Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM

48,174 posts, read 22,026,263 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ?

I got volunteered to provide the flowers for the alter this Sunday.....that was a bit of a hassle since I was going to be out of town.....but I made a fall dry arrangement and set it in place earlier in the week. It all worked out....(as far as I know.)

I also got volunteered to bake for the social hour after church the first Sunday in November...I am sure that will work out ok too; but it does put a little pressure on me.

Extra Credit Question:
With reconnecting through facebook so popular

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion?

Will you go ?
Last year was my 50th HS reunion.....I didnt go.
How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ?
I have the Year Book from my senior year (1958)
When was the last time you looked at it ?
When we packed to move back east.....briefly as I was packing it, I pondered thrwing it away but didnt.
Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ?

I like them fried and turned just lightly and on the plate with the yolk unbroken but soft.
If they are sitting on a buttered toast .... or portion of rice....or beside a serving of grits....thats all good!
Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ?

We have good friends who live in Wisconsin....it would be fun if they beat a path to our door. They are easy people to have visit.....low maintainence.

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ?

NAY!!!!! I hope you don't it would be pronounced Quack....not entirely flattering and visually I think it is awkward.....I really like "Karla with a K"

Today in History:
1887 - A Miles patents elevator
1936 - "Professor Quiz," 1st radio quiz show premieres
1975 - "Saturday Night Live" premieres with guest host George Carlin
1981 - A unknown rocker "Prince" opens for Rolling Stones at LA Coliseum
1983 - The last hand-cranked telephones in the U.S. went out of service as 440 telephone customers in Bryant Pond, Maine, were switched over to direct-dial Its funny I was just up in Bethel Maine this past Thursday and met an elderly lady by the name of Bryant....and she took great pride in the name Bryant Pond....(family connections.) I had never heard of it before and now it has come up twice in one week.

[+] Rate this post positively Thank You Karla....you are always rated positive in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM

591 posts, read 664,497 times
Extra Credit Question:

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion? My reunion is coming up in 2011. Number ????

Will you go ? My dh and I are going.

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? 4

When was the last time you looked at it ? I'm in charge of 13 classmates, and getting the word out about the reunion. So I look at the book daily. CALIFORNIA ANGELS WON TODAY YAH THAT'S WHY I'M LATE, WAS WATCHING ALL THE GAMES.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times
Extra Credit Question:
I don't do facebook and don't plan to. Some people I've met swear that younger people are losing the ability to talk face to face. I hope they're wrong.

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? When was the last time you looked at it ?
Probably at my parents house. Many years ago.

Just For Fun :
What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ?
Scrambled, fully, not runny!

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ?
Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize Van....if you can just arrange that.....thanks!

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ?
Don't do it Karla!

Today in History:
1936 - "Professor Quiz," 1st radio quiz show premieres cool a nerdy show? right up my street
1981 - A unknown rocker "Prince" opens for Rolling Stones at LA Coliseum who?
1983 - The last hand-cranked telephones in the U.S. went out of service as 440 telephone customers in Bryant Pond, Maine, were switched over to direct-dial Funny!

Today is:
National Sausage Pizza Day

Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,457,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

I answered this earlier today and somehow, just as I was about to hit the submit button, it went awry and brought me to my homepage!! When I back clicked, of course all my answers were gone! I'm trying this one last time before I quit for today!
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ? Not sure if this counts, but I offered work to someone who didn't have any and what a mistake! I had to pay someone else to come fix the mess he made and left! UGH!!

Bonus Question:

Sigh, I should of known better than to put all my cards on the table recently because apparently honesty isn't appreciated too much nowadays! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion? I haven't heard of it happening.

Will you go ? No. I haven't spoken to most of them in 35 years, why try to find something in common now?

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? I do...somewhere in a box.

When was the last time you looked at it ? 20 years or so

Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ? Over EZ

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ? My daughter. My grandson. And the love of my life better speed it up too. I'm not gettin' any younger!!

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ? It's a pretty funny name, but I think I like just Karla. It's an unusual and unique name and you should be proud of it. You were likely a kid like me... in the souvenier shops there were never pins with my name spelled MY way!!!

Today in History:
1887 - A Miles patents elevator - Who came up with the elevator man being called Otis?
1936 - "Professor Quiz," 1st radio quiz show premieres WAY b4 my time!
1983 - The last hand-cranked telephones in the U.S. went out of service as 440 telephone customers in Bryant Pond, Maine, were switched over to direct-dial - The end of an era. Too bad it changed.

Word of the Day:
descry \dih-SKRY\ , transitive verb:
1. To catch sight of, especially something distant or obscure; to discern.
2. To discover by observation; to detect.
I'm having a vision of Tweetie Bird sayin', "I thought I descried a puddy tat!"

Today is:
National Sausage Pizza Day
World Egg Day
Spinning and Weaving Day
It's my party Day
Getting The World to Beat A Path To Your Door Day
ALL great designations for today!! Maybe I should go munch an egg...

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 10-11-2009 at 07:32 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,848,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Hated my 10th ~ people haven't pulled their heads out of their butts yet ~ but the rest DO get better. My favorite were the 20th & 30th.

And I never take my husband, unless he decides he'd like to go along. Those things are painful for most spouses.
This is what I have heard about reunions:

10th: what are you doing? This is what I am doing...
20th: how are you? It's been great to reconnect
30th: OMG it is so good to see you again...remember when....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics