Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 03:07 PM

21,743 posts, read 8,880,895 times

Advertisements

....I mean, with the bad going on in the world right now, can you still relax and have no anxiety? I just can't. It sucks.
I'm with you on that one. We live in scary times.
~ Do you like white socks?
No. They remind me too much of high school gym class, which I hated.
~ What was good to eat during this past week?
Lemon panna cotta.
~ The school lunch: your favorite things:
Sloppy Joes
Spaghetti
Tuna casserole
Welsh rarebit
Fish sticks
~ Have you sat outside lately? What did you do?
No, it's been too chilly and windy here for sitting outside.
~ Can you play 'pool' well enough to have fun playing it?
I'm not very good, but I still have fun.
~ Who was "Lambchop's" side kick?
Shari Lewis.
~ Words beginning with S Q U..........:
Squabble
Square
Squash
Squirrel
Squamous
Squire
Squat
Squish
~ Have you ever lived on a street corner?
One apartment building I lived in was on a corner. Otherwise, no.

Thanks, Roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 03:44 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,149,105 times
...I mean, with the bad going on in the world right now, can you still relax and have no anxiety? I just can't. It sucks.
Yes, I can. I knit, read and meditate daily. I also stopped watching the news in January last year so...But I know what is going on.
They are OK. I don't wear them.
Turkey sausages; a light cottage cheese pie with raisins home made for Easter (Orthodox ... Christor Anesti!).
An apple/pear and an egg sandwich prepared by my grandmother.
Yes, early this morning. On the balcony. I knitted, fed my squirrel and the birds, enjoying the silence.
Yes.
No idea.
Squat, squirrel etc.
Yes.
**** I wish us all peace on earth! **** Thank you...

Peace back to you all ... and everywhere.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:41 PM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
....I mean, with the bad going on in the world right now, can you still relax and have no anxiety? I just can't. It sucks. I'm pretty anxious about the world these days. I find it difficult to relax and put some problems behind me, even for a short while.

~ Do you like white socks? Nope. I like socks with fun designs on them and I have quite a collection of them in all sorts of colors. Today I'm wearing black socks with white kitties on them.

~ What was good to eat during this past week? Steak fajitas on Wednesday evening, along with a margarita, of course.

~ The school lunch: your favorite things: In elementary and junior high school, I had lunch at home because both schools were only two blocks from my home. High school was about a mile away, so I stayed in for lunch there. I recall the food being pretty bad, and I almost always carried my own lunch that Mom made. I remember that the one thing I looked forward to on the school lunch menu was pizza.

~ Have you sat outside lately? Yes. Just today! What did you do? A friend of mine retired from her job (at age 69) yesterday, and several of our friends took her out for lunch and shopping in a nearby small town. It was our first warm day in a while, and after lunch we all sat outside on a bench at the courthouse square for a while and took in the sunshine. It was so nice!

~ Can you play 'pool' well enough to have fun playing it? Yes. I'm pretty good at it and have surprised a few people who challenged me to a game. They thought I was a ringer because I beat them at their game.

~ Who was "Lambchop's" side kick? Shari Lewis. I loved her with Lambchop. The last time I saw them was on an episode of "The Nanny," when Shari and Lambchop visited the mansion where the nanny worked. I have no idea what year that was; sometime in the 80s or early 90s, I think.

~ Words beginning with S Q U..........: squash; squalor; squeeze; squirrel; squeamish; squish; squeak

~ Have you ever lived on a street corner? Yes. I grew up in a house on a corner at a "T" intersection.

**** I wish us all peace on earth! **** Thank you... Yes. Pray for peace! Thanks for the fun fill-ins, roosty! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:55 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
That is all I own

Some pasta salad

I always brought my lunch. A couple sandwiches

Not lately

Not a chance

I could not stand that character

squash

Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics