Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 10:03 PM

89,195 posts, read 85,948,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
I never knew until recently that there was a button the side of a toaster, where you could manually pop up your toast, if it was done. Daughter showed me. Must not have been on older toasters, or maybe I missed it. It was a shock, after using a fork for so many years to dig into the toaster.
Good thing there wasn't a shock from using the fork.

I hadn't seen my car since I read on here about the little arrow by the gas pump icon (too long to explain) but I was inside it the other day and looked and sure enough, there's the little arrow! Who knew.

Somewhat related, I only learned three or four years ago that there is an idiot light icon that shows you have low pressure in a tire. I drove to the train station one morning and an exclamation mark inside of parentheses lit up on my dashboard. I had no idea what it meant, and I had to go to work, so I just parked the car in the lot and caught the train and Googled to find out what it meant. Turned out I had a leak in the tire.

I posted somewhere (maybe even on City-Data Automotive) about it, and I got called an idiot for not getting what it "obviously" meant.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:12 AM

1,184 posts, read 2,556,604 times
How about those little push-ins on the side of cling wrap, tinfoil, etc. You push it in, and it stops the roll from jumping out of the box. Never knew that until a few years ago when I saw a You Tube video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 10:34 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,431,646 times
Quote:
How about those little push-ins on the side of cling wrap, tinfoil, etc. You push it in, and it stops the roll from jumping out of the box. Never knew that until a few years ago when I saw a You Tube video.
Oooh, now I’ve got to check my boxes!

Old 02-09-2021, 06:29 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,374,963 times
Quote:
What? What push ins? Have to go look.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:26 AM

418 posts, read 463,146 times
Quote:
To be honest, I have been seeing this mentioned for a while and I have yet to check into it. Thanks for the reminder!

For me, this is really basic but I wanted some framed photos of my grands. I decided to try out the 21st century way. I made an account at CVS ( I am sure Walgreens and Rite Aid and many others would work as well)..... and uploaded a few images and they were ready to be picked up within an hour. If I went fancier it would have taken a few days but I just wanted to see how it worked.
I was so amazed with how great it is!! And I had bought cute frames (at Walmart no less) for $1 each and they look wonderful!
(well, I broke one frame because it was so flimsy--- but still a great buy and they look so fantastic).

Old 02-13-2021, 09:32 AM

8,460 posts, read 6,574,957 times
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:45 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Love me some chakras.
Chakras Khan.....have all her records! Lol.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:47 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
Sounds like a crappy sleep!

Old 02-13-2021, 08:56 PM

811 posts, read 887,910 times
Quote:
This is extraordinary! How did I not know this? Spent all these years tugging out the whole roll of plastic wrap to pull off a piece. I pushed in the little tabs and it works! Same with the tin foil.

Someone invented this feature and patented it and it's used on hundreds of millions of boxes of kitchen wrap. I bet there are many others who don't know about this either. I wish my mother were here to tell her - she would have loved this. Thank you for posting this - I would have lived out my days wrestling with the plastic wrap.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:13 PM

89,195 posts, read 85,948,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
This is extraordinary! How did I not know this? Spent all these years tugging out the whole roll of plastic wrap to pull off a piece. I pushed in the little tabs and it works! Same with the tin foil.

Someone invented this feature and patented it and it's used on hundreds of millions of boxes of kitchen wrap. I bet there are many others who don't know about this either. I wish my mother were here to tell her - she would have loved this. Thank you for posting this - I would have lived out my days wrestling with the plastic wrap.
Same here. Why did no one before inform me of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics