Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,919,500 times

Advertisements

People who have utter disregard for others property-ex. snowmobilers who zip thru your yard!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,712,736 times
What comes to mind is our lawn service. Our community has a lawn service and the stupid guy riding the mower didn't t know how to drive. Crashing into air conditioners, and a few other things.
He rode over my patio........(not sure why....no grass on my patio) leaving a huge thick green grass stain and takes off.

I go running after him but hes too fast. So I grabbed a few of his helps and over course they didn't speak english. I'm yelling like some kind of nut and they are just smiling and nodding.
So I brought the over to show them and they all went and go scrub brushes. LOL

I never did get the dumb guy that did it but it was a brand new paitio and it looked like heck when he got done.
After that there were a few other residents that got him though. He ran over water springer heads, cracked a ceramic patio and dented a few air conditioners.

Anyway thats my story and i"m sticking to it.

Happy sunday everyone.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:48 AM

9,802 posts, read 16,290,805 times
Yup, I had lots of problem with snow mobilers for many years.

The last 2 years the problems ceased.

I think it's because they prefer to ride on all the groomed trails that are abundant near me and fewer are riding the highway ditch past my place.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 AM

36,572 posts, read 16,152,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
People who have utter disregard for others property-ex. snowmobilers who zip thru your yard!!!!!!

Really?? Wow, that would **** me off!! I have a mailman who doesn't know what pavement is, likes to drive on my lawn from the road next to me all the way to my mail box instead of curving out to the street and curving back in.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
I see that happen a lot in the rural areas. Just because someone owns a lot of land doesn't mean it is for public use

We had neighbors one time who thought it was fine to use our trails for horseback riding...without permission.

I also remember a time we had our farm up for sale. A church asked if they could look at it. We said yes. The came with 2 full vans. We thought they left but later on hubby and I were looking down our valley and they were having a picnic on our land

Needless to say they never bought the farm. They just "used" it for the afternoon.

But holy cow..if you ever used their land like they do to you...now that would be a different story.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,368,279 times
This has always annoyed me too. People won't mind coming on your property, but if ever you go on theirs...

Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
Oh yeah we used to have problems with hunters until hubby started shooting through the woods at them. He was known as crazy at the little store down the road. It was a good thing No one should hunt your land without permission.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,273,548 times
Good pet peeve, Lacey. This extends to ALL property. Some people have no problems with helping themselves to what isn't theirs and walking off with it either.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,085,922 times
Think common courtesy flew the coop a while back, which is really a sad state of affairs. Remember when a man would tip his hat when a women passed? Course I guess I just dated myself lol or maybe it was a Southern thing, but something I remember from growing up - or even in later years as a woman and getting to a door before a man, opening it and then fighting (in jest) over who would go in first

Now too many self absorbed people only interested in me, me, me & to heck with how their behavior (or their kids/pets) affects anyone else. What used to make me real mad was when I was 'trying' to garden at 9100 ft. and have some dog come over and hike his leg on my flowers - we always made sure our dog went in 'our' yard even though no fences up there. One time it was a dog I knew lived in a neighboring condo complex and I went over to have a little chat with his owner. From then on he made sure his dog stayed out of my yard and, no, I didn't have a machete in CO lol just 'the look'

Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,182,329 times
Good fences make good neighbors!

First thing we did when buying the house was put a fence in with a gated driveway...

Would have worked too, except I kept knocking down the gate with the car...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics