Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 AM

16,768 posts, read 17,536,338 times

Advertisements

May I be so bold as to do this, being but a humble, relatively new member of this esteemed Forum?

It's just that I'm bored!

I'll ask a question that has perhaps more of a British twist to it.

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you?

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit?

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere?

Thank you for your indulgence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,948 times
Okay, I'm game.

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? Since I have never really known anyone who was British I don't think I can answer this -I'm just not sure what people are like or if there is any real difference!

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? Cornwall

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? For scenery: Ouray, Colorado (Caveat: I have not been to very many countries but I have been to all the states except Alaska.)

Old 12-06-2009, 07:42 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,660,036 times
Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? I'll have to think about that one for a while

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? All of it

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? It would be nice to visit other parts of the world. I've been fortunate to visit Germany and Paris but, in the words of an old American song, "There's no place like home"!

One thing that keeps me laughing about Britain (but I would like to visit) is a joke about an American with a bad leg sightseeing in London. Was riding the bus (Not sure what you call them there), trying to see the sites. The only seat left was occupied by a little dog who was being pampered by her owner. The American, being very nice about it, asked the elderly lady if she could hold her dog and let him sit in that seat. Told her his leg was hurting. She stood up, and in a loud voice, began to tell the man off, mainly telling him that that dog had more right to be on that bus than any American. The American never said a word. He just leaned over and opened the window, picked up the dog, and proceeded to throw her out the window, then sat down.
After letting out a scream the lady got the bus stopped and got off. After a lot of whispering and pointing by others on the bus, one man leaned over to the American and said,"You Americans are all backwards. You drive on the wrong side of the road and you threw the wrong b*tch out the window!"

Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,256,616 times
Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? ???? Sorry, no idea.

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? Scotland

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? Grand Teton National Park - most beautiful area I have ever visited.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,204,550 times
Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? I'm not certain what show. But, I know a person who does. It's Clyde on the HGTV show "Designed to Sell."

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? Scotland

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? I do not have just one favorite part. There are many. So, not sure I can give an answer on this one.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 AM

27,463 posts, read 27,491,020 times
Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you?

The only one thing about a British show/person that interests me isnt really even british, he's actually born and raised in England, though he has India linkage. Naveen Andrews, who plays as 'Sayid' in the serise 'Lost'. He's also done numerous other movies and shows, but I find him very....interesting.
My favourite part of the world would probably be Canada.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,364,369 times
Nice job, Jezer, thanks for stepping in for Karla on her well-deserved day off!

I don't watch movies or television, so I can't really answer that one.

I'm with kygman on this one - I'd want to visit all of it.

I haven't really been to many parts of the world at this point, so it's hard to answer that. I guess you could say that I'm most comfortable living in the Midwestern section of the USA, though I would love to visit many other regions of the world some day.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,357,940 times
Hi!

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it I write it like that actually) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? I remember loving Lenny Henry's Chef when I lived in England - not sure anyone on this side of the ocean knows what I'm talking about!
FYI, in France people would probably say Benny Hill or Mr Bean, depending on their age.

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? All the parts I have not visited yet : the North, especially Yorkshire. I'd also like to go back to Scotland, I was about 15 when I went there and really liked it back then. And of course, I'd like to take hubby to Norfolk since that's where I used to live (a wonderful year of my life!).

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? I must say that really like all the places I've ever been to... And I'm not saying that to please you, but England is a country I love! I sometimes say I'm quite English in my head, LOL. The USA is great as well, such a variety of landcapes and cultures... Actually, I guess any place where English is spoken is a place for me!

Last edited by Sudcaro; 12-06-2009 at 08:30 AM..

Old 12-06-2009, 08:18 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,705,420 times

Interesting question Jezer. I've never been to your side of the pond but have worked with a couple of people from Britain and worked on your cars. People seem quite normal. Cars are a different story. The TV show I would pick would be Fawlty Towers. Not because I think everyone there is an idiot like John Clease but because they make comedy out of situations that anyone could get into.

I guess the schools so I can learn how to spelle.

Any place where I can hear waves crash on a beach.

Thank you for your indulgence. [/quote]

Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 AM

607 posts, read 1,337,447 times
I'll play too...thanks Jezer! And good morning everyone! (If it is morning for you)

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? The Young Ones! Just kidding...though this show does illustrate a lifestyle not usually covered on tv.

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? I'd like to go back to Bath, and drive northward, to the Lake region and up to Scotland. I also have not been south of London. I'd like to check out more historical castles and estates.

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? Depending on my mood: Innsbruck, Austria, the Florida Keys, Alaska (of course), or my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics