Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,860,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OK, I stand corrected. Actually, I'm sitting.
LOL.. nothing wrong with sitting corrected either, I hear it's good for your back!

In my late teens and early twenties, we played another joke on people in the late 1970's. I mentioned this before and I'll mention it again.

We mixed up a whole bunch of vegetables, food, water or milk, and other stuff, and put the mix in a blender to make the end product look as gross as possible. We then put the mix in ziplock plastic bags. On Friday and Saturday nights, just about every high school and college kid used to cruise "Central". We were 4 buddies, and one of us would volunteer to do the prank, he'd hide the ziplock bag with the mix under his shirt. We'd all walk into restaurants, like McDonalds, Bob's Big Boy, and others, that were usually crowded on Friday and Saturday nights. The guy with the bag would pretend he wasn't feeling good, and sometimes he'd stand infront people who were usually eating, and pretend he was about to throw up. He'd cough, bend over and release the stuff inside the plastic bag on the floor, and it really looked like he was throwing up chunks! All of us did a very good job with this prank, I think movie companies would have probably hired us for stunts like this! Of course a lot of people got so grossed out, some would leave with their food still on the table. Then we'd run out of the restaurant before the manager or the person in charge came over to see what the commotion was about!

One time a manager did catch on to our prank, so he asked us to clean up the mess, and told us that he was going to call the police and have us arrested if he saw us in there again.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 07-07-2008 at 11:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
. . .but if it makes you feel any better, I'll walk down to the principle's office!
The principal didn't want to see me anywhere near his office because he knew a friend and I were adept at infiltrating the admin office and pulling pranks! Come to think of it, we pulled the love note prank, too. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 AM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
And how many of us used to play phone pranks, back in the day. Before caller ID, before *69, before even message recorders, heck, before even touch tone phones, everything was still rotary dial...
To this day, my friend Jo and I still wonder just how many divorces we may have caused, lol!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,042,585 times
The simplest pranks are sometimes the best:

In the office, put a sign on the wall that says "DRY PAINT". Be amazed how many people come over to touch it to see that the paint is really dry ... and enjoy their looks of confusion.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:27 AM

Im gonna try that at work tonight!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:29 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,454 times
The day after Christmas I changed one of the signs at the recycling dumpster to Fruit Cake, two days later I went back and noticed a few in that bin...lol

Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
The principal didn't want to see me anywhere near his office because he knew a friend and I were adept at infiltrating the admin office and pulling pranks! Come to think of it, we pulled the love note prank, too. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it.
LOL.. Oh my goodness, did you also go to Washington High School in Phoenix, and graduate in 1975?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
The simplest pranks are sometimes the best:

In the office, put a sign on the wall that says "DRY PAINT". Be amazed how many people come over to touch it to see that the paint is really dry ... and enjoy their looks of confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Im gonna try that at work tonight!
LOL... To confuse matters even more, you might also put that sign on a block wall with no paint on it, or maybe put another sign that says "DRYWALL" on a block wall, or "DRY STUCCO" on a stucco wall! That should make people stand there and wonder!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 AM

I already trick some of the people I work with, like, maybe, when one is up on top of a ladder getting something down, I'll say 'watch out, you dropped your zipper!'....and he actually looks!!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. Oh my goodness, did you also go to Washington High School in Phoenix, and graduate in 1975?
Never had the pleasure of visiting Phoenix, but my school was named after a president. I'm a couple years your junior, too.

Funny thing, though. I don't remember half of what I used to do. Several years ago, I was reunited with a couple of my old cronies. My dh and dd were rolling of the floor, laughing about all the shenanigans I used to get up to. I couldn't believe how much was dredged up; I was like ", I can't believe you guys remember all this!" Dh wasn't too surprised, because he had been the recipient of plenty of my pranks, but dd was beginning to wonder about her dear, sweet mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics