Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM

6,190 posts, read 8,005,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Some apartments have rules like "no overnight guests." It's up to a landlord what he or she will allow on the property. I'm not sure what you're arguing about, though. Living at home rent-free is not how adults live, so if you want to live like an adult, pay up or move out. Then you won't have to lie.
I have lived in apartments my whole life, in 4 different states. I have never and probably will never live in one that has a no overnight guests rule.
Maybe that's a city thing? Or privately owned apartment buildings? I have never encountered that in apartments in the suburbs.

And I don't even have my first paycheck yet....
I don't know what I'm expected to do in the mean time...just stop doing anything besides work and coming home? I don't think so.
She doesn't even care that I go over to TG's.
I just simply don't tell her the details of what I do outside the house.
Even next paycheck I won't have any money for her. I have car insurance that's past due, I have a cell phone payment to make, I have to spend $75 to replace my new phone because I dropped it and the glass screen cracked and I need to be able to buy myself food, there's a whole paycheck right there...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM

770 posts, read 1,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
She provides a roof.
She doesn't provide food, most the time I am always hungry.
She doesn't provide clothes, I've been wearing the same thing to my new job until I have money to buy some more khaki pants and blue shirts.
And she certainly doesn't provide love.

And its not so much keeping it a secret, I just don't openly advertise my activities and put them all up in her face.

I'm not going to walk in one morning after a night at TG's and be like I HAD SEX LIKE 4 TIMES OMGGG, I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE CONTENTS OF MY UTERUS SETTLE BACK INTO PLACE.
Nor am I going to walk in and be like HEY GUISE...I got sh*tfaced lassst night.
ew.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM

but I agree with you btw

Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
ew.
I was over exaggerating to get my point across.
Because obviously if my mom ask what TG and I did that night, like oh so what did you and TG end up doing? Then I am going to leave certain stuff out and won't tell her everything, obviously not all of it is her business, but she's free to know we watched a movie or whatever.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 AM

4,563 posts, read 10,989,404 times
Quote:
Even next paycheck I won't have any money for her. I have car insurance that's past due, I have a cell phone payment to make, I have to spend $75 to replace my new phone because I dropped it and the glass screen cracked and I need to be able to buy myself food, there's a whole paycheck right there...
Are you driving around uninsured!? Because "past due" insurance means no insurance.....

Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Are you driving around uninsured!? Because "past due" insurance means no insurance.....
No it hasn't lapsed yet.
I have 11 days AFTER the due date to get it in.
It was due the 4th and I get paid the 15th, 11 days later. Luckily it ALL works out.

And even if it does lapse, I do have to get to work somehow and walking or biking is not an option.
You all know where I live. I will give a hint, the nearest walmart besides the one in my town is like 14 miles south of me....
You know the two roads that lead to that town...I won't bike down either of those that's a death sentence on a bike. Small narrow roads with speed limits of like 50....NO THANK YOU... I rather not have my legs mangled into a bike frame.

*Edit*: Just checked my geico page and it says the payment went through today...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I was over exaggerating to get my point across. Because obviously if my mom ask what TG and I did that night, like oh so what did you and TG end up doing? Then I am going to leave certain stuff out and won't tell her everything, obviously not all of it is her business, but she's free to know we watched a movie or whatever.
Yeah I know it was just a bit graphic lol. But I agree (probably the only one who does). I don't think most of the people here can honestly say that their parents knew details about their sex lives while they were still living under their parents roofs or not. I'm sure most parents wouldn't even want to know. If it doesn't affect your mom and it's not something that's physically harming you, it isn't her business, IMO.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,408,980 times
Were my grown adult child living under my roof doing something that he/she knew I didn't approve of and the grown adult child lied to me about it....

Grown adult child would be told, "There's the door. You aren't happy with my rules? Adios. Time to be an adult and that means you get to go make your own way. The best part is I won't care much what you do in that sweet little apartment/house/trailer/rented room/cave you are living in. Feel free to come over on Sunday for dinner. You can sit next to senile Aunt Bess who will probably enjoy hearing how horrible your life is. Bye."

Seriously. I wouldn't put up with that nonsense. Not happening in MY house. Hasta la vista, aloha, so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,264,152 times
Amen, DewDropInn

Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,594,382 times
Quote:
I don't know what I'm expected to do in the mean time
How about simply be grateful you have a free place to park your butt and quit whining about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.