Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:31 PM

364 posts, read 527,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
The scariest thing that ever happened to me was an incident that I wrote about for a college paper, for my creative writing class. I thought it was a good story, but I think a little too long for me to copy and paste it in here, though I wouldn't mind anyone reading it

Long story short: I got held up, along with my fiance and our co-workers, at a restuarant by a bunch of people holding shotguns. I got prodded in the back with the gun, hit on the head with one, called the B-word (no, they didn't know me), and got thrown into a cramped freezer with everyone else, hoping that we weren't going to die. We also were robbed
Oh my goodness. Wow. You poor thing. That is horrifying! I can't even imagine what you must have felt like. Nobody could unless they were in that situation. How long were you in the freezer before you got out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,493,056 times
We were in the freezer for about 25 minutes, all lying on top of each other like sardines. After about 25 minutes, I don't know how, but one of the guys was able to somehow open the freezer from the inside. He waited the 25 minutes, figuring if they were going to come back in, they would have been in there by then. So we get out, the one guy goes to the phone and the rest of us run outside and hide behind the dumpster until the cops came. I felt bad for the manager because they stole his car and license and told him if they got caught, they knew where he and his family lived.

I couldn't go out to eat past dark for about a year. And I worked at a fellow restuarant, and anytime I had the night shift I was petrified. Coincidentally (sp), my own restuarant was robbed about 2 months later, thankfully on a night I wasn't working. They beat my boss with a gun, and then tied him, a waitress and 2 kitchen staff up.

Both times no one was killed luckily.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM

160 posts, read 432,972 times
I lived in a beautiful home on a lake 6 months ago. We had lived there for ten years. We have a beautiful 18 year old daughter, who was A.S.B. president elect of her high school, Rachael Scott nominee, homecoming princess, tons and tons of friends, another daughter who was V.P. of her Junior High School, nominated as top 4 scholar and top 4 athlete at her 8th grade graduation. We were somebody in our community. It was home. I loved my home. I have always been the stay at home mom, a real soccer mom, I loved it. I was also the care taker of many sick family members through out the years. My husbands work kept him away from the family for approx. 1/3 of the month. He came to me last year and looked me in the eye and said that ''I need my family'. I want the family to move away from the home my kids have always known. I cried and cried and cried because my decision was to stand behind my husband and take my beautiful daughters away there senior and freshman year. We sold our beautiful home to move to the dessert. The fist day of arriving my husband exploded in anger. I was so confused, we were here for you. My kids do not fit in school. My beautiful senior ate lunch alone for the first 2 months she was here. At the semester she went back home to graduate with her class. My wonderful freshman daughter has tons of friends...at school. We moved into an area with a huge Mormon population (It never occurred to me to think of the religious background, we weren't moving to Utah) So this means that although she has a nice group at school to hangout with there has not been one invitation outside of school to attend a game, movie etc. Although not all Mormons are exclusive among there religion, her group appear to be. In the middle of all this my husband has been exploding in anger over a dirty dish or a T.V. show he didn't get to view. We have been to a counselor for over 2 months. Seemed to help until he started storming out of counseling sessions and yet again had bouts of anger at home. Our counselor thinks that there is a great chance that he has ADD., maybe. However at this point in my life, I am in the process of a divorce, my oldest daughter doesn't live with me anymore, my youngest beautiful blond daughter with the world at her fingertips 6 months ago, has dyed her hair dark brown, has no teenage social life, and will be moving into a rental with me in a town where we don't know 1 person. I appreciate this outlet to vent. This is the scariest time of my life, and it just doesn't seem to end.

P.S.
I just received a call from my ex and
said he needs a month to figure out why he
hates himself!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:44 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
Wow...he sounds messed up. Maybe you should move back to where you were?

Old 02-21-2007, 04:53 PM

I would love to move back to where we came from, but I'm afraid that the housing prices are so high I couldn't maintain a morgage payment and also go back to school. I have been out of the work place for 15 years.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:18 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,990,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.wilson View Post
I would love to move back to where we came from, but I'm afraid that the housing prices are so high I couldn't maintain a morgage payment and also go back to school. I have been out of the work place for 15 years.
When someone has personality changes like your husband appears to have had, changes that include sudden outbursts of anger, etc., there may be a reason outside the help of a psychiatrist or counselor. I wonder if there's a medical issue arising with him that is causing it? He may need a thorough check up including a brain scan to rule out any kind of interference from any sources (tumors for example) in his brain that may be exerting pressure on critical points, etc.
I think he needs a complete medical examination by a medical expert who is warned that he's undergone personality changes and is having sudden outbreaks of unprovoked rage. It could be medical.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
I am really glad you posted that, I was thinking the same thing, but you are the Grand Poobah type on here, and I am a nobody-ask anybody. When you talk, people pay attention!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM

He does have sleep apnea and uses a mask at night. He kind of freaked out like this years ago before going through a sleep study and prescribed a c-pat(is that what they are called?) machine. Maybe there is a connection. He has had times of rage over the years , but since the move, the rage is way more frequent and come from nowhere, like he is looking for something to be mad at.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:58 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,797,117 times
It wasn't "scary" like everything everyone else is saying.. but the most tramatic thing that has happened to me was when my boyfriend OD'ed and died when I was 16.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM

47 posts, read 95,494 times
poprocksncoke,

That is VERY scary! Trauma is frightening. My post was more of a trauma too - being abandoned by mother - so I think that your post is just fine.

I'm very sorry that that happened to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics