Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM

27,469 posts, read 27,495,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ?
I can't think of one, but I'd like to volunteer to be a photographer for the Sports Illustrated swim suit issue, or the Victoria's Secret catalog.. - I'm only kidding.

Extra Credit Question:
With reconnecting through facebook so popular
Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion?
Will you go ?
I don't use Facebook or any of those other websites, when we had our 30th reunion 4 years ago, I found out about it through regular mail.

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ?
I still have the yearbook from my senior year in high school.

Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ?
Cooked... It's a little tough to eat raw eggs with a fork.. - I like them hard-boiled or scrambled.

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ?
Well, I used to wish for Ed McMahon to show up at my door with that $10 million-dollar check from Publisher's Clearing House... - Right now, and I know I sound like a broken record, but a wife would be nice.

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ?
Karla we know what "KwaK" stands for, but others who are new might not. I'd leave your screen name the way it is... and no, I'm not gonna trade names with you..

My grandparents won that Publishers Clearing House thing years ago and we learned you dont have to subscribe to win.
I'll try to send a Victoria Secret gal out to your door today Mike, but its Sunday, so if you miss out.....
Kwak is another way of spelling 'quack'....like in duck.
Cant rep you right now but Ill get you when you least expect it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,956,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
My new screen name is a measure of sound (decibles) and I read somewhere a long time ago 115 is pretty loud, and 125 is about rock concert level. Never researched it but you know me, the most gullible one here and actually believe it.
I'm not sure if that's still a record, but I know The Who held a record for the loudest volume at a rock concert in the mid 1970s, it was measured at 122 decibels 2 feet away from center stage. Trust me, you'd go deaf real fast if you got exposed to 125 decibels of SPL (Sound Pressure Level), that is a very dangerous level.

I heard the average level at a rock concert is about 110 decibels.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 AM

36,541 posts, read 16,127,522 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ? Nothing that I can think of.

Bonus Question:

Sigh, I should of known better than to ____play that music loud__ because ____my ears started ringing_ ?

Extra Credit Question:

No
Will you go ?
No
I have them all!
When was the last time you looked at it ? 10 years ago

Just For Fun :

Over Medium
Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ? No one

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ? It's ok as long as I pronounce it "Qwacky"

Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,860,559 times
Morning everyone! It is a gorgeous, crisp fall day here! Sky is a perfect blue, not a cloud in the sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ? Taking on something else at school!

Bonus Question:

Sigh, I should of known better than to __keep charging___because __sooner or later you have to pay the bill_______ ?

Extra Credit Question:

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion? I will be having a high school reunion in a few years!

Will you go ? Absolutely!

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? Me!

When was the last time you looked at it ? Hmmm, its in a box somewhere from when we moved about 4 years ago!

Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ? scrambled with strips of bacon accompanying them!

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ? people from the tv show Extreme Makeovers...finish the renovation at their expense!

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ? aww thats kinda cute! Although, it does make me think of a duck!

Today in History:
1887 - A Miles patents elevator
1936 - "Professor Quiz," 1st radio quiz show premieres
1975 - "Saturday Night Live" premieres with guest host George Carlin
1981 - A unknown rocker "Prince" opens for Rolling Stones at LA Coliseum
1983 - The last hand-cranked telephones in the U.S. went out of service as 440 telephone customers in Bryant Pond, Maine, were switched over to direct-dial

Word of the Day:
descry \dih-SKRY\ , transitive verb:
1. To catch sight of, especially something distant or obscure; to discern.
2. To discover by observation; to detect.

Today is:
National Sausage Pizza Day
World Egg Day
Spinning and Weaving Day
It's my party Day
Getting The World to Beat A Path To Your Door Day
Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 AM

338 posts, read 321,110 times
Extra Credit Question:
Will you go ?
I don't go to my high school reunions

When was the last time you looked at it ?
a few months ago when I was unpacking from our move

Just For Fun :
over easy with bacon, toast, and a cup of coffee

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ?

Today in History:
1981 - A unknown rocker "Prince" opens for Rolling Stones at LA Coliseum

Today is:
National Sausage Pizza Day
World Egg Day

Last edited by ms ball; 10-11-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 10-11-2009, 09:16 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,208,318 times

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ? I volunteer at work all the time and sometimes I think.....omg what did I do...

Extra Credit Question:
With reconnecting through face book so popular
I do not have anything to do with face book

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion? They send me letters

Will you go ? some day maybe

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? Yes I have a few

When was the last time you looked at it ? Been a while for sure..

Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ? cooked

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ? The lottery winning guy....

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ? So.....do you feel that Kwak fits you better just do it.

Word of the Day:
descry \dih-SKRY\ , transitive verb:
1. To catch sight of, especially something distant or obscure; to discern.
2. To discover by observation; to detect.

Today is:
A Day for football fans nation wide

set back, relax and enjoy your day !

Old 10-11-2009, 09:19 AM

228 posts, read 476,640 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing you "Volunteered" for that maybe you wish you hadn't ? Sending stuff to my son's class...now they expect it all the time.

Bonus Question:

Sigh, I should of known better than to yell at my neighbor because it's not me. (she just made me mad coming down here drunk and carrying on...lol)

Extra Credit Question:

Has any of our QOTD family found out their old school is having a reunion? naw

Will you go ? dont care about that

How many of our QOTD family still have their old yearbooks ? I have one of mine from middle school..my exhusband has one and refuses to give it back...and he isnt even in it...weirdo!

When was the last time you looked at it ? about a month ago

Just For Fun :

What is your favorite way to see eggs on your plate ? as long as they are cooked all the way....doesnt matter to me....runny eggs are icky gross.

Who is the one person or persons you would love to see "beat a path to your door" ? not a person...but would love to see that $30,000 child support check my ex owes....

OK lol taking a vote on changing my name to KwaK what do you think Yay or Nay ? Sure...why not!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,059,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Today's Question(s):

I can't think of one, but I'd like to volunteer to be a photographer for the Sports Illustrated swim suit issue, or the Victoria's Secret catalog.. - I'm only kidding.
No you're not!!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,664,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
My grandparents won that Publishers Clearing House thing years ago and we learned you dont have to subscribe to win.
I found out that, if you don't buy anything they quit sending you all the "You may already be a winner" stuff in the mail. That's what that last letter I got said. I never ordered anything so they were dropping me from their mailing lists. Now if I could get 15 or 20 others to take me off their mailing lists! lol

Old 10-11-2009, 10:08 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,511,372 times

To be the POC for something at work...I have learned that someone stating they will be responsible to cover a certain segment rarely do...but they continue to "volunteer" to....

Bonus Question:

Sigh, I should of known better than to ___________ because _________ ?

Get up so early this morning, because now I want a nap.

Extra Credit Question:

No

Will you go ? Probably not...my circle of friends were mostly military brats like me and left the area long ago...keep up with only 4 people from back in the day and they would not attend either...so have to say no.

Not only do I not have it...I can't even begin to tell you WHEN I lost it!

When was the last time you looked at it ?

See above....

Just For Fun :

Scrambled, with tobasco sauce

Our kids...any one of them living out of state...or all of them to REALLY make me happy. Grandbabies in tow of course!

Why not???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics