Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegirl View Post
Supposed to mean a death in the family. My mom would absolutely freak flipping out if my brothers left their ball caps on their beds! And that, belive it or not, isn't the weirdest. If you leave the house and have to go back in for something you forgot, you must turn around 3 times & spit on the floor. How about dropping silverware? If you drop a fork, a woman is going to visit, a knife - a man and a spoon, a child.
Holy cow! I need to be doing a lot of spinning and spitting ... neighbors might think I'm even weirder than I already am. As for the silverware thing, dropped near enough the whole drawer earlier this week when cleaning it out ... not one visitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,201 times
Well Friday the 13th has already been to my door, my computer is getting fixed as I type could be the hard drive or the mouse, who knows. I might have to run out and buy a new one today, but a way to start the day.
This all took place at 1o am this morning. I was in total loss without being able to check in on City-Data, need my computer back!!!! I hope it will be today yet, I have someone shopping on the internet and as soon as he tells me what and where I am on my way to I hope buy a new one. Hold the fort down until I am back and up and running. Yorkie

Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'm not superstitious at all. God has everything under control and being superstitious to me is just a waste of time and energy. I'll throw a hat on a bed, walk under a ladder, continue walking down the path crossed by a black cat (got one keeping my right thigh warm at the moment ), and will step on cracks from here to tomorrow.
If something happens to me, oh well. I know where I'm going.
I feel the same way! I open my umbrella in the house all the time I may not know what the day holds, but I know who holds the day!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
Bad things don't happen to me on Friday the 13th, when I would at least be somewhat prepared! No, I only have bad days when I'm not expecting them. I'd rather deal with a dismal Friday the 13th than be surprised by an innocuous-sounding Thursday the 23rd that goes completely south.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,432 times
So I'm guessing no one ran into Jason today????? :P

Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
So I'm guessing no one ran into Jason today????? :P
Don't say that, there's still 7 minutes left in the....hold on, someones at the door...brb

Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Don't say that, there's still 7 minutes left in the....hold on, someones at the door...brb
I ordered pizza. Oh wait, we are in 2 different places... Hmmmm...

I better go check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics