Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:36 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,926,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Ok, thanks for that! LOL! Good way to end the night-- maybe the Rapture will be tonight! See you there!
OK- I'll bite. What is the Rapture?

Do I need to Google it or will you pls. explain it to me?

Is this when the Mother Ship finally comes back to pick us up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,564,223 times
Scariest thing ever was staring down the business end of a gun, makes a barrel look really big.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 PM

23,052 posts, read 34,575,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

The Rapture is when Jesus takes all the Christians to heaven and the only people left on earth are the unsafed. You can read about it in the Book of Revelation in the Bible.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 PM

47 posts, read 95,669 times
Quote:

If by the 'Mother Ship' you mean Jesus Christ, then pretty much!

The rapture is when Christ basically comes back for his followers and only non-believers are left on earth. There is actually a lot of controversy about this topic, because of different theories of how and when the Rapture will occur. (And I've heard of some Christians who don't believe in it all.) If you've ever heard of the 'Left Behind' series of books, they deal with one interpretation of the Rapture. (Great books, by the way, regardless of which side of the Rapture debate you fall on.)

Hope this info. helps!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:37 PM

47 posts, read 95,669 times
Oh yeah, scariest thing. I got so distracted with the Rapture talk!

Being abandoned by my mother and not sure what would happen to me. Wow, that's depressing. I'd rather talk about the Rapture!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:39 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,114,596 times
Quote:

Good morning! Well, just ditto what ILNC & WriterGirl had to say...also there was quite a discussion on this subject a few days ago. Do a search on either this forum or the Politics & Other Controversies and you'll get a chance to read some beliefs.

Some of us are Premillennialists, some mid and some think our belief is a misinterpretation altogether. And you'll not find the word "Rapture" in the Bible...but means to be "caught up" in the air when Christ comes for the saved who are still alive. Our belief in the Rapture comes from 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 and there are references to this in the Book of Revelation.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,304,016 times
I had a mannequin and my friends and I named her Betty. She was in my living room and it was New Year's eve the night before, so, of course, she had a martini glass in her hand. Some guy in a security guard outfit came pounding on my door, yelling that he was the police and was there to see his wife. I yelled through the door that his wife was not there. He wouldn't stop and I called the police.

He had left by the time they arrived, but they discovered that he had placed wax in my lock- and they found him down the street and he told them that he saw her through the window standing there with a glass in her hand. When asked about the wax, he said that he was making a mold so that he could make a key.

When the police told me this, I said, "That guy must be crazy!" Afterwards I laughed- I have a full size mannequin in my living room and I am saying that he was crazy!

It was terrifying, though, as my husband was at work and I was alone with my son. Made me realize how vulnerable I was.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,733,099 times
Miscarriage. Nothing in my life to date has topped that experience.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM

364 posts, read 532,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I had a mannequin and my friends and I named her Betty. She was in my living room and it was New Year's eve the night before, so, of course, she had a martini glass in her hand. Some guy in a security guard outfit came pounding on my door, yelling that he was the police and was there to see his wife. I yelled through the door that his wife was not there. He wouldn't stop and I called the police.

He had left by the time they arrived, but they discovered that he had placed wax in my lock- and they found him down the street and he told them that he saw her through the window standing there with a glass in her hand. When asked about the wax, he said that he was making a mold so that he could make a key.

When the police told me this, I said, "That guy must be crazy!" Afterwards I laughed- I have a full size mannequin in my living room and I am saying that he was crazy!

It was terrifying, though, as my husband was at work and I was alone with my son. Made me realize how vulnerable I was.
That is really, really funny! But how scary that he was trying to make a key. I had kind of a similar type break in situaiton. A couple years ago the first night in my new house a guy was pounding on my door. It was late and I assumed he was welcoming me to the hood' or something. I didn't get it. Then I realized he was trying to pick the lock. He got angrier and called the cops. He told them he was trying to get to the house next door, his supposed daughters house and that he had surgery the day before and couldn't remember anything. Down the road I met the father of the woman next door and it was not him. There are all types of crazys out there and are capabale of anything anytime.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,515,164 times
The scariest thing that ever happened to me was an incident that I wrote about for a college paper, for my creative writing class. I thought it was a good story, but I think a little too long for me to copy and paste it in here, though I wouldn't mind anyone reading it

Long story short: I got held up, along with my fiance and our co-workers, at a restuarant by a bunch of people holding shotguns. I got prodded in the back with the gun, hit on the head with one, called the B-word (no, they didn't know me), and got thrown into a cramped freezer with everyone else, hoping that we weren't going to die. We also were robbed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics