Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 PM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you own one or more articles of clothing that contain:
•stripes?
•polka dots?
•houndstooth?
•plaid?
•paisley?
•tie dye?
•flowers?
None of the above, mine are all solids.

At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? Levi's, T-shirt, boots, boxers, socks, cowboy hat.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Have never worn sandals.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? Eons ago.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? No.

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth?

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? Black w/curved handle.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Kick the can, hide & seek, doctor.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? Had a fort way out in the back 40.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? No but have had some peck me.

Have you ever heard a bird talk? Yes.

When was the last time you heard a bird sing?

Do you think bats are cool? Young ones yes, but those old bats at the retirement home, not so.

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? On TV.

Have you ever seen a flying fish? Yes from a cruise ship several times.

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? To the bottom of the Grand Canyon, beats walking down.

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday! You too ms pam...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 11:34 PM

8,003 posts, read 5,456,101 times
Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? I wear a uniform---I have a choice of two dresses or a skirt and shirt, I wear the Company issued scarf every day. There are pants, but I never were those.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals?

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? A couple of weeks ago at the beach.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? Maybe, I would be a bit nervous about slipping and falling, not because of getting mud all over myself, because of hurting myself.

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? of course!

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? I love umbrellas I have a green one with black flowers on it. A white one with colorful rain drops on it and a black one. I have a tiny fold up one that has a houndstooth design on it that I use for travel.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Jump rope, hopscotch, bike riding

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? I don't recall

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand?

Have you ever heard a bird talk? Yes, we had a parakeet that could talk

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? Yesterday

Do you think bats are cool? Cool? The are interesting creatures-I appreciate them because they eat a lot of bugs

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel?

Have you ever seen a flying fish?

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first?

Have a lovely day!

Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,415,886 times
Good Morning!

• stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth? No.
  • plaid? No. Only one blouse.
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? I'm working as sales manager in an office but we don't have a dress code. Usually pants, jeans or skirts, shirts, tops, blouses. The only dress code we have is when we attend exhibitions. Then we have to wear our company colors (black and yellow) which is not that difficult than I thought at the beginning

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? :h amd:

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? Yesterday.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? No.

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? Sure.

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? black

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Monopoly which I hate nowadays.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? No, I'm afraid of birds so that won't ever happen.

Have you ever heard a bird talk?

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? This morning.

Do you think bats are cool?

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? No.

Have you ever seen a flying fish? No.

Stay cool

Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 AM

21,730 posts, read 8,871,215 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes? No
  • polka dots? No
  • houndstooth? No
  • plaid? A couple of short-sleeved shirts
  • paisley? No
  • tie dye? No
  • flowers? No
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear?
It was a casual place, and most employees wore jeans, flannel shirts or polos, down vests and athletic shoes. I had come from an office environment so I continued to dress up a little more than I needed to. I usually wore coordinated sportswear outfits or slacks with a blouse and jacket.
No way.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors?
I actually don't remember. It's not a good idea to do that in the city.
If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it?
Oh, sure. That sounds like fun.
Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth?
Yes, I've done that.
If you own an umbrella, what does it look like?
It's a boring tan color.
Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.)
I always liked jump rope, hopscotch, dodgeball, swings and slides.
Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid?
No, but my bedroom was my private haven.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes, at the San Francisco Zoo. They had a budgie exhibit. The zoo sold seed sticks coated with honey that we could use to lure the birds down from their tree for a snack.
Only on YouTube. There are some videos with very funny X-rated talking parrots.
A day or two ago when I was outside and could hear the wild songbirds.
No, not really.
No, but as a kid my brother and I used to shoot at ground squirrels. I never hit one.
No, but I have seen a school of dolphins leaping out of the water and following our boat in Hawaii.
I don't like heights, so I would probably fly up to the roof so I could check to see if there are any leaves in our gutter.

Hello, Alph and Meggie! And thanks, Pam!

Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,494,446 times
When I used to work, I spent a lot of my working life in uniform of one kind and another. Soldier, computer chip maker, post man, security guard.........I guess it saved wearing out my own clothing. I did office work also, and worrying about what to wear each day was time consuming........

I did wear socks with sandals many, many years ago. I also always wear white socks with my sneakers. I do it because some say I shouldn't. I don't follow fashion, I lead it..........

Do I own a umbrella? I live in England, of course I do!! It's a nice large black one.........

Games I played as a kid? Boy, there were loads........ I was always running about playing street games. My favourite was 'knock a door, runaway.' I believe it is known by a different name in America. Boy, how we laughed after knocking at a house door, then running away and hiding. The real brave thing to do was go back to the same house, and do it again.........

I did have a hiding place when I was a kid. It was my bedroom where I lay for hours reading my Superman comics.

I have had birds eating out of my hand. Do you mean girl birds, or real birds?............

If I developed the ability to fly, the first place I would go would be Las Vegas.........

Have a great day all.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:19 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,677,613 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes?so many
  • polka dots?as many as I have stripes
  • houndstooth?yes at least one silk scarf and a skirt
  • plaid?yes at least one pajamas
  • paisley?yes at least one dress and one silk scarf
  • tie dye?yes multiple tshirts and at least one pair of tights
  • flowers?yes multiple
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear?in the past 6 months I've been wearing skirts. I wear lots of black, plenty of stripes or polka dots, orange for color and sometimes flowered tops or tights to break things up a little. I look more funky fresh than typical professional - but definitely put together.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals?no

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors?last week

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? oh yes

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth?have I ever not?

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like?oh! It's houndstooth! Black and white. Goes with practically everything I wear.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.)one of my all time favorite active games was playing alias smith and jones with bikes as our horses

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid?more than one - inside and out - and at school

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand?yes

Have you ever heard a bird talk?yes - sometimes I watch videos of them on YouTube

When was the last time you heard a bird sing?last night

Do you think bats are cool?yes but also creepy if too close or inside

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? yes my friend has a sugar glider

Have you ever seen a flying fish? i don't think so

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? id recreate the flying scene from the book/movie Birdy

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday!
meow kitties!

Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,878,062 times
Greetings, everyone! I hope your week started out well. Let's move along and head right down to

TODAY'S QUESTIONS Great week at the beach so far!

Do you own one or more articles of clothing that contain: I wear mostly black and white, sometimes jeans. I have a few t-shirts, mostly those given out at the end of the year to our 5th graders moving on to middle school. I don't wear them though, because I don't like crew neck shirts.
  • stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear? Casual, sometimes jeans.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Haven't

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? Last night on the beach.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? Wouldn't. Sensory thing...

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? Have...... Haven't looked, but it sounds like it might be sprinkling. If it is, then I'll probably be doing this today with the kiddos.

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? The last umbrellas I've bought have broken easily, so haven't bought one for a while.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Just playing in the woods and fields around the house.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? Many in the woods. I could happily hide quietly for long periods of time in a tree.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? Have

Have you ever heard a bird talk? My sister's parrot

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? Earlier this morning

Do you think bats are cool? Flying rodents. Not cool.

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? Have

Have you ever seen a flying fish? Haven't and not sure I'd want to.

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? Just test flights to see how high I was comfortable with.

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday! Hi, Alph and Meggie! Thanks, Pam! Older grands are waking up, so I need to get something into their bellies and then out to the beach!

Old 08-15-2017, 05:42 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,260,043 times
no tye dye
business casual
nope

the other day
yes
yes
black
chase
yes

yes
yes
yesterday
yes
on tv
yes
over the neighborhood

Old 08-15-2017, 05:44 AM

30,916 posts, read 16,521,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Greetings, everyone! I hope your week started out well. Let's move along and head right down to

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers?
nope. solids all the way.

At your present job (or previous job if you are no longer working), what sort of clothing do/did you wear?
I wore scrubs. Quite comfortable and practical.

not in public.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors?

years ago.

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it?

maybe but probably not.

not that I remember.

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like?

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.)

we played hide and seek, croquet, volley ball. When we got older we kinda gave up games and rode our bikes all over everywhere.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid?

not really, except hiding inside my head.

BONUS QUESTIONS

I don't remember but doubtful.

yup.

yesterday when I got too close to the robin's nest. Sounded more like swearing than singing tho.

yup! wish I had a bat box.

once

nope

just because I could doesn't mean I would. I hate heights.

Gee whizzikers, it's about time for me to call it a day and post these questions. My kitties, Alph and Meggie, say hello to all of you and I say nighty night. Have a terrific Tuesday!

thanks, Pam.

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,537,173 times
  • stripes?
  • polka dots?
  • houndstooth?
  • plaid?
  • paisley?
  • tie dye?
  • flowers? I have 2 t-shirts that have flowers on them. I got them for $1.00 each
Skirts and blouses or a dress. Fairly conservative.

Have you ever worn socks with sandals? Not with sandals but I have gone outside at my house in socks and my flip flops. It's a terrible look

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When was the last time you walked barefoot outdoors? Yesterday

If you had the opportunity, would you walk in mud just for the fun of it? Sure

Have you ever been outside during a rain shower and tilted your head back so you could catch raindrops in your mouth? Yes

If you own an umbrella, what does it look like? A plain black Totes.

Tell us about one of your favorite active games (as opposed to board games, cards, etc.) when you were a kid. (E.g., tag, Red Rover, jump rope, statues.) Hopscotch, jump rope, handball, volleyball. badminton, frisbee, and kickball.

Did you have a hiding place when you were a kid? Multiple ones.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever had a bird eat out of your hand? No

Have you ever heard a bird talk? Yes

When was the last time you heard a bird sing? I can hear them now

Do you think bats are cool? They are OK...like mice with wings.

Have you ever seen a flying squirrel? No

Have you ever seen a flying fish? Yes

If you suddenly developed the ability to fly, where would you fly first? Just get me out of the rain please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics