Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 AM

54,503 posts, read 33,926,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Scariest thing to happen to you?
When I got up this morning and looked at myself in the mirror...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,751,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
The scariest that that happened to me was when my 2 year old son had got ahold of my older son's sleeping medicine. I do not know how many he took but we figured at least 7. We rushed him to our town hospital and they got to work on him right away but they were worried because the medicine was also given to adults for high blood pressure. My baby's blood pressure was dropping fast. They sent him by ambulance to Little Rock to the Children's hospital their. I was so scared my baby might die!! They had the blood pressure machine were I could see it on the ambulance and I asked once how bad it was. The EMT turned it so I couldn't see it anymore. It was so sad seeing him with tubes and wires everywhere. I stayed by him all night not sleeping just watching him to make sure he was breathing. Then about 4 am he moved for the first time. Then he rolled over and smiled at me!! I just cryed I knew he was ok then! After that he almost tore the hospital down running and playing everywhere. But those hours that we did not know what was going to happen were the scariest thing I ever lived through and if you have children you know what I mean!!
Oh that is scary...anything involving your children is by far the scariest!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 AM

947 posts, read 2,402,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Hmmm, before I had kids the scariest thing off the top of my head was when my dh was in the Marine Corps and was out in the field. We lived off base in the middle of the desert, no neighbors. I got a phone call in the middle of the night by some creepy guy who said he was going to come over, he called again and then I unplugged the phone and sat in bed all night with the lights on and a shotgun on my lap,lol...
Oh, and even creepier, I went to work the next morning (I worked at the px on base) and told my friend what happened (our husbands were in the same unit so he was in the field too) and she got the exact same phone calls...ewww

After I had kids, scariest always involves them now, my dd having a fibural seizure when she was about a year old, scary...then my oldest son wondering away from the house when he was about 4, we lived in Missouri at the time, out in the country on a couple hundred acres, he was no where to be found, wandered off to an adjoining farm with our dogs...one second he was out in the yard with my older daughter playing, called them in for lunch, my daughter comes in and my son is gone.....that was definitely scary too!
I bet that was scarry! (both experiences) I know my hubby is gone all week long and if I would have got a call like that I would have done the same thing!

And when it comes to your kids it seems as if everything is terrifying!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,652,475 times
Scariest thing - I have a few!

Some friends and I were going to another friends house for the first time, and it was out in the woods. We were on a gravel road at that time, and there were alot of forks in it. We figured out that we took the wrong one, so I turned around and was coming back when a man jumped out of the bushes with a gun and started screaming at us to pull down to his house! I sat there for a moment, then floored the truck and just about ran him over! He got in a truck and started chasing us, but we lost him at some point before the main road! I was shaking so hard, I could hardly drive!

Now, since kids, I would say when my son had febrile seizures. The first time was really scary, then in the future, whenever he would start to get a fever it was this race against time to get Advil and a bath or washcloths to him before he had a seizure, because his fevers would spike so quickly! I am so glad he has outgrown that!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:47 AM

54,503 posts, read 33,926,864 times
Two very scary moments that I've experienced, both of them were when I asked 2 gals to marry me... ughh.. wait, not at the same time but they were over 20 years apart. The last one was just last August. One said maybe, and the other one said no..

Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM

72,482 posts, read 18,232,585 times
I was at a beach in Hawaii,I went in to the water,all of a sudden a big wave came and I was in the middle of nowhere,didn't know how to swim,I panicked and started dog paddling,luckily another wave threw me back up to the shore. I still remember it. I was in high school.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,570,233 times
Right now (besides a haunted house we lived in when I was a child)the most scary thing that happened was my first child birth

Old 04-14-2009, 10:53 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,737,372 times
There have been several scary times in my life unfortuantely and all when I was between 13 and 22.. Four car accidents as a passenger and in 1 accident an angel must of been with us, riding in the back seat of the family car and the door opening up when we were at Bear Mountain, sucking on a LARGE lollipop and it getting stuck in my throat (thank god for the police officer), getting my hand caught in the elevator door and dad saved the day, getting ready to leave a friend's house when the father decides he wanted alittle action and I luckily got away before anything took place and when I got home I was a basket case and told my father what happened and he made the guy an offer he couldn't refuse.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,391,028 times
This will tell you all about the crime in any given zip code in the U.S.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
The only thing that I found suprising about your 12 years in Miami is that having a gun pointed in your direction appears to be the most serious crime commited against you during that time. You have been lucky.

Last edited by Yac; 05-23-2012 at 07:05 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

321 posts, read 856,329 times
I got married lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics