Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 07:43 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,874 posts, read 81,907,203 times

Advertisements

~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I wouldn't be surprised

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Adobe flash

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? Nothing, it's just a nonsense rhyme

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yes, the double front door, and the french door to the patio

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Southwest Canada

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Cool gnarly hunk of driftwood, letter in a bottle

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Bobby Flay, Gordon Ramsay, Giada De Laurentiis, Guy Fieri, Martin Yan

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) I'm fine with it the way it is

~ That latest commercial brought to us by __The letter "J"_______________.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Made and ate one last night, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Forced air gas,and it's currently the most cost effective in our area

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? I sometimes make homemade Beignets, about the only food I like from there

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. Kalamata olives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,240,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?
There must have been at one time.Not something I would care about.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?
Many 12 volt accessories

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean?
~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?
Too many
~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:
Money and buried treasure:

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks?
[color="blue"]Had some just the other night. It was good.[/COLOR

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.
Thanks rainroosty. Hope you and all have a good safe day

Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,827,575 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?
Not to my knowledge but then again I know nothing about the inner workings of music

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?
I can plug in my car charger

Nothing apparently, it was just something to rhyme with "clock"

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?
Yeah my front door

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover?
No need for one I have internet and GPS

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:
Some perfectly intact conch shells and a chest full of old coins

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->
dunno, don't watch cooking shows. Bobby Flay?

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)
The lighting I have is just fine, I have no "significant other" so "love-light is not necessary

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _Zaxby's commercial on tv right this moment__.

Yes I have, and I did

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you?
It's electric and I love it, I am allergic to gas and oil

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans?
No don't think so but I'm not sure what they eat in New Orleans?

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.
I'll take some buckets of money!

Thanks Roosty!

Old 10-27-2017, 07:59 AM

62,163 posts, read 88,053,652 times

Yes. This:
Spoiler

https://www.antikeychop.com/keaton-music-typewriter

Sure. USB cable into computer.. or phone charger into an external battery..

It's just a silly nursery rhyme: Hickory Dickory Dock, The mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck one, The mouse ran down! Hickory Dickory Dock.

Yes, my house has 3 doors and 21 windows, but where is the cold breeze?? There is no draft, but I would happily open most of the windows

The Antarctica!

A really big piece of amber with an ancient fossil in it.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Gordon Ramsey, Julia Child, Anthony Bourdain, Alton Brown...

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)

Yes!!!! This!!! ^^^^^

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Liberty Insurance ( can't forget this one because it's really stupid!).

Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks?

Yup. Will make one at home this weekend!!

Natural gas furnace. Rarely used.

Gumbo, rice and red beans...

Make it buckets of diamonds...

Thank you, roosty!! Happy Friday, everyone!!

Last edited by elnina; 10-27-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 AM

44,424 posts, read 20,186,805 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I'm guessing yes; but I'm not certain.

~ Hey? Hey! What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? A portable GPS that I can plug into a port in my car. (Although I no longer use it, since my current car came with its own GPS.)

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? Hahaha. I have no idea! A hickory dock would be a dock made out of hickory wood. But dickory? Haha, I don't know!

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yes; every one of them. My house has 18 windows and none completely block air from coming in. *sigh* (Yes, I've tried the

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Ideally, all of the U.S. and Canada. If I only get one region, I'll take the western states such as CO, WY, MT, ID. I'd love to take a long road trip sometime and see more of the U.S. It's on my bucket list for retirement years.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: A stone that's been smoothed and has an interesting shape from its long journey; a pretty shell.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Gordon Ramsey; Julia Child; Jacques Pepin; Ming Tsai; Lidia Bostianich. Those are some of my favorites. (I don't like Gordon Ramsey on most shows, but he's great on Master Chef.)

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) Sure, the light strip sounds nice. I don't like bright lights, since they're not flattering and they hurt my eyes.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Chevrolet. I hate those commercials they've been showing ad nauseam lately.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Considered, yes. Caved and had some, not yet.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? I have a gas forced-air furnace which has been on the fritz all week. Furnace guy is awaiting a part - a new electronics board - to install and get my furnace up and running again. Wouldn't you know, we are having near-record low temps this week. I'm presently using two electric radiators to heat opposite ends of the house. They're working well and it's not so bad, but I'm anxious to get the furnace fixed and get back to my normal life routine. It's been a real pain in the butt dealing with this all week.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Occasionally. I love jambalaya, and I think that's popular in New Orleans. I also love meats with Cajun spices, as long as they're not too terribly hot.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. Okay, I've tried to make sense of this - to no avail.

Thanks for the fun fill-ins, roosty! Have a happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-27-2017 at 08:21 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 10:56 AM

3,096 posts, read 1,703,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? How about the lawn mower that we plug into OUTSIDE the house?

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yep, a window.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Southwest

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Big pretty agate and a nice big conch shell.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Stephen Rachlen

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) I'm one of those who likes a lot of light.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by STP.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Had some last week.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Forced air heating, which is meh. And a pellet stove, which I run to death from later fall into mid-spring. I like to be WARM.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Often. But we drink Hurricanes only in summer.

Thanks, Roost. TGIF!

Old 10-27-2017, 11:15 AM

24,609 posts, read 26,173,117 times
Dunno,sounds like a good idea thou.

Hard drive and CD burner.

I have no idea.

2 leaky door.

SW US.

A bottle with a message in it that leads me to a treasure.

Ramsey, Childs.

I'm good with what we have.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by Progressive Insurance.

I had some earlier this week.

Gas forced air and it's fine.

Gumbo, shrimp and clams.

Beer.

Thanx Roosty for the Interesting Q's.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:56 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,620,406 times
Afternoon all!

I believe that there was, but couldn't say for sure without looking it up. Maybe I dreamed it.

I have many things that I can plug in to my computer; ear buds, external CD player, my camera, etc.

Again, without looking it up, I'm not sure. I always thought it was just supposed to be something silly to rhyme with "the mouse ran up the clock."

Shouldn't be. We had new windows put in when President Obama offered some kind of tax incentive for certain home improvements.

The Canadian Maritimes, and Newfoundland!

Two lovely rocks will be just fine.

I don't generally watch TV cooking shows, so I'm not familiar with the names of the chefs.

I'm pretty content with what we have.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _Gritty Kitty cat litter_.

I consider eating pizza every day! Luckily for my waistline, I am not the only person who eats in this house. We generally only have pizza every or every other Sunday evening.

Forced air gas heat in the whole house, and a wood burning fireplace downstairs in the rec room. Both are fine by me. There's a trade-off for everything.

Not really, no.

Well, cash, sure. How 'bout puppies!

Thanx for the fun Qs rainroosty!
Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:00 PM

11,556 posts, read 12,102,058 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? Have no idea, but there was some sort of printing device used

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? My car has a charger for cell phones

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? Maybe it's supposed to represent the sound of a clock ticking.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Not since I installed the indoor window film last week!!

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? Pacific Northwest

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Money and diamonds

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Pati Jinich and Ina Garten

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) My lighting is sufficient

~ That latest commercial brought to us by General Electric

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Thought about it, but then forgot about it

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Heat source is sufficient; but lack of insulation is not.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Shrimp

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. Money

Have a wonderful Friday and Weekend!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:20 PM

4,714 posts, read 3,293,479 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?......... Probably

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?..........Cell phone charger for my vehicle.

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? .......Not a clue.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? ......................Nothing serious. Our house is well built.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover?...............All of the US.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:................Sea turtle and starfish.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->.........Rachel Ray and Paula Deen.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)......................I would like some more lighting.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by ______Some political idiots ___________.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks?..................Last week we had pizza and salad one evening. It's girls night out and there will be pizza and wine.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you?............We have gas heat, a supplemental wood stove and a infrared space heater.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans?.............Yes

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone................I'll take a bucket full of 100s. Shrimp and lobster would be nice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics