Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:37 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,625,792 times

Advertisements

And to think I even asked KWAK if she wanted me to step in and do the Q day for her. She said she would be here. That's what I get for offering... Good job Jezer!

Never been to Britain, but my favorite place to be is Maine
Never been to Britain, but my favorite place to be is West Virginia.

When in doubt, give two answers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 01:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,561,208 times
[quote=tasmtairy;11913727]Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you?

Am I the only one who thought of Benny Hill???

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit?
London for me too!

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere?

I don't know, I haven't been there yet--that much I'm sure of!

Old 12-06-2009, 01:50 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,927,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
May I be so bold as to do this, being but a humble, relatively new member of this esteemed Forum?

It's just that I'm bored!

I'll ask a question that has perhaps more of a British twist to it.

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you?

Thank you for your indulgence.

ROBERT PATTINSON

Old 12-06-2009, 03:02 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,212,809 times
As my experience and knowledge of all things British is limited... I thought not only of Benny Hill but also: Keeping up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Red Dwarf, Last of the Summer Wine, and other shows that are on PBS.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:51 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,725,341 times
Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you?
Trigger Happy TV or Monty Python. I don't know if either are even still on TV anymore though. And most things on the BBC channel if thats still around.

London and Edinburgh. I have a friend in Dundee I'd like to visit as well.

I've barely been out of NYS, so so far my favorite place in the US that I've visited would have to be the Adirondack State park in NYS, particularly the High Peaks and Central Regions.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 AM

16,719 posts, read 17,493,229 times
Thank you to everyone for replying though I'm sure you all prefer the real QOTD which we all look forward to.

Thank you to Karla for putting in so much hard work.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:25 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,328,029 times

I watch so many British programmes that it would be impossible for me to choose just one. I love the warped humour of the early 80s with Kenny Everett and The Young Ones. I loved Red Dwarf, Monty Python and Absolutely Fabulous. I love Doctor Who ( Tom Baker used to be my favourite but now it's David Tennant) and the recent offshoot Torchwood. But as to what typifies Britain? The music I guess. I know that's not exactly what you were asking but the music typifies the country for me. It speaks to every aspect of the culture. I have always been a huge fan of English music as well.

Anything to do with the Tudors would be fascinating to me. Where they lived mainly. I'd also like to have a look around the Tower of London and see if I could feel anything spooky

My favourite part of the world is anywhere with history, the further back the better. Being Australian our history is only a couple of hundred years old. The Aboriginal people were nomadic so we have no ancient ruins or civilizations in the Western sense. So I guess Europe (including Britain) would be the place for me.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:29 AM

206 posts, read 572,736 times
I don't think it tipifies Britain but I used to love "Are You Being Served?"
That show used to crack me up. Also Loved Monty Python.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,043,833 times
Quote:
Thank you to everyone for replying though I'm sure you all prefer the real QOTD which we all look forward to.

Thank you to Karla for putting in so much hard work.
Thanks, Jezer - this was an interesting spin to the regular QOTD. Stay ready - Karla may take more time off!!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,567,922 times
Quote:
May I be so bold as to do this, being but a humble, relatively new member of this esteemed Forum?

It's just that I'm bored!

I'll ask a question that has perhaps more of a British twist to it.

Which movie or TV programme (yes, that is how you spell it ) or person on TV typifies Britain for you? NO, that's how Brits spell "program"... I'm ashamed to admit that "Benny Hill" is the only program that readily comes to mind. (T'was a l-o-n-g night at work...)

Which part of Britain would you most like to visit? Anything that's North of the Midlands that I haven't already seen!

What's your favourite part of the world- USA or elsewhere? Behind my U.S. of A., I loved my time in Europe; from the U.K. down to Sardinia (and Northern Italy)!

Thank you for your indulgence.
You're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics