Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

201 posts, read 112,669 times

Advertisements

When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind.
The Wizard of Oz
Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it?
I have no idea what that is.
If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna?
Cheddar and onion
How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
One
Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they?
No
How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp?
Probably a couple
How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon?
Possibly somewhere inbetween the two.
What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig?
Bear, definitely (though extremely unlikely in Oldham).
Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?
No. Never appealed to me.
Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with?
On a couple of cases. I can't remember what they were now (nothing major). I do remember that the police officer giving evidence in the first case made a real mess of his evidence, so we had no choice but to find the scrote not guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

18,287 posts, read 26,043,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? yes and yes

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? sharp cheddar

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?two every ten days, in winter just one a week.

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? no, and I will get involved with the community a bit more

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? one in jeep, one in truck, 2 in the house

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? I do ok!

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? bear without a doubt

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?no, I could never understand why a person walks around like a walking billboard when they are fully tatted

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? been called, both cases were dismissed

Thanks E-twist!

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

1,082 posts, read 594,939 times
Wheat.
Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it?
Yes. Yes.
If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna?
Ham, salami, green onions, american cheese, feta cheese.
How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
5 for the household.
Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they?
No.
How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp?
1. No.
I dont get lost easily. I think it comes from many years as a hiker and mountain biker.
What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig?
That's a tough one. The boar is more likely to be aggressive and attack but, assuming it's not just a little black bear, the bear is more able to run you down and over power you.
Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?
No.
Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with?
No.

Old Today, 11:18 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,005 posts, read 82,178,055 times
[quote=E-Twist;66857616]When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind. Wizard of Oz, dry flat land.

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? Yes, and yes, we always have some but usually just use it for mac and cheese, along with 3-4 kinds of real cheese.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? Several different kinds at time, mostly cheddar, though, and no other ingredients.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I do none, my wife does about 4. Turning her whites pink years ago ended my washer privileges.

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? Not any more, used to be in youth sports and local school related organizations.

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? I would guess about 12, and yes.

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? I used to be good at it but have since become addicted to the GPS in our vehicles.

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? Bear

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you? No, none.

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? I was called about 4-5 times and sat on two, a murder by baseball bat in a drug deal gone wrong in Oakland, CA and "attempting to allude" in Kent, WA. The murder lasted only a day before the defendant did a plea bargain and we were dismissed. The alluding lasted two days, then we agreed he was guilty after a 20 minute deliberation.

Old Today, 04:21 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,899,874 times
world's largest ball of sisal twine

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? yes - Nooo

cheddar - onions sometimes

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? 2-3

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? Does Costco count?

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? 6-7, none on the head

somewhere in between

met black bears hiking, no big deal - wild pigs are nasty

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you? No

Twice - one was embezzlement criminal trial one was civil suit for damages from flooding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics