Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 PM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Now you can unplug the modular cord on a phone and put the scotch tape over the contacts,,,,, works very well. Thanks motormaker for reminding me about this one.
Ya, we did that too. Also taped down the buttons? in the cradle that hung up the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,446,142 times
'Back in the day,' my husband's father put a pair of sexy ladies' panties in a fellow's lunch box at the end of the day. According to the family's story, it was a wonder the couple survived that one, his wife was so jealous.

I worked with a fellow who was so much fun. He was always up to something. He came down to my classroom one afternoon, opened the door, and left one of the janitor's large brooms leaning against the wall, saying to me, across a room full of HS students, "You needed a ride home? Try this."

When he was out for a semester for surgery, the day he was due back, we got a copy of his ID from the Tech Guy on campus, hung it around the neck of the full-size skeleton we borrowed from the anatomy teacher, and sat it in the chair behind his desk.

Another time, he walked into my classroom, just ahead of the bell, and started rifling through my desk drawers -- very conspicuously. When I walked in, the class was settled, the room was quiet, and I asked him what was the matter, what was he looking for -- and he turned to the kids and said, "Oh, but she's impossible if she hasn't had her meds. They're here somewhere."

For Halloween one year, we ran 8x10 color copies of the Principal's photo and pasted them onto tag board to make masks for the faculty. Good thing he was a good sport.

Some time later, we had an accreditation committee, national level, in the building for several days. The Media Committee had the task of putting our names on nice name tags for us to wear, and I asked them to change mine from my nickname to my formal name, if it was no trouble -- that I only used the shortened form of my given name with my friends, not professionally. The Librarian later showed up at my door with a tag that read Smart Ass, English Department. After we had a good laugh, she handed me the real, re-done one.

"You think you got me, don't you?," I asked her. "Well, I am going to wear this one, with Smart Ass on it, and wait for someone to point it out to me, and then I'll have you. . . oh, my! But just look at what Ms. So-and-So did!"

Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Had fun puttin scotch tape on the inside of the phone mouth piece (the kind you could unscrew) then call the phone and watch them try and answer your questions. A few days later, reverse the procedd and put it in the ear piece.
LOL.. I guess us pranksters will have to keep up with technology!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker
And oh how much fun we had when Super Glue came on the market.
I don't know if you heard about this guy who's suing Home Depot because somebody played a prank by putting some very strong glue on the toilet seat. The guy answered nature's call, and ended up stuck on the seat and had to call for help! The very first time I heard about it was watching one of Larry The Cable Guy's DVDs.. I thought that was just a story he made up for his comedy routine, but later I found out that such an incident did really happen, and they had to remove the seat from the toilet to take this guy to the hospital to detach the seat from him!

That's gotta be one of the most embarrassing situations anybody could go through, but he really should not be suing Home Depot, they had nothing to do with the prank, besides, I'm sure he would have felt there was something on the seat, unless the glue was something invisible and could not be felt.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,565 times
Back before we were married, dh and I were co-workers. Poor guy was an easy target! One time, my #1 crony got some friends to tape a few messages on a mini-recorder. There was lots of lead time before the first message, and plenty of dead space between messages. I got to work extra early and taped the recorder to the back side of dh's desk, out of sight. When he left his desk to "run down the hall" , I slipped over and hit the play button. A little while after dh returned to his desk, he started hearing voices. He looked around and couldn't find the source, so he went back to work. After a little bit, the voice would return. Whenever he glanced my way, I made sure I was busily working and had a look of concentration on my face. I think he found the recorder after the third message.

Another time, the same crony sent three of her very attractive co-workers over to dh's office. He had never met them before. I didn't know this prank was getting pulled, but I spotted the four of them walking across the parking lot, so I made myself scarce. My crony and I hid out in a nearby office while her three friends walked straight up to my dh and started fawning all over him. One cuddled in his lap and started playing with his hair and whispering sweet nothings. Another perched herself on the corner of his desk, legs crossed, and attempted to engage him in conversation. I think the third one sat at his feet with her head on his knee, gazing lovingly up at him. After about five minutes, the three lovely ladies left after bestowing loving caresses and gentle kisses. Since I was conspicuously absent, dh found it hard to believe I didn't have a part in this one!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
On a side note, the guy that was stuck to the toilet seat at Home Depot, now shops at Lowes!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
A group of friends and myself were hanging out one day in Sault Ste. Marie, MI and noticed this car with out of state plates on it and a guy with a hunting vest on driving around town. He went by about 3 or 4 times before stopping and asking if any of us were deer hunters. We all were and told him we were. He admitted to never having hunted before, but was going to go out a get a deer the next morning and wanted to know if any of us could give him direction to a good spot. WELL... let me tell you I gave him direction to a spot all right, about 40 miles of crappy back dirt roads to a field right next to a very busy state road about 3 miles out of town (sure it was shorter to just drive out the 3 miles, but what fun would that have been.) Told him where to find a stump to sit on (about 10 feet from the roadway) and that he had to be there about 2 hours before the deer woke up at sunup so they wouldn't notice him and that there were always deer in the field. (NEVER seen one there in many years of driving past that field.) We were all sitting around the next evening laughing about the wild goose chase I sent this poor out-of-state city guy on and wondering if he actually went out there, when up pulls the guy with the biggest deer I have seen to this day strapped to his car and a huge grin, wanted to thank me for giving up a great spot. Said he got the monster buck about half an hour after sunup sitting right on the stump I told him to be on. To this day I have to laugh. Tried to make a fool out of somebody and it turned on me big time. Hunting gods have been pissed off at me for many years because of it as well. I haven't got another deer myself sense then, which is way too many years.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 AM

347 posts, read 1,357,385 times
Another time in the office, they were trialling the use of a RealPopUp messenger system to avoid sending too many emails.
There was this guy who never locked his computer if he went away from his desk, so I went over and set his volume to high and set a donkey "hee haw" sound for his popup alert.
The next time he got a message, there was a loud "hee haw".
Most of the people didnt use the messenger system, so we got messages only from the HR about once a day, and he couldnt figure out where the "hee haw" is coming from

Old 07-11-2008, 02:59 PM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Bydand,
That sounds like the time a co-worker from our IL plant was in CA with his family. They wanted to go to Catalina Island and wanted to know where to catch the ferry. So, we suggested he take the new tunnel and save a few $$. Needless to say he was upset on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics