking to me then" and slammed the door.

She then text me back and was like you always do this when you want something. it figures..

She is a stupid selfish woman.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
Why did you start texting her at all? Why not go upstairs (or wherever) and knock (gently) on the door and say "Excuse me, when you're out of the bath, if you have a moment, I'd like to talk with you." What in God's name is she in the tub with a phone for anyway?
Why the drama? You both need to stop texting one another -real adults do NOT use this as a way to communicate anything more than trivial matters. She may have acted badly but what happened to you not taking the bait? Slamming the door and giving snotty responses was not part of the program here.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Why did you start texting her at all? Why not go upstairs (or wherever) and knock (gently) on the door and say "Excuse me, when you're out of the bath, if you have a moment, I'd like to talk with you." What in God's name is she in the tub with a phone for anyway?
Why the drama? You both need to stop texting one another -real adults do NOT use this as a way to communicate anything more than trivial matters. She may have acted badly but what happened to you not taking the bait? Slamming the door and giving snotty responses was not part of the program here.
Because if I went and knocked she would have gotten pissed because I was making her get out to answer the door.
She keeps her phone with her in case muffin calls needing her to jump and do as he says.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Because if I went and knocked she would have gotten pissed because I was making her get out to answer the door.
OK - so why not just quietly see if the door is still locked. If it is, then just wait until she's done. I'm sure you can see and hear her around the house or hear the bathtub draining (which would be an indicator that she is done)....

And stop already with the "muffin" talk. Honestly.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK - so why not just quietly see if the door is still locked. If it is, then just wait until she's done. I'm sure you can see and hear her around the house or hear the bathtub draining (which would be an indicator that she is done)....

And stop already with the "muffin" talk. Honestly.
That's what I did at first.
The door was still locked.
So I texted her because I knew she would have her phone.

It always turns into something with her. I just wanted to see if she was still busy and she had to go and do that and make a huge deal out of it.

It feel pointless now...so much is being put on something so small and I feel a bigger deal is being made out of it and I just want to close up and not even try.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
It feel pointless now...so much is being put on something so small and I feel a bigger deal is being made out of it and I just want to close up and not even try.
It's not pointless now...maybe "for now" but not totally. Why? Because you want to be an adult not a silly child lying to their parents about something that is not their decision anyway. You want to be a better person. At some point, you're going to have to do it so that you know you can. So that you know the end of the world will not come if she knows. She might be mad she might thow a fit (she also might not)..but YOU are not a liar. That's why it's important. It's not about how she behaves or reacts, it's about the fact that you don't have to lie..and you want to have a better character than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting