Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:13 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,900,311 times

Advertisements

[quote=rainroosty;49945397]~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?
I don't know.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?

A GPS in the cigarette lighter in my car.
~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean?

Oh lordy mice. I caught two the other night and discovered them in my humane mouse trap at one in the morning. I didn't want them to suffer in that cold trap so I took them to a small patch of woods far from the house. This very nice police officer wanted to know what I was doing on that small stretch of road that late at night. He was very nice and said he was concerned that I may have had car trouble. He was pretty nice looking too
~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?
Well yeah., They're 107 years old. We're making interior storm windows for upstairs and I'm putting weather seal around the doors.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover?
Nova Scotia.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:
A diamond ring with a big rock and some gold coins.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->

Dead or alive?
~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)
I like the orange bulbs I have in them now.
~ That latest commercial brought to us by _Kraft. I've been craving mac and cheese for days. ________________.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks?

Yes, but I'll wait for Halloween.
~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you?
Forced air and yes. It's toasty in here.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans?

MMMMM Gumbo.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.

Thanks roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 04:46 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,513,537 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I think there actually was one. However, I've never seen one.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Plugs for trailer lights and brakes.

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? It's just words with the right number of syllables that rhymes with the mouse ran up the clock.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? Yes. And thanks for reminding me to put the electric blanket on the bed tonight. We expect our first freezing temperatures tonight.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? You can make it the U.S. I'm not leaving the States any more.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: An old sea chest with gold bullion inside and a crowbar to open it.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Julia Childs and Justin Wilson are the only two I know.

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) If it's free, install a strip over my desk.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by __Google______________.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? Unfortunately I had a frozen pizza last week.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? We have central heating units at both our city house and here at the farm. The one in the city is fired by natural gas and the one here at the farm is fired by propane.

I'm very happy with the natural gas heating but propane here is as high as diesel fuel per gallon so, to the sadness of our local propane dealer, we only use propane to fire our water heater. Our primary heat at the farm comes mostly from two pellet stoves, one of which is running right now.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? I just ate a ham & cheese sub sandwich which reminded me of a New Orleans Poboy but only after I saw this question.

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone. If we're gonna talk about New Orleans food, I'll take a large bucket of fresh medium shrimp or fresh "crawfish" will also work.

Thanks for the memories Roosty.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:26 PM

54,516 posts, read 34,005,319 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? - I think so.. It's called a Pen..

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? - Sounds like a tongue twister to me..

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: - If I typed the answer, I'd be banned from City Data.. - Actually, just a beautiful moon rise or a scenic sunset.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? - Nope.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? - Just the oven.. or by opening the front door just last week.. when it was close to 100 degrees..

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? - Shrimp?

Buckets of stuff that you would like to have in buckets for you when you do receive buckets of something from somewhere or someone.
Well.. that's my condensed bucket of answers for today's Questions... But a bucket of any good and healthy food is fine with me.. something that doesn't make me.. Kick the bucket.. so to speak.. Have a good weekend everyone.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 PM

21,745 posts, read 8,888,223 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?
I don't know. If there isn't one already, there should be.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house?
My headphones plug in to my smartphone.

It's called poetry.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year?
The bathroom window faces the ocean, and we get a lot of cool breezes year-round except on the hottest summer days.

The United Kingdom (England, Scotland and Wales), so I can fantasize about visiting there someday.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge:
Sea shell
Sand dollar

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->
Emeril Lagasse
Julia Child
Martin Yan

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!)
A lighting upgrade would do wonders for my house. Bring it on!

~ That latest commercial brought to us by
Subaru.

I had some vegetarian pizza last night for dinner and the leftovers were tonight's dinner.

It's a gravity furnace (sometimes called an octopus furnace), it's as old as the house (54 years), and it works very well.

I have eaten jambalaya and Cajun catfish. Never had a beignet, though. That's on my bucket list.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 10-28-2017, 12:06 AM

39,245 posts, read 23,242,510 times
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music? I think so.

~ Hey? What do you have that you can plug in; but not into an electrical outlet inside your house? Computer keyboard or computer mouse.

~ What in the tarnation does HICKORY DICKORY DOCK mean? All I know is hickory is a type of wood and a dock is a structure built next to the edge of a body of water. No idea what "dickory" means, though.

~ Are there any doors or windows in your home that surely will allow for some cold air drafts starting this time of year? A couple.

~ You WIN a FREE Road Atlas! What region would you like it to cover? The 3 West Coast states.

~ 2 things that you would like to find on the beach while on a long walk at the surf's edge: Sea shells and buried treasure.

~ Spout out some TV chefs here----> Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) and Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman).

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) I wouldn't mind the free non-intrusive ambient light strip.

~ That latest commercial brought to us by City-Data.

~ Have you considered eating any pizza in the last couple of weeks? I've thought about it.

~ What if any heat source have you got at your home and is that okay by you? Floor furnace.

~ Ever eat or drink food fare that you may associate with New Orleans? Bananas Foster is pretty good. I also wouldn't mind trying some beignets.

Still Friday over here, so I hope you all had a fabulous one!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:55 AM

15,032 posts, read 8,354,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Do you think there ever was made: a mechanical typewriter keyboard that was designed for music composers, so they could type out their sheet music?
IDK....but that would be neat.

USB Flash Drive, Headphones.

I wish I knew!

Yes, the Patio Doors...and they have thermal drapes over them now.

USA!!!! Or Canada!
A suitcase of one hundred dollar bills and a pretty sea shell

~ Spout out some TV chefs here---->Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, Julia Child

~ Are you content with the ambient lighting where you hang out most in your home or would you think it might benefit you to have a FREE non-intrusive ambient light strip (oh my - it is beautiful! <--her or him when first lays eyes upon it)...'to have the love-light in your lives" once again! (FREE installation at your convenience!) I had to google that - they look pretty awesome!

~ That latest commercial brought to us by _________________.

About a week or so ago.

Central Electric Heat -It's alright.

I love Cajun Cuisine!

Money

Great Questions!
Have a great weekend everyone~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics