Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:59 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,229,426 times

Advertisements

Hellooooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Greetings, everyone! I hope your week started out well. Let's move along and head right down to

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Okefenokee!

Do you own one or more articles of clothing that contain:
  • stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid? My flannel shirt! Oh and I think my flannel pajama pants!
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear?

The finest of painter's whites! Not that filth that the majority of fly-by-night wanna-be dirt bags wear.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals?

I don't know but if I were to wear sandals (I don't and won't) I'd wear socks. I frankly don't give a hoot about what people think about it, either.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors?

On the beach about 16 years ago or so...

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it?

Not really. I just have no reason to...

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth?

Yeah, I remember doing that long ago!

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like?

Well you know - I don't own an umbrella because all my life I figured, 'hey, Clint Eastwood wouldn't be seen with an umbrella so I'm not gonna be seen with one either.'
But now...now that I am much older I think I would carry one if it is raining hard at the time. That way I stay more comfortable and I'd also be prepared to help a lady who could use the shelter as well. That would be nice, that...walk a lass to her car or to a shoppe or something.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.)

Acorn fights.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid?

I stayed in the forest by myself most of the time. I enjoyed the outdoors and learning about it while the other guys did stupid stuff.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand?

LOL... Yeah...the blue jay(s) do sometimes.

Have you ever heard a bird talk?

LMAO.......yeah!

When was the last time you heard a bird sing?

This morning! My blue jays are the greatest, they perform songs and dance so that I give them peanuts, both shelled and unshelled.

Do you think bats are cool?

Most all are but my wife's not............

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel?

Probably...but maybe not.

Have you ever seen a flying fish?

Oh, thousands! If you go out on a boat on the ocean here you may see them...sometimes herds of them! They are SO neat!

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first?

To the produce market here. 'De Vine Marketplace'....

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday!

See you soon, pumpkins! Hey there Alph! Hey there Meggies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:08 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,622,305 times
Afternoon all!

stripes? Just one, I think.
polka dots? Not currently, but I love them!
houndstooth? I think my fall coat has a houndstooth pattern (or maybe it's tweed...)
plaid? A few.
paisley? Just one.
tie dye? LOL Yeah, I've got a "few" of those.
flowers? Several of those "broomstick" skirts.

At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear?
Mostly stuff I picked up at the Good Will or Salvation Army stores. I've worked in a few messy environments and got a lot of ink or food stains, and I didn't want to mess up my "good" clothes ($12.00 jeans ).

I have not. Only because when it's time for sandals, it's time for my feet to be totally naked!

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS
About an hour ago.
It's best to ask me when was the last time I wore shoes.

Sure! I have walked in the mud. It's no biggie. Unless it keeps your shoe!

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth?
Yes, but I probably shouldn't have. Acid rain, and all that.

Somewhere I have a white one with small multi-colored polka dots.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.)
I used to love Dodge Ball. We could play that at school when I was a kid. I don't think they allow it any more.

Oh sure. But if I tell you where, I won't be able to hide there any more.

BONUS QUESTIONS
Not a wild bird, no.

I have.

About an hour ago, when I walked barefoot outside.

Do you think bats are cool?
I do!

I have seen one. A friend's pet. But it didn't "fly" when I saw it. It just stayed inside his shirt pocket, hanging on with its tiny little paws over the edge and its little head poking out looking all around with its adorable eyes.

No, but I have had a few jump out of my aquarium!

Nova Scotia, no doubt!

My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Thanx Pam! You have a terrific Tuesday as well. Tell Alph and Meggie that my kitty Butterscotch said Hello!
Have a good day everyone!

Old 08-15-2017, 03:09 PM

7,370 posts, read 2,765,892 times
Greetings, everyone! I hope your week started out well. Let's move along and head right down to

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you own one or more articles of clothing that contain: The majority of my clothes are solid colors but I do have a tie dyed shirt.
  • stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? We wore uniforms

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Never!

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? Yesterday when I walked out to check the mail

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? Sure

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? Yes

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? I have never owned an umbrella

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Tag, Red Rover, Jump Rope, Hide and Seek, Baseball, Kickball and many more.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? Yes

Have you ever heard a bird talk? Yes

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? Today

Do you think bats are cool? Yep

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? No

Have you ever seen a flying fish? No

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? Wyoming to see the youngest granddaughter.

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Thanks, Pam. Happy Tuesday to all.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM

39,201 posts, read 23,181,001 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes? <--This
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers? <--My Hawaiian shirts
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? Business casual Monday-Thursday. Jeans are allowed on Fridays.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Probably once a long, long time ago.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? It's been a long time and that was only in my backyard patio during warm weather.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? Why not?

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? No.

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? It's a compact umbrella that expands into a full-size umbrella with a flick of a button, black in color.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Tag, hide-and-seek, four square.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? No.

Have you ever heard a bird talk? Yes, a cockatoo.

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? Early this morning.

Do you think bats are cool? No.

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? No.

Have you ever seen a flying fish? No.

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? One of my sister's homes.

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday! Thanks! You, too!

Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 AM

385 posts, read 210,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?

Yes to all of these.

Slacks or skirts, a blouse, comfortable shoes however not athletic shoes.

Do clogs count as sandals? Then yes. I broke my ankle and had to have a plate and nine screws put in. That foot is more sensitive to the cold now. But I wear those footie socks that you can barely see.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

This morning letting the dog out.

I do not like my feet to be in cold, wet, squishy things.

Yes. I have been known to dance in the rain on occasion.

I have several umbrellas! I have one that is dark blue and huge, that has various letters in shades of blues and Brown's falling down. Then I have a light blue one that has white words that spell out rain, rain, go away. I recently purchase my son an umbrella that looks like a Batman gun. Then when you unfurl it, it is black with a Batman insignia on it. Both of the last two are from sub boxes. Ha!

Omgee, we loved dodge ball, tetherball, statues, blind man's bluff, hokey pokey, hide and seek, tag. I could go on and on.

Yes. Up in my favorite tree, usually reading a favorite book.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes. I had a cockatiel that would.

Yes. My grandfather on my father's side owned parrots and peacocks. One of the parrots would call to him when we would visit no matter how many years had passed.

Do you think bats are cool? Yes, but from a distance.

On television.

Yes, several.

I would fly to one of my favorite people in the world and back again.

Our dogs, Happy and Allie say hello. So does our cats, Bella, Anastasia, and Kylo Ten. Also our foster kitties, Rhysand, Libby, Bijoux, and Harper AKA Thug Kitty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics