Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,407,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I got invited to a graduation party but I can't make it. I like the guy that invited me. But he invited some people that I don't like. He invited some people that deleted me on facebook. It's probably a good thing that I can't go. BooHoo

I don't understand why people from my high school town invite me to events when they know I don't live there anymore. I don't live anywhere nearby...I live 2,000 miles away.

Good grief, you'd complain even if you didn't get an invite!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Good grief, you'd complain even if you didn't get an invite!
No I wouldn't. I can't make it. If I didn't get an invite, I would just assume he realized I won't be able to make it since I live far away

Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
I'm having serious issue here and want to throw rocks right now at HONDA corp...seriously, if any C-D members have Honda Civic older or past 2001 models, then you probably know what I'm talking about.......the battery died, and now I don't have Radio (they have a reset mechnism -anti-theft protection that shuts down the radio unless u punch in the code, which I didn't ask for), So No Tunes, my life is not good, and ofcourse I don't have the code, because my husband (I want to throw tomatoes at him right now (nice way of saying tomatoes instead of****) because he threw the paper w/the radio code away when he cleaned my car

So, I've called Honda, I've gotta get the serial number, which is not in the glove box and not in the fuse box, so I do the little trick w/the radio turned off (press 1 & 6 at the same time) and now its got the 6ERR message, and I'm going nuts......no radio for almost a whole week now and I hate driving around dead silence..

ok I'm sorry I'm being a baby, but Radio (like the Internet) is really important to me, because its all I have, more than the hus****shut my mouth!!!!!

HONDA truly bites.....
tell hubby you now deserve a brand new installed radio. Get rid of the Honda one. I had a Honda Civic for over 10 years. Battery died serveral times or disconnected for various reasons.

here is a crappy site for some ideas.
Honda radio code

this is the full explaination of the 1/6 press:
Easiest cheapest way, Turn car on, turn radio off, press numers 1 and 6 for about 5 to 10 seconds. It will display your serial number in two sets first 4 then last four! WRITE IT DOWN!! Call 1-800-999-1009 have the radio serial number, your vehicle Vin# and Aprox. Mileage they will give you the code from there! WRITE IT DOWN!!!!

Read more: Answers.com - How do you unlock radio code honda civic

Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM

I hate it when there's a new post on a thread and I get excited thinking someone responded to me only to find out the new post is something I don't care about

Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM

987 posts, read 1,746,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
tell hubby you now deserve a brand new installed radio. Get rid of the Honda one. I had a Honda Civic for over 10 years. Battery died serveral times or disconnected for various reasons.

here is a crappy site for some ideas.
Honda radio code

this is the full explaination of the 1/6 press:
Easiest cheapest way, Turn car on, turn radio off, press numers 1 and 6 for about 5 to 10 seconds. It will display your serial number in two sets first 4 then last four! WRITE IT DOWN!! Call 1-800-999-1009 have the radio serial number, your vehicle Vin# and Aprox. Mileage they will give you the code from there! WRITE IT DOWN!!!!

Read more: Answers.com - How do you unlock radio code honda civic
thank you Kerowyn

I finally got it, after I got the error code to go away, I got it and called Honda and gave them a piece of my mind (after i got the code that is..lol) she just apologized but I told her, My anger was not directed at her specifically, all at Honda....

Yes its really a pain in the A!!!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,728 times
Quote:
I hate it when there's a new post on a thread and I get excited thinking someone responded to me only to find out the new post is something I don't care about
hehehe there ya go just have to respond to this

Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I got invited to a graduation party but I can't make it. I like the guy that invited me. But he invited some people that I don't like. He invited some people that deleted me on facebook. It's probably a good thing that I can't go.

I don't understand why people from my high school town invite me to events when they know I don't live there anymore. I don't live anywhere nearby...I live 2,000 miles away.

some people ( me included ) like to invite people out of politeness. Meaning even though I know they can't show, wont come, can't afford or whatever I still want to invite them cause I want them to know I care enough for them to want them there or to join in IF they could. simple. Normally I add in a not or will them outright that I know the odds of them joining are minimal but if they were to come they would be highly welcome.

I do know other that just use the invites for a few other reasons. One just to send out a more formal announcement to everyone. Heck they paid $$$ for those announcements so might as well use them. Also there are those who do it to get the presents or money people feel like they have to send. (which no one should be obliged to send anything except maybe a card wishing them well).

Don't look on the act of receiving such invites as being horrible. Look at like. Hey they care about me and want me to included even though they know I am too far away. How nice. Try to focus on negatives and look at the simple gesture as what it is... a nice gesture.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
some people ( me included ) like to invite people out of politeness. Meaning even though I know they can't show, wont come, can't afford or whatever I still want to invite them cause I want them to know I care enough for them to want them there or to join in IF they could. simple. Normally I add in a not or will them outright that I know the odds of them joining are minimal but if they were to come they would be highly welcome.

I do know other that just use the invites for a few other reasons. One just to send out a more formal announcement to everyone. Heck they paid $$$ for those announcements so might as well use them. Also there are those who do it to get the presents or money people feel like they have to send. (which no one should be obliged to send anything except maybe a card wishing them well).

Don't look on the act of receiving such invites as being horrible. Look at like. Hey they care about me and want me to included even though they know I am too far away. How nice. Try to focus on negatives and look at the simple gesture as what it is... a nice gesture.
You might be onto something. From his point of view, maybe he wishes I could show up even though he realizes I won't be able to.

But from my point of view, it makes me feel like a bad friend to decline an invitation.

But it's a good thing I have an excuse to not go, since people I dislike got invited

Old 04-29-2011, 10:52 AM

On a related note, there was someone that used to go to my college and she invited me to her birthday party (when she went to this college). I met her on facebook and met her a few times in person. Since I only knew her somewhat and I didn't know any of the other people at the party, I didn't go because I thought it would be awkward. But I guess it's a compliment that based on what little she knew of me, she thought I was worthy of attending her party.

On another related note, here's a vent: When people think you need to drink to enjoy being 21. I have a friend that just turned 21 and he doesn't want to drink. I'm not 21 yet, but I don't want to drink either so I can relate to him. Anyway, people are hellbent on getting him drunk. But I don't understand why. It's his life, not theirs. If they want to get drunk, that's their decision. But if my friend doesn't want to drink, that's his decision and not someone else's. They should just accept the fact that he views alcohol differently than they do.

Another vent is when people think any birthday after 21 is pointless. Some people are so delusional that they think 21 is old and they don't want to get any older. Anyone who thinks that way must center their life around alcohol. Why else would they think any birthday after 21 is pointless? I don't get it...they're so excited to turn 21 so they can drink legally but then they turn 21 and complain that they're old and they don't want to get any older. It's sad that so many people go through life with that mindset.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Ok now that I calmed myself down by reading and replying to a few other note worthy rants. I would like to place a ponderable out there to folks on a touchy subject. Handicap parking spaces... veterans....a people doing a job.... and customers.

Here is what happened. Mom and myself wanted to go to Jim's for breakfast. Ok it was during this morning busy time but we went anyways. We drove through parking all handicap places were taken up. But one spot was taken up by a guy delivering those free paper/magazines that are in the doorways. ( take note closer to the doors were three empty spots for 'to go' orders). He had DV plates but we still felt like he should not have taken up patron parking for his delivery/business.
When he finally backed out of the spot mom (83) gave him the shame-shame fingers and I just shook my head at him. He rolled down his window and immediately started yelling at me and my mom. I told him he should not have parked there to make such a delivery. and he got belligerent and even started calling my mom names. I was beyond laughing now
He ranted about being a disabled vet, serving his country, being shot and severely injured and more. Yes he was almost frothing at the mouth. I just shook my head some more.
He never once ask or let us tell him why we thought what he did was wrong. It was a simple quick drop off, he could have parked in one of the 'to go' spots right in front of the doors. He would have been in and out faster then people who would be picking up their foods to go. but instead he made three handicap vehicles park further out and away from the front doors.

Here is my beef. I could careless about Mr insanity. I am just wondering why is DV more important then anyone else with handicap tags. He went on and on about being a Veteran, serving his country etc. Am I suppose to throw bloody rose petals at his feet? I have three people in my family with handicap tags/placards. He didn't even walk with a limp and he was CARRYING a stack of mags/books! I have two herniated disc in my back and I couldn't have carried that many mags and not limp or show pain. (fyi I don't have handicap tags or a placard for my car)

I think my real problem is not the event but what it stood for... a disable vet USING his title as DV to make him feel more entitled to yell and be belligerent to us. It reminds me of the 'pulling the race card' phrase. Ya know it was one of those moments where you wish you could have said something but the best course of action was to just let the blowhard rant.

After the event someone came up to us and asked what was that all about. I told him we didn't think it was right for someone who was not a customer to take up a paying customer's parking spot close to the front just to make a delivery. The gentleman agreed with me and thought that was a jerky thing to do. I felt better someone agreed.

{post note: I support the troups even married the military for a while myself. many people served in my family. lost a uncle to WWII. Mom puts out over 125 flags every memorial, flag, july 4th days. I have a cousin who recieved several medals of honor in current war. I have many close friends who are serving, have served and are disabled vets themselves. so this isn't a rant about me hating vets}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics