Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 04:39 AM

9,786 posts, read 14,360,174 times

Advertisements

I'm getting an early start posting because I am afraid I might otherwise forget.

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently?
Sad question for me. I met my one and only boyfriend when I was 14 yrs. old. We dated, we married when I was 19, and we were married for 63 years before he passed 2 years ago. I feel like half of me, is gone. But, I'm so thankful that I'm busy, as an independent contractor working with Veterans.

What would you say is your biggest vice? Gatorade!...either fruit punch flavor or orange.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Either one

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Strawberries Do you like it as jam? Not much. I'll be picking my own strawberries at our neighboring fruit farm, soon.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? Neither one at this stage in my life. My parents had a chicken farm, and I still remember my awful job. Every morning, I had to enter the chicken houses with a big bucket and collect dead chickens which smothered from either the heat, or from sickness.

What do you think of your neighbors? In the 44 yrs. I've been in this house, I've had wonderful neighbors.....that is...until the ones moved in next door. They're horrible people and nothing but trouble.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? No interest in that...I have bigger fish to fry!

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? ?

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? Neither. I don't like flying.

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? Slip on. In my work I enter peoples' homes daily. I'm very respectful and always ask do I need to take my shoes off. I carry "footies" if I need them. I always take my shoes off if I notice that the homeowners have many pairs of shoes at their entrance (because of their nationality). However, if the homeowners have dogs and/or cats, I never take my shoes off. What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? Mostly Carters shoes.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? Politics

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. Thanks, E-Twist!

Last edited by rdlr; 06-09-2024 at 05:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2024, 07:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 5,528,284 times
I'm getting an early start posting because I am afraid I might otherwise forget.

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? No. Do you know anything about their life currently? No

What would you say is your biggest vice? Pizza. Soft caramels.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Lamps

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Raspberries . Do you like it as jam? Yes

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? Parrot.

What do you think of your neighbors? They are fine. Everyone is quiet and minds their own business.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? Live in London. Book would be a drama.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? Cicadas. Probably not.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? Neither

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? I have a pair of slip on Vans that I like. Also have a pair of Under Armour lace ups that I wear the most.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? Corn.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday.
Thank you!

Old 06-09-2024, 08:22 AM

50,528 posts, read 64,501,118 times

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? I’m a FB friend with a high school friend. Unfortunately, 3 of my closest high school friends died young.

What would you say is your biggest vice? Not sure if I’m selfish, or just protective of my time, and not even sure if that’s a vice.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Lamps.

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam? I like current jelly. It’s a bit tart.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? A chicken. Parrots live too long.

What do you think of your neighbors? They are all mostly nice retired people, like we are. They keep to themselves, for the most part. I wish there was more socializing. My husband would say the new guy next door doesn’t keep up the lawn very well.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? If you mean I could live anywhere at no expense, I guess I’d live in a house on the ocean. I have had a book going for years, so I’d just revisit it and finish it.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? cicadas? No bugs for me.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? A plane

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? Slip on. Sketchers or Orthofeet.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? County fair. Farming.

Old 06-09-2024, 08:27 AM

126,439 posts, read 19,205,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? ......I am still in good contact with a few school friends

What would you say is your biggest vice?......

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps?......Lamps

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam?...
..I like all berries fresh, homemade juice,jams and compote

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken?.....Chickens

What do you think of your neighbors?......We are so fortunate to have good neighbors on either side down the country road

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write?............I would live in the Canadian Rocky Mountain wilderness and write about the wildlife with added photography

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one?......No bugs or insects

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider?........... Hangglider

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? .....With lace
What, if any, is your favorite style and brand?.......Hiking boots or walking shoes from Wind River,dress shoes from Europe

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa?........

Thank you E-Twist

Old 06-09-2024, 10:12 AM

35,476 posts, read 17,391,002 times
I'm getting an early start posting because I am afraid I might otherwise forget. Thanks for all you are doing.

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? The closest that I can come to this is the first girl that I was interested in during the summer of 1972. I was 15 years old and she was just about 13. She was very mature for age. On two occasions we were both walking around camp singing in the same songs coincidentally, Joe Mitchell's Circle Game and Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven. For a while we talked quite a bit. Then we selected the same offsite trip, to Quintes Island, Ontario, Canada. We rode in the back of a truck and I was constantly swatting flies. Being a vegan, she was disgusted with this. I do know something about what she's doing. She has a bohemian lifestyle and lives in Vermont. Very different from mine. I know that she divorced once. She would not have been for me long term but it was fun while it lasted

What would you say is your biggest vice? Staying too late at the office.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Overhead lighting.

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam? Blueberries and yes I prefer strawberries as jam as opposed to the actual fruit.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? Parrot but really neither. I prefer mammals

What do you think of your neighbors? I live in a townhouse development. Both side neighbors are great.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? Alaska or northern Canada. I would write a book about the interaction of wolves and caribou, and wolves and men.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? Yes though I' Jewish but not kosher. Another poster asked me about that and I just tell them that I am not that religious.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? A plane, but not really either.

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? Slip on . What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? Bass topsiders

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? Corn and Mississippi River.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. Great questions, and frustrating trying to type on a train.

Old 06-09-2024, 10:19 AM

100,172 posts, read 4,517,003 times

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? I think of old friends from those years, but I have no contact with them, or even know if they are still living.

What would you say is your biggest vice? Procrastination.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Lamps all the way.

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam? Blueberries are my favorite.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? Neither.

What do you think of your neighbors? Don't really know them. I live in a downtown apartment building.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? A mountain cabin in the Rockies. Hopefully, a book idea will come to me while I'm there!

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? I'll try one.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? A hang glider.

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? I like both types, depending on what activity I'm engaged in.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? Corn, big storms and weather changes, Burger Fiend and Brewhemia, both in Cedar Rapids,

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 06-09-2024, 10:32 AM

24,621 posts, read 26,187,838 times

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life
currently?
Yes, in fact I married her 65 years years ago.

What would you say is your biggest vice?
It's always procrastionation.

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps?
Either works for me.

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam?
Strawberry is my favorite and jam or preserves are top notch.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken?
Had both, now neither.

What do you think of your neighbors?
Neighbors on both sides are great.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write?
Live in Mexican Hat, UT and write about the Moki Dugway.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one?
That is a big bug MAYBE.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider?
Sign me up for all 3.

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand?
Lace up for me, my Sketchers are both slip on and lace. New Balance for Athletic shoes.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa?
[b]Right now it's Ms Catlin Clark, followed by farming and politics.

ThanxE Twist. Very cool Q's.

Old 06-09-2024, 04:29 PM

4,719 posts, read 3,295,276 times

Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? …………….Yes, he’s my husband! I keep track of him.

What would you say is your biggest vice?………………..Lack of patience for stupidity!

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps?………..Lamps for coziness and overhead for working.

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam?…………..Fresh strawberries are my favorite. I don’t care for jam.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken?………….A chicken, maybe I’ll get fresh eggs.

What do you think of your neighbors?………..They’re good. Most of them are relatives.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write?……………..I’ll live Oceanside and I’ll write a romance novel.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one?……….I’d at least taste one.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider?…………Helicopter, because I could land more places.

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand?……………Slip ons! I love Sketchers Go Walk shoes.

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa?……………..Acres upon acres of corn.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday……….Thank you!

Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,904 posts, read 81,963,797 times
Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today? Do you know anything about their life currently? No, none of my teenage dates were memorable.

What would you say is your biggest vice? Eating foods that are bad for me

Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps? Overhead

It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam. What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam? Huckleberry, though jam is hard to find, last got some at Cabella's.

Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken? Parrot

What do you think of your neighbors? Most are great, friendly and helpful, just one is rather annoying and stand-offish.

You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write? I would live in a secluded cabin on a big lake such as Lake Crescent near Port Angeles WA, and write about my adventures fishing.

I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one? I did once - frog legs.

Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider? Helicopter

Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand? Lace up

What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa? Corn and plains.

Old Today, 08:29 AM
bjh

60,355 posts, read 30,566,432 times
I know the feeling.
Did you have a teenage BF/GF that you still think fondly of today?
Do you know anything about their life currently?
Yes. Just the usual. Marriage, kids, etc.
What would you say is your biggest vice?
Sugar
Do you prefer overhead lighting or lamps?
Leaning towards lamps.
It's strawberry season here. I love fresh from the field strawberries. I don't care for them as jam.
What is your favorite berry? Do you like it as jam?
Blue. Also, straw, cran, black. I like strawberry jam.
Would you rather own a parrot or a chicken?
Neither. Chicken if I had to.
What do you think of your neighbors?
I like them. It's mutual.
You are magically being given the time and money to write a book. You can live anywhere for up to two years while you write. Where will you live and what genre of book will you write?
Beach. Just to have two years next to a beach. I'll write non-fiction, historical.
I hear they taste like shrimp. If someone prepares them in garlic and butter will you eat one?
Nope
Would you rather learn to fly a helicopter or a plane or a hang glider?
Chopper
Do you prefer shoes that slip on or lace up? What, if any, is your favorite style and brand?
I slip on laced shoes. Favorite is what's comfortable and a reasonable cost and durability.
What are the first things that come to mind when you think of Iowa?
Corn, hogs, acres of farms.

Thanks, e-twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics