Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:43 AM

36 posts, read 63,015 times

Advertisements

I have to say that Twitter is absolutely the dumbest website ever created.

I told everyone I know that I'm going to start texting everyone in my phone every hour of the day to let them know what I'm doing at that exact moment, even if it's personal information they probably don't want to hear.

Most said: WTF? Why? Well. . .For those that have Twitter, What's the difference?

1:00pm - I'm Pooping.

2:00pm - I'm Eating.

3:00pm - Taking a shower.

4:00pm - Did I mention I was Pooping @ 1:00pm?

What a retarded site, Seriously.

And it surprises the hell out of me how many people truly believe that all these "celebrities" have a twitter site that they push to the general public. . . Uhh. . . Hello. . . Ever heard of a publicist?

If anyone ever wonders why people are getting dumber. . . There's one answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM

10,177 posts, read 11,159,885 times
I agree.

I joined Twitter way before it became popular. I didn't care for it, and found it useless in my daily life.

Honestly - who in their right mind would post every detail of their day/lives?

I have better things to do, then let the world know when I'm getting bopped or eating something.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
What fascinates me is that such a banal idea not only catches on, but that it generates so much spin. This thread being an example. I'm not knocking the addition of the thread, just noticing that it seems to be a more common subject lately.

BTW, I agree. Why anyone thinks what they do every minute is important enough that I would care is beyond me.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:12 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
BTW, I agree. Why anyone thinks what they do every minute is important enough that I would care is beyond me.

You mean you don't care that I just scratched?

Oh... did it again! I'm on a roll!

Breathin' out my nose and not my mouth!

Blinked.

Blinked again.

LOL... what I find funny is that those of us that think places like Twitter are dumb are made to not feel like the cool people 'cuz you know "everyone's doing it". Why wouldn't you want to do it seeing as how everyone else is!

Which reminds me of that saying, "Sometimes a majority simply means all the idiots are on the same side".

Just sayin'.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
would they want to here my fart i could describe how loud it was and that it smells like chily beans and rice

and what about my dogs farts they are down right smelly

Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
I assume that the name Twitter is derived from Twit, which likely describes those involved in Twittering.

Hey! My stomach just rumbled!!! Are you just oh so fascinated? Wait, does that mean I'm a twit? Ah Jeez...

Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
would they want to here my fart i could describe how loud it was and that it smells like chily beans and rice

and what about my dogs farts they are down right smelly

Um... just to get you up-to-date and staying "in the loop"... farting is now referred to as "butt boxing"!

LOL.. doesn't that make it even funnier!

Quote:
I assume that the name Twitter is derived from Twit, which likely describes those involved in Twittering.
Or... twa.....

Eh... nevamind.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
I assume that the name Twitter is derived from Twit, which likely describes those involved in Twittering....
That's a dirty word in my house! My mom always called my sister's ex a twit-well, THE twit, to be exact, and that is the absolute ultimate insult in this household!..but I wonder if he twitters?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I agree.

I joined Twitter way before it became popular. I didn't care for it, and found it useless in my daily life.
Ditto. Remember Friendster? And Bebo? And MySpace?
The final irony (well, it's not so much irony as it is inevitable) is that Twitter has snowballed into an income generating monster, a bandwagon that many folks are trying to jump on, take advantage of, get a piece of, etc.
"Follow" and "tweet" have gained new meaning in the English language.
I am not against all social networking on the web. I have a blog, and link to other blogs. Facebook is okay, if silly in its own way--and they tried to buy Twitter, they know which way the wind is blowing.
But Twitter felt so idiotic--I just couldn't get into it.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM

656 posts, read 2,741,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I agree.

Honestly - who in their right mind would post every detail of their day/lives?

I have better things to do, then let the world know when I'm getting bopped or eating something.
Same here
I joined before it got popular and believed that know way would this site gain such popularity
Show's you how much I know
Then again I also said in the 80's that know one would pay for bottled water either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics