Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:26 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,153,568 times

Advertisements

~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'?

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito?

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal?

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later?

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday?

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all?

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of:

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one?

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time?

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin?

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road?

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area.

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices?

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday?

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you?

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here-->

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area:

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments?

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved?

~ Something you are thankful for:

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks:

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you?

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case?

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind?

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 05:28 AM

61,888 posts, read 87,406,262 times

Absolutely!! I am sure you agree that the way we imagine, problem-solve, think, and create must be vastly different today than it was in the times of our paleolithic relatives. However, some seems to get stuck in that era...

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito?

Try - yes, but I don't see it as something tasty. Rice is a better vehicle.

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal?

Goose breast with all the fancy trimmings.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later?

Something light to recover

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday?

Nah. No thermometer. I go by look, touch and experiences...

Geeky??? No! The opposite!

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of:

Ice cream/sorbet, fruit cakes, hot chocolate...

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one?

I am not going to split hairs. Call it what you want - as long it's delicious!!

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time?

Yes. In restaurants. It's OK. Too messy to eat civilized.
It's crawfish where I live.

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is at really a sin?

Ketchup? What's that? No ketchup in my house or my mouth...

Chickens, goats, sheep, cows, horses, tads, turtles, snakes, deer, elks, raccoons, armadillos, squirrels, birds, ducks with ducklings, hedgehogs, wild hogs, cats, dogs...
Where is a road and animals, they will cross it...

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area.

If the next election would be for animals, I would vote - the outcome could be way better than voting for humans...

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices?

That mj stuffing could be interesting to try...

I tried the radio, but they played Christmas music on most stations...
Turned off pretty fast!

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you?

Sometimes I wait, sometimes I don't, sometimes I copy/paste for late - like last night ...

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here-->

Hi, handsome! You look tasty!

Any competition to the only one real grocery chain store we have here. Aldi/Lindl would be great. Vegmans, Publix, Hy-Vee... competition is good!!

Violin, piano... went to school, should be able to play something pretty decent...

Me!!

My parents who gave me life... without it nothing else would matter.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks:

Hollering: NO!!!

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you?

I liked it when I was young, and it was a novelty. I have grown up since, and have other interests. I would play if the game was interesting, and I had time to kill, though

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?

Sure - love to try new recipes and ideas...

Yes, but most likely previously frozen. I live far away from any sweet-water.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind?

Places that are still not touched much by civilization (toxic/poisoned).

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***

Great times, roosty!!!
Have a great holiday weekend, peeps (I am at work today... )

Last edited by elnina; 11-24-2017 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-24-2017, 05:37 AM

11,384 posts, read 9,302,949 times
No to any sushi.

Party of one yesterday, in other words, nothing special. Had and cooked myself lemon chicken, fresh steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and onions w/rice.

I've seen deer, turtles, and foxes cross the road.

Mentioned recently I'm thankful for my brother and a select few friends, including my online friends.

Had peanut butter toast this morning.

Have to leave for work. Thanks, Roosty!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times
Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? Yes

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? NO!

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Didn't have one. Was sick.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? cheese ravioli

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? Don't know.

I think when you get old, you no longer qualify as geeky. You just are the way you are because you're old.

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: hot chocolate, cheese cake with raspberry drizzle, any ice cream dish (like banana split, sundae), pudding or parfait (I like to freeze the pudding/parfait and the whipped cream)

My Italian aunts in the northeast called it gravy. My Italian boss in DC called it gravy. I (I'm of Italian descent and also spent most of my time in NY) still call it sauce but NO Italian I ever knew called it spaghetti anything as in you don't put "spaghetti" sauce on anything, not even spaghetti.

Crawdads are bait.

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is at really a sin?

When there is cheese on a hot dog, I prefer ketchup, otherwise mustard.

squirrels, deer, wild turkeys, snakes, turtles, etc.

corn

I made an impulse buy on iTunes after hearing it at the end of some movie as the credits rolled: The Devil's Right Hand by Waylon Jennings (written by Steve Earle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKN631r8-4s

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? yes

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> Need Irish Restaurant in my town.

Need a new Italian restaurant in my town. Last one closed.

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? Not me.

Didn't eat except for cereal in the morning.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: Okay.

I'm old. I like video word games and video seek and find games.

Cranberry juice, that's about it.

Never stop by the fresh seafood to notice what's there.

You can get perch in most fresh water ponds in NY, even when you aren't fishing for them. I used to throw them back in.

Last edited by LauraC; 11-24-2017 at 06:13 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 06:05 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,712,133 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought? Yes.

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? No, thanks.

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Baked flounder, jasmine rice, spinach salad, corn, mashed potatoes and coconut custard pie for dessert. Orange flavored seltzer water, Iced tea or Coconut flavored egg nog to drink.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? Some leftovers except for the flounder.

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? Not me.

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? I don't think so.

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: Strawberries, a banana split, an ice cream sundae...

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? Who cares!

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? No.

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? No.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? Deer, raccoons, opposums, cows, squirrels....

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? A little of each.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? While watching a few minutes of the Macy's parade, some music from the marching bands.

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? It's not a problem, roosty.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> Something.

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: Cheesecake business.

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? Nope.

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? Me.

~ Something you are thankful for: Another day of breathing.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: Not me but Millie did.

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you? Never found these games interesting enough to hold my attention so call me weird then.

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? I do not like cranberry sauce.

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? Yes.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? In a lake.

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***[/quote]

Have a good day, roosty.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:09 AM

126,307 posts, read 19,093,078 times
I think so

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? No thank you

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Canada had Thanksgiving in the first week of October but I do take leftovers please

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? Not sure yet

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? Definitely not into newest technology and must have....

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: I usually eat whipping cream with my cake or strawberries

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? I like homemade spaghetti sauce and to me it is not gravy

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? No

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? I used to add it when young.....

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? Quite a few..hedgehog,porcupine,skunk,geese,ducks,turtles, rabbits,Garter snakes,deer,foxes,coyotes,moose,black bears,elephant family in India,wild boar family in Europe.....

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? Actually I do not like any stuffing

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? I listened to classical and country music yesterday

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? roosty it does not matter to me when you post them

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> Do you see what I see.....

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: European bakery

I can play alpine folk music on my zither or play on my African drum

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? I am the main cook in my home

~ Something you are thankful for: To have food on the table every day

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: This morning I had rye bread with smooth all natural peanut butter,wild berry jam,cottage cheese on top

A whole lot the only thing I try to play a little bit is FIFA. The problem is that the soccer ball moves too fast and I can't find it,my players trip,fall,go backwards. I am being told I am a lousy player

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?definitely homemade

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? Yes very sad...........

I don't like fishing .......

Thank you roosty and EVERYONE do enjoy your long weekend

Old 11-24-2017, 06:15 AM

7,380 posts, read 5,495,300 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? Yes

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? No

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Turkey, ham, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, salad, three kinds of pies.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? Pizza

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? I didn’t cook

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? Yes

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: pumpkin pie

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? Some people I know call it gravy. We call it sauce.

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? No

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? Yes, it’s not a sin.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? Deer

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. Sure

Herb stuffing without the marijuana baked into it.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? 70’s music

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? That’s ok

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> hi?

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: Portillo’s

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? Not me

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved?my sister in law

~ Something you are thankful for: my health

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: holler!

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you? I’m old?

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? Canned

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? In a lake

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***[/quote]

Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,610,812 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? yes but I think it’s a fluid timeline - not linear

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? no - some sushi are burrito like as is

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? flanksteak potatoes and green beans - our plans changed due to illness in the family but we enjoyed our time together at home

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? pasta or burgers

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? dunno - not me

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? yes

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: a beater and all sorts of desserts

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? i call it sauce but love to eat it when made by someone who calls it gravy. They usually know how to make a killer sauce/gravy

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? yes multiple places - all good as I recall. Mostly southern u.s

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? yeah that’s fine - add mustard too. I’m not into hotdogs

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? so many kinds - sheep cows turtles cats dogs you name it

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. if it means more thigh meat - sure

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? plain herbed stuffing for me. I don’t care for baked pot at all

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday ummmm

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? not hate. But I love C.R. when it’s early!

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> baaaaaa

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: jerk chicken shack

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? i would do some percussion if anyone can supply a set

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? i did

~ Something you are thankful for: a thing? My favorite pens

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: w00t!

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? canned jellied

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? yes at our fish mongers

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***good stuff!

Old 11-24-2017, 07:54 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,224,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~\~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito?How about ifyou try it and tel lme about it?.
~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Turkey with all the trimings Plus some home made Italian items for wife's side of family.
~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later?Some great leftovers.
~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? Ketsup ,mustard and relish
~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? More than most city folk here as we live in a semirural area.
~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area.Sounds plitical so I will avoid answering.
~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you?Yesvery much
Say something to the Shepherd's pie here-->[color="royalblue"] Hello[/COLOR
~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? Daughterr and SOLk
~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: Great Protein.
Thanks rainroosys hope all have a great shopping day

Old 11-24-2017, 07:56 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,912,519 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? === Happens to me all the time.

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? === That would be a "no".

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? === Very traditional; turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce; baked yams and green beans, with pecan pie for dessert.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? === Not sure yet -- I just woke up!

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? === Not me -- I went to friends for dinner.

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? === Yes I am!

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: === Pies, banana split, hot chocolate.

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? === I come down on the "NOT" side.

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? === Yes, in New Zealand and I liked it!

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? === I can't imagine eating a hot dog without ketchup, but leaving it off falls short of a sin.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? === Deer, tortoise, squirrel, pigeons, quail.

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. === I would interview a few turkeys first to find out how they feel about that.

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? === I'll take the herbed stuffing without MJ thanks.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? === Just what I have on my MP3 player in my car as I drove to my friends.

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? === Any time is a treat RR.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> "Sorry, but I'm just going to have to eat you."

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: === A farmer's market.

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? === I play the piano and can pick up any tune on a harmonica.

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? === My friends Linda and Howard!

~ Something you are thankful for: === My friends Howard and Linda!

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: === Yahooooooooo!

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you? === Who said I didn't like them?!

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? === Homemade.

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? === Nope.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? === Little Lake Muskego.

Thanks so much RR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics