Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 04:01 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,143,318 times

Advertisements

...(Get outta here, gnat!)...Hello again from southern Florida, where it's...it's, dark!

~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving:

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable:

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot:

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in:

~ Beautiful things:

~ One can of ________.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well:

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese:

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering...

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria:

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods:

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!:

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'?

**** Safe and happy, easy-going days and nights ahead, my special ones! ****
.......................~roosty~................... ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 04:13 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,295,139 times
~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving: - Texting is the most common dumb thing.

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: - Abuse of others, embarrassing confrontations in public to name a couple. This could be long list, actually.

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: - Veggie burgers, hummus, white meat chicken salad. Various fixings on those listed too.

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: - Omelets. I use fresh garlic more.

~ Beautiful things: - Nature, happy children.

~ One can of non-caffeinated root beer.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: - Nothing wrong with it but I do not do this.

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: - Salads

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering... - North through New England.

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: - Mushroom and onion pizza. I should mention yesterday's terrific lunch of chicken parmesan over spaghetti. I topped it with mushrooms and what is leftover will also be topped with garlic. They gave me a lot and it was out of this world delicious! Shoutout to 3 Brothers in Greenbelt MD.

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: - Not directly in this city but near by lots becasue of the amount of farmers markets that are in this area.

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: - Mushrooms and garlic cooking!

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? - Maybe a glance...

Old 04-08-2022, 05:22 AM

30,561 posts, read 16,251,943 times
...(Get outta here, gnat!)...Hello again from southern Florida, where it's...it's, dark!

gnats are gnasty. Good morning, roosty.

sing, eat, talk

egos in overdrive. eye rolling. littering

tuna salad, turkey with swiss cheese and yellow mustard

don't think I eat raw onions. I sometimes put on a sandwich but nuke it a bit 1st.

~ Beautiful things:
agree with John: nature. Narrowing it down some, flowers, creeks/streams, trees

~ One can of ___worms_____.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: pancakes are good any time

stuffed shells

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering...
probably rte 6 west.

thin crust, tomatoes, onions, cheese

most crops are grown for the benefits of cows. Lots of veggie/fruits locally too.

My home has not smelled delightful since the cats invaded.

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? only to determine that it is junk mail.

thanks, roosty. have a great weekend, everyone

Old 04-08-2022, 05:26 AM

7,374 posts, read 5,489,394 times

~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving: singing. Eating. Texting.

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: being rude, loud, selfish.

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: hamburgers

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: nothing, hate onions.

~ Beautiful things: babies, flowers, nature.

~ One can of tuna __.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: pancakes

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: lasagna.

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering... south, warmer weather.

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: hand tossed crust, cheese, pepperoni.

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: corn. Soybeans.

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: candles.

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? No

Old 04-08-2022, 06:01 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
Hello All!!! It's finally Friday!!!

Eating, shaving, make up, texting, phoning, reading newspaper, yelling at passengers, nose-picking, etc.

Depends on the person... Sometimes just breathing is enough!

Pork roll, egg, and cheese. Cheese steak. French Dip. Ham & Cheese. PB&J

Onions... nope!

~ Beautiful things:
The wife, the kids, and the doggo's!

~ One can of __oil______.

Bacon/eggs, French Toast, Pancakes.

Lasagna, calzone, etc.

West. You'd have mountains, plains, more mountains, then the beach.

Ham and cheese calzone (that's what I'm having tonight!)

Strawberries, corn, soy, tobacco.

The wife has some sort of aroma stuff around the house.

Sure. I scan each envelope and decide whether to read more or trash it.

Have a terrific day everyone!!!

Old 04-08-2022, 06:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Good morning, rainroosty and THANK YOU!

~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving: Mostly texting.

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: I hate mouth noises. I also hate lying. I don't see the point in it.

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: I am not really a sandwich fan but I do like BLTs.

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: BBQ!

~ Beautiful things: Stained glass. Butterflies. Hummingbirds. Wildflowers. Peonies. Spring. A newborn baby. Kittens. I can keep on! Life is full of beautiful things.

~ One can of ___whoopass_____.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: I love breakfast for dinner, especially an English muffin and an egg over medium! Preferably with bacon.

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: Lasagna. Mine anyway.

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering...southwest to the Texas Hill Country.

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: I don't care for pizza much, but if I do eat it, I want it on a thin crust and I want it to be a combo pizza. And if someone wants to put ham and pineapple on it, that's fine by me.

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: We grow cows around here.

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: Herbs, candles, warmers, incense. I love for the house to smell good.

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? Only close enough to determine it's junk mail before I toss it.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:15 AM

126,293 posts, read 19,077,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving: Texting while driving.....

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: see above....

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: open faced red radish or cheese sandwiches

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: on tandoori chicken,on a smoked salmon cream cheese bagel,in a mixed garden salad

~ Beautiful things: our Robin is chirping a beautiful solo at the moment while sitting on a branch of our Maple tree

~ One can of tomato paste.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: pancakes with unsweetened applesauce

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: lasagna,ricotta pancakes with seasonal fruit compote......

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering... Any direction is good

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: a vegetarian pizza with tomatoes,chilies,green olives,onions and a thin crust

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: corn,potatoes beans,rapini and more.....

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: at the moment fresh baked Bauernbrot/farmer bread

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? no it goes straight in the garbage

Thank you roosty and the same to you too!

Old 04-08-2022, 06:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times

I don't look into other people's vehicles mainly because I'm in a sedan and most of them are in SUVs or trucks. Plus, I'm short.

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: I'll pick my Number #1 of the moment. They hire people to work in Customer Service who only have a slight familiarity with English. For all I know, they may not be answering the phone in the US. It takes an hour to keep repeating your problem so they can understand what you are telling them and then you wind up more mad at them than you are with the original problem. And, the problem is never resolved.

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: reuben, pastrami on rye (haven't had in a long time), roasted chicken and swiss cheese

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: salad is all I can think of, right now.

~ Beautiful things:

~ One can of whoop ass.

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: I've had oatmeal for dinner as well as pancakes but very infrequently.

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: white pizza, manicotti, ravioli, lasagna, stuffed shells, cheese calzone, ricotta cheesecake

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, south or west? Drive distance not mattering... The drive to any location usually has at least one thing that is not pleasurable but there are a lot of scenic drives, I could name. It's getting to them from home that is just okay but nothing to brag about.

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: There's no such place in Tennessee. Will send you to Mama Lombardi's (actually a restaurant that also has takeout) in Holbrook, Long Island, NY for a chicken parmigiana dinner, salad and garlic bread. And if you want pizza, I like mine with no toppings or I like a white pizza (ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, no sauce, olive oil) with spinach. Just reading the menu... Haven't been there since 2009.

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: We have a farmers market for fresh produce on Saturdays in my town but I have never been, so I don't know. Now Grainger tomatoes come from Tennessee but I've never been in that county. It's about 65 minutes away. They even have a Tomato Festival. In East Tennessee: Broccoli, Collard Greens, Egg Plants, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mustard, Peppers, Cauliflower, Spinach and Tomatoes. (I had to look it up)

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: pine anything

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? No. There is a trash can near the mailboxes for the complex and all of my snail mail junk mail goes straight in it, unopened. Email, I "block sender" but I still keep getting it. I don't know why I get junk email a homeowner might be interested in because I have no house, no mortgage, no yard. I don't know where some seafood company got the idea that I would want seafood since I don't eat anything that comes out of the water and never bought any before. I don't buy gold or silver. I really don't care if you are running for re-election and you are not from my state - I'm not giving you a dime. I have no plans to join your class action suits, I'm boycotting AARP so quit bugging me and since I'm a female, I don't need a penis extender or to fix soft erections (for crying out loud, my first name is part of my email address, buy a clue).

Have a nice weekend!

Old 04-08-2022, 07:08 AM

7,251 posts, read 7,089,343 times

The usual. Texting, eating, not paying attention.

Be noisy after 10 pm. There's a guy up the street that has really loud parties.

Rare roast beef.

Nothing. I hate raw onions, especially red ones.

~ Beautiful things:

Rainbows after a good rain. We got lots of them in Florida.

~ One can of ___beans_____.

Quiche, hot out of the oven.

Lasagna, I think. Don't really like ricotta.

East, so long as it's the backroads and not the interstate.

Mellow Mushroom Mighty Meaty

There's a strawberry farm about 10 minutes from my house.

I've a lilac candle I use from time to time. I miss my lilac bushes.

I glance then recycle.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:24 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,022 times
~ Things that you have seen people doing while driving: of course TEXTing

~ Some things that people do that you find intolerable: I'm not very tolerant

~ Sandwiches that you like a whole lot: PB & J, grilled cheese, pastrami

~ Things that you put fresh cut onion on or in: a burger (once in a while)

~ Beautiful things: my wife

~ One can of beets. (don't ask why).

~ Any breakfast foods that are quite nice for dinner as well: ALL breakfast items

~ Foods that often contain ricotta cheese: stuffed shells

~ Which would be the nicest, most enjoyable pleasure drive from your home - north, east, a road trip to New Brunswick, south or west? Drive distance not mattering...

~ Place an order 'to go' from the good pizzeria: Peperoni and mushroom

~ Any type of crops that are grown in your neck of the woods: none yet until the frost leaves the ground

~ Things that make your home smell delightful!: yesterdays bread coming out of the oven

~ Do you look at your 'junk mail'? no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics