Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:19 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,865,138 times

Advertisements

I guess it is another way to get your few minutes of fame no matter how fake the fame is in reality.

I can see Twitter as being a good vehicle for public figures to stay in contact with their fans. Or as a way to say I am in LA shopping but really be out shopping in po'dunk city somewhere and not want to be bothered.

but over all it just a quite note to cyberspace that anyone can read. public email. If I want everyone to read what I have to say I do it on C-D! Public chit-chat with meaning. plus we get to use more spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:22 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,255,416 times
Nothing but a time waster.....

Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,437,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-msm View Post
I have to say that Twitter is absolutely the dumbest website ever created.

I told everyone I know that I'm going to start texting everyone in my phone every hour of the day to let them know what I'm doing at that exact moment, even if it's personal information they probably don't want to hear.

Most said: WTF? Why? Well. . .For those that have Twitter, What's the difference?

1:00pm - I'm Pooping.

2:00pm - I'm Eating.

3:00pm - Taking a shower.

4:00pm - Did I mention I was Pooping @ 1:00pm?

What a retarded site, Seriously.

And it surprises the hell out of me how many people truly believe that all these "celebrities" have a twitter site that they push to the general public. . . Uhh. . . Hello. . . Ever heard of a publicist?

If anyone ever wonders why people are getting dumber. . . There's one answer.
Yes, with all the talk of it with CNN , friends and the such, I checked it out...it's nothing more than an instant message board of what you are doing minute by minute....hum.....privacy is a thing of the past for some...I don't use the twit anylonger it's a joke..... I used ICQ years ago and much better and more tools...

Old 05-15-2009, 02:47 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,859,350 times
A couple relatives of mine are on Twitter and one told me they were on, so thinking it would be fun, I joined it. I didn't know that the only thing you could do with it was type updates on your life. I know that no one cares about the little tiny details of my day so I hardly ever write anything. I thought that there would be all sorts of things to do on there as is the case on Facebook, like quizzes and surveys. I can't imagine any individual would do this for too long, unless the person is way too into himself or herself, or seriously bored seven days a week.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 PM

36 posts, read 63,464 times
"All celebrated people lose dignity on a close view."

Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 AM

16 posts, read 59,573 times
people are nuts...that they praise twitter--wtf is wrong with this society---and what is going on??

waht kind of civilized intelligent society--would even consider using anything as dumb dumb and DUMB as twitter__--the name, the concept...are people just stupid or messed up? what is wrong with this society...fine i can get facebook being 'popular' on some level but..twitter?? I think a 4 year old came up with it or soem college student on crack...and peopel actually LIKE it and use it...and wtf??? thats like someone saying...Ok let's create a website called "let's chat" and u can chat and post about yourself...here do it...and everyone is like...omg!!! let's chat?? and the news is talking about let's chat and celebs are posting on it!! yippiee!! this society is whacked seriously...i dont get it...i guess people are losing brain cells or something is going on ..

Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,277,231 times
Is there a support group for Twits That Tweet? If not, there should be.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,441,802 times
Twitter is too complicated for me. I deleted my membership.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,379,476 times
I think Twittering is stupid. Someone have a need to "do" something? Read a book.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 PM

28,804 posts, read 47,949,325 times
Then tweet the paragraph you just read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics