Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:36 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times

Advertisements

~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean?

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover?

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _________________.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks?

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you?

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans?

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.

Last edited by rainroosty; 10-27-2017 at 04:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 05:13 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? - D/K

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? - Headphones

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? - No idea

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? - Yep

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? - I live on the east coast so maybe that. However, I have not been on a road trip in 3.5 years and have no plans to go on one in the near future. I really do not like to drive anyway...

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: - It's been 44 years since I have been to a beach.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here- - No idea. I have not watched regular TV in 3.5 years. When I did I found cooking shows boring.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) - D/K

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _________________. no answer. When I used to watch TV the commercials always got muted.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? - I had 2 slices this past Sunday.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? - Gas that is contriolled by the landlord. Most of the time it gets too hot so I leave it off.
(I have the option to torn it on or off)

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? - I don't think so. I did go there one time for a vacation in 1975.

Thanks, Roosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I remember talking to a musician friend about this. I think there is or maybe there was since you say, "there ever was."

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Flash drive

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? Hm.... Hickory is wood, right? Oh, who knows. Whoever wrote it just needed words to rhyme with clock.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Unfortunately.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Northeast

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Blue sea glass and unique shells

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Julia Childs, Jacque Pepin

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) Sure, since it's free.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Rainroosty. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Haven't

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Propane furnace. If I decide to have an addition built, I'll have a woodstove put back in.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? I guess I don't associate any specific foods with New Orleans. Fried foods maybe?

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. Thanks, roosty! Happy Fryday!

Old 10-27-2017, 05:54 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Good Morning

~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? Interesting---I just googled it.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Charger cord to my iPhone into my Mac

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? no clue

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? We are good now since I replaced them all.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? New England area

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Sea glass and pretty sea shells. I like to walk along the beach in the Winter when it is quiet and all one hears is the sounds of the waves hitting the beach.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Alton Brown--he always explains the chemistry in baking/cooking. Plus he has the right amount of dry humor.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) Yes, I am content with my lighting

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Southwest Airlines, I am not a tv watcher but when my husband watches the football game I hear that frequently.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Made some delicious flatbread pizza last week.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Heat pump--not my favorite but it keeps us warm

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Shrimp creole

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.I will take some buckets of gold coins

Wishing you a hickory dickory dock kind of day!

Old 10-27-2017, 06:03 AM

30,951 posts, read 16,537,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?

not sure but I doubt it.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?

nothing I can think of.

I'm not even sure what tarnation means.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?

yes but getting fewer every year.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover?

northeast. no trips planned but I like looking at maps.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:

my 1st preference would be a pirate's treasure chest but if I can't have that, a letter in a bottle and driftwood.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->

tv? chef???

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)

I like the light that's here.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _____anyone and everyone. I hate commercials.____________.

yea but I didn't.

natural gas furnace and it's very ok with me.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans?

I've tried a couple of cajun dishes. My tummy was not impressed.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.

thanks, roosty.

wonder if anyone makes shrimp pizza.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:04 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? Maybe.

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? Never gave it much thought.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yes.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? I haven't been to the west coast in over 40 years so I'll say the west coast!

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Some cool looking shells and some money.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Mario Batali, Emeril LaGasse, (Justin Wilson and Julia Childs may they Rest In Peace.)

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) Definitelycould use some better lighting and FREE is good.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by ____the GEICO lizard._____________. Don't know what else to say since my brain is a little foggy right now.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Yes.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Gas heat.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Shrimp etouffe.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.[/quote]

Happy Friday, everyone.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:27 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I don't know

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Portable battery charger for my devices while traveling

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? No clue

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? We had maintenance done due to draft but will find out this winter

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Europe please

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: a beautiful seashell

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->Jacques Pépin,Julia Child,Jaimie Oliver,Wolfgang Puck.....

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) I really could use some more lights above my kitchen sinks

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Heineken.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Yes matter of fact tonight

Gas furnace and fireplace in my den it keeps me toasty

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? No

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. SNOW please

Thank you roosty and happy weekend everyone.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:33 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,287,644 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? You got me.

Memory card reader and PC speakers don't plug into an outlet directly.

Hickory Jones was some guy in New England back in the early 1800s who wouldn't let the locals fish off his dock. They called him a d**k and ran him out of town. That's my guess and I'm sticking with it...also, it would be in poor taste, to use a different word that rhymes with clock.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yes.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Well, after back to Delaware (already have Atlas) next year, I may take a 2019 trip to Texas.

Crabs, driftwood

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Loudmouth Bourdain, Ramsey (can't remember his first name - is it Gordon?), Emeril LeGasse

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) Sorry, never gave this a thought. No idea.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _________________.

Eat it once a week.

heat pump. It's fine.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? I like blackened chicken but rarely eat it.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:30 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I don't know

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Fast charger for my Apple devices.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? No

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? California

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: money. Shells.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, The Pioneer Woman, Emeril LaGasse, Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) no. I'm happy with the lighting in my house the way it is.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by ( I don't pay attention to commercials)__.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Yes

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Furnace.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Yes, po' boys. Dirty rice. Hurricanes.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.[/quote] money

Old 10-27-2017, 07:31 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? === Makes sense but don't know.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? === A memory card and a thumb drive that I plug into my computer to save or retrieve photos and data.

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? === You resort to anything when you need something to rhyme with clock and tick tock!

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? === Don't think so.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? === I'd like a New Zealand one thanks Roosty -- my daughter and son-in-law are going there next February.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: === Shells and driftwood.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Don't know any.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) === Made me laugh Roosty, but no thanks.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? === I had some a couple of days ago.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? === Furnace and it's fine.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? === I do -- love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics