Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,924,875 times

Advertisements

Morning all-CrazyWorld was going to help me this morning as I wasn't sure I'd be here-but I'm up bright eyed and bushy tailed. (Believe that and I have a bridge to sell you).

How about the new wave of Food police????? Fats, now salt-what's next?

Last edited by LaceyEx; 02-02-2010 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 04:46 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,388,493 times
That must the same group who talked us out of using butter and turned us on to trans-fats. I hear it all the time, Coffee has too much caffeine, cheese has too much fat, and marbled beef isn’t good for you. I always reply I need the caffeine to keep working at this pace, my cheese works well with my less than 100 total cholesterol, and without marbling my beef taste like shoe leather. Salt police have not bothered me yet. I think I have that hungry look which might cause a person to snap from the lack of caffeine, and it scares them off.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:11 AM

18,172 posts, read 11,847,030 times
Too much of anything will kill ya!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Too much of anything will kill ya!
Take away our marbled steaks, the smell of our morning coffee, and all those fine aged cheeses and we are as good as dead. This comes down to the quality VS quantity of life in my view.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,924,875 times
Everything in moderation.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,375,779 times
Good one, Lacey.

My dad would scour the news looking for the latest and greatest research on what would make you live forever, and he went through some pretty bizarre food kicks.

He read at one point that caffeinated coffee was bad for you, so he switched to decaf, then he read that decaf was bad for you so he switched to tea, then he read that black tea was bad and green tea was good so he would only drink green tea, and so on for years. He went on a cabbage kick after reading about some old folks in Russia who swore that decades of eating cabbage made them live longer, then he decided it wasn't really the cabbage at all but something else entirely. At one point or another, he gave up nearly everything he enjoyed eating (the two exceptions were ice cream and those pinwheel cookies, the chocolate-covered marshmallow things) because "that stuff'll kill ya."

And you know what? He died anyway.

So I say to heck with 'em all. I drink my coffee in the morning, strong and hot and splashed with half-n-half. I eat an egg for breakfast nearly every day. I eat beef, pork, chicken, fish, legumes, and cheese for my protein. I eat noodles, rice and potatoes. I won't turn down a glass of wine at the end of a long day. I don't often have a sweet tooth, but when I do, I'll happily dig into a bowl of good ice cream.

Yep, some day I'm gonna die. There's no getting out of this world alive, after all. But I'll have a heckuva lot more fun on my way through this world if I eat the things I like instead of what the food cops tell me that I *should* eat.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Everything in moderation.
Ah, but what is moderation? Is it that one pot of coffee before you switch to decaf tea, or the micro chip size cheese slice the doctor tells you is a serving? To me one mans moderation is another’s slow death.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:03 AM

27,507 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-CrazyWorld was going to help me this morning as I wasn't sure I'd be here-but I'm up bright eyed and bushy tailed. (Believe that and I have a bridge to sell you).

How about the new wave of Food police????? Fats, now salt-what's next?
Thats a real big peeve here. I hate that when you go for a meal, you have to ask for salt for your fries or they'll be so bland. I dont do 'diet' coke, 'baked' chips or 'sugar-free' cookies. 'Sodium-free' soups. 'Healthy request' tv dinners.
Funny how people back in the old days, before all this wave of 'healthy', 'sodium-free', 'sugar-free' people actually lived longer. Now, even with all this stuff, seems lifespans are shorter....everything you eat or drink 'gives you cancer'. Imagine that.
Pssst...I keep sea salt in my purse and in the truck.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,186,468 times
Yup, now it's water, milk, bread & eggs..

I'd rather eat the real stuff then the fake stuff!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,088,204 times
All the hogwash hits on ear and bounces out. There is a website selling frying chickens for around $50 apiece now because they were raised without soy. People eat tofu....give me a break from all the crazy fads. A piece of meat, 3 veggies and some fruit and leave me alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics