Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM

9,809 posts, read 14,391,550 times

Advertisements

When you think of Kansas, what are the first things that come to mind.
Wizard of Oz

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? NoWill you still eat it? No. There are many other choices.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Sargento, Sharp Cheddar, 2nd choice is deli sliced, unless the lines are long.

Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? No

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? Usually, about 3

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? I only belong to one, and it's a professional one, in my line of work. We earn continuing education credits towards our license renewals, and the club is good for net working. I tried a lady's political organization a little over a year ago, and hated it. They were a bunch of "clicky" busy bodies, so I quit after 3 months.

If so, what are they? See above.

How many flashlights do you own? OneDo you have a headlamp? No

How is your sense of direction? Good, in my home State. Otherwise, I travel with a GPS Lady. She's not very friendly, though.
Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? See above

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? Both, scary for me

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? NoIf so, of what? Do they have any special meeting (meaning) for you? N/A

Have you ever had jury duty? YesIf so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? It was a good experience. What was the defendant charged with? Theft.

thanks for the Q of the D!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM

27,487 posts, read 27,509,771 times

Kansas, brings back memories of driving down that long stretch of the 54, two lane roads and people going so slow, below the speed limits, and every chance that came up to pass them, another car yonder coming the opposite direction dampened that idea because in a semi truck, you need lots and lots of clearance.

Grilled cheese...I only buy the deli sliced american, never that pre wrapped plastic garbage.
In this house, laundry is always going. My laundry....I do maybe 3 loads a week because Im a firm believer in separating loads.
We have several flashlights, from small to the big mag lights.
Have a great Sunday everyone~~

Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

50,604 posts, read 64,651,646 times
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind. Tornadoes, and miles of flat landscape.

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? Yes and yes.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? Usually some white American for meltiness, and a few other kinds depending on what I have. I sometimes add dill pickles or a slice of tomato.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? About 2

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? Master Gardeners and Newcomers Club.

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? I don’t own any, but hubby has many including a headlamp.

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? I’m not very good. Very dependent on the gps.

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? A bear.

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you? Don’t have any.

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? I was never chosen.

Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM

30,863 posts, read 16,482,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind.

flatness and the band

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it?

no and no

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna?

never make them.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
usually only 1

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they?

nope

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp?

2 and no headlamp

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon?

ummm well I can usually tell up from down. Does that count?

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig?

the pig.

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?
no. I don't find body mutilation desirable

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with?
once-insurance fraud. Not fun. I don't like judging people and have a severe distrust of lawyers.

thanks, ETwist

Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM

7,435 posts, read 5,540,546 times
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind. Wizard of Oz.

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? No. Will you still eat it? No.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? Regular Kraft cheese. I’ve added bacon sometimes.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? Two

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? YMCA.

How many flashlights do you own? Three. Do you have a headlamp? No

How is your sense of direction? Not good. Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? Easily lost.

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? Bear

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? No . If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? No, luckily my number didn’t get called. I had to go once but everyone got dismissed.

Thank you!

Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM

3,303 posts, read 1,121,937 times
Good morning.

A friend of mine who was born there.
I don't know what that is.
If you make a grilled cheese sandwich...
I don't.
One or two, it depends.
Not anymore.
How many flashlights do you own? One or two. Do you have a headlamp?No.
Both. I get easily lost but I always find my way back, I figure it out fast or/and I ask for help from strangers. Most people are eager to help.
What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig?
Do you have a tattoo or tattoos?
No.
Have you ever had jury duty?
Never.

Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM

126,465 posts, read 19,245,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind.......

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? ........Never tried it and wouldn't want to

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? .........Swiss cheese or smoked Gouda cheese
Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? .......Sometimes I add sliced tomatoes or pineapple slices

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?..... Between 2 to 4 loads a week pending

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations?.....Yes If so, what are they? ......Martial Art club,cycling club and used to be in an alpine ski club,soccer and field hockey club as well in a few choirs

How many flashlights do you own? ....A few
Do you have a headlamp? ........No

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? ...........Put me in a big city I easily get lost without help.Put me out in Nature and I feel at home

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? .......A wild pig

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?........I have no tattoos

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with?..............Never had jury duty yet

Thank you E-Twist

Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM

5,641 posts, read 6,604,681 times
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind. "We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy". Wizard of Oz and BTK.

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? As a child, yes. I will buy and combine with Rotelli for dip. I don't buy for anything else but will still eat it if it is there. It has a flavor and texture that is unforgettable.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? Kraft Deluxe American Slices. Real cheese. Not "cheese food", which is what the individually wrapped slices are. I am a simple person who does not usually add extras to food that others do. I like to taste the food, not the condiments or add-ons that have a taste of their own that take over another food item. Bacon, for example.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? I do a medium load of clothes, a small load of darks and, when there is enough, a small load of whites. Once a week/every 10 days when I get down to a couple pairs of underpants.

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? Yes. My church, my community Bunco group, my community Rummikube group, the general community Mexican Train group. That keeps me busy enough.

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? Two flashlights, one clip on headlamp to the cap bill, which was my husbands.

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? I'm pretty good at directions.

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? My community is currently having a biiiig issue with wild hogs to the point I don't want to walk the trails. They are ugly and scary and dangerous. So, the pig.

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you? No.

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? Yes. I was the only female on it, and the males allowed me to be the "spokesperson". It was a civil case and we found the defendant "Guilty as charged". Been called a couple other times but never got chosen.

Thanks for the fun, interesting questions.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM

1,894 posts, read 867,163 times
When you think of kansas, what are the first things that come to mind. Flat

Did you eat Velveeta as a child? Will you still eat it? Never had it never will.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna? Not a fan of melted cheese.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week? 2-3 (it's a small washing machine).

Do you belong to any clubs or organizations? If so, what are they? None, but I help out at quite a few.

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp? Threeish and two headlamps.

How is your sense of direction? Easily lost or are you like a homing pigeon? Always tell people that I like getting lost in the woods, but I've never gotten lost. I do seem to lose my sense on N more often now.

What do you think would be scarier to run into unexpectedly, a bear or a wild pig? Bear. Ran into wild boar/pigs a few times. Even in a group they scare easy.

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you? Nope. Have a thing about needles. I do enjoy looking at them though.

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with? No, Got the letters back to back to back when I was around 19 but wasn't able to go. Haven't been picked since. Really wish they would send one around my way.

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

24,670 posts, read 26,233,822 times
Flat, KC Chiefs and Royals. Agriculture, Ford factory, Friend lived there.

Yes and I would.

If you make a grilled cheese sandwich, what kind of cheese do you use? Do you add other ingredients such as onions or tuna?
Whatever is handy, maybe bacon added.

3-4

Currently none, in the past The Society of Manufacturing Engineering, Freedoms Foundation

How many flashlights do you own? Do you have a headlamp?
At least 10, no headlamp.

It's good.

Bear

Do you have a tattoo or tattoos? If so, of what? Do they have any special meeting for you?
No tats.

Have you ever had jury duty? If so, was there anything particularly interesting about it? What was the defendant charged with?
Been on panels, now permanently excused when I/we caught the jury commission not bring truthful.

Thanx E-Twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics