Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,177,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
how do ya earn rep point? lol.... i haven't read up on that one yet.
For writing a good, informative posts. It looks like you are doing great already! You have 21 (you start with 10). You can give pts to others when you like what they said. You click on the icon for reps to give them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 PM

613 posts, read 798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
For writing a good, informative posts. It looks like you are doing great already! You have 21 (you start with 10). You can give pts to others when you like what they said. You click on the icon for reps to give them.

thank you! i finally figured it out a little while ago.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,082,286 times
I don't have a routine yet,so I just click click click read click click click may post may not click click read etc.....

Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 PM

613 posts, read 798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
I don't have a routine yet,so I just click click click read click click click may post may not click click read etc.....
lol lol lol

lol lol lol

Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 PM

944 posts, read 3,957,117 times
I'm here for social reasons, so I've got it bookmarked as:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/usercp.php
That's the User Control Panel and the first thing I look at is the threads I've posted in. I click them one-by-one to see what's been posted and I often reply to them. This tends to keep me limited to only a few conversations and I miss out on a lot of the new stuff.

I only check the user reputation points if I notice a sudden up-tick, then I want to see what it's about.

The way I get notified of PM's is by e-mail so I never look at that part of the page.

After I've worn out all the ongoing conversations I'm involved with, I look for new threads in the "other topics", "Austin", "California" and random other portions of the site. Sometimes I start a new thread if I've got an itch to get a new controversy brewing. I love controversy!

Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,110,582 times
First I'll check my PMs, if I have one, which is rare. Then I scroll down, and go into Missouri (where we are moving to next year), New Jersey (where we are now) and Pennsylvania (where I used to live). I continue on to U.S. and then Other Topics; I'll usually check About the Forum and Classifieds too.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,564,152 times
Default There's a routine?!

Well, I usually start with the Los Angeles forum, and then I go to the California forum to check out other CA cities if anything looks interesting. From there I go to the U.S. "other topics" or "general U.S."... It wouldn't be bad if I did this once or twice a day. I'd be embarrassed to admit how often I wander around this site!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:03 PM

944 posts, read 3,957,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'd be embarrassed to admit how often I wander around this site!
Forum addiction is common, probably just below p-graphy and video games on the addiction scale but maybe I'm leaving out gambling and a few dozen other addictions.

I've had major problems with web forums in the past, where I'll get so into it that I don't even get dressed all day, I just sit at my computer and next thing I know the sun is setting and my dog is PLEADING with me to take her for a walk and feed her! That's pretty bad, so I think you're probably way better than some of us.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 PM

421 posts, read 349,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
sssshhhhh....i'm at work when i check the forums. In between posting! I'm in AP, so I sit here and have my head in the monitor all day, so I keep the forums minimized on my desktop and check it throughout the day. Keeps me from getting bored!

I mostly look in the "other topics" and TEXAS and CALIFORNIA. I like reading about how the Californians talk about how expensive it has gotten to live in SO CAL, and all the feedback from everyone. I like talking about TEXAS and hearing what everyone else has to say about it. I feel like I have made some friends on here and feel like we've known each other forever!

Me Too!! same here I'm in AP in the computer all day. Feels like I've made friends too

Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,402,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well for me I read pm first if I have any then go to North Carolina, other topics, General US, Houston, Texas most of the time in that order. Then check it way to many times during the day. I'm trying to cut back, but it's hard I enjoy it so much! I think the games are really fun (you can tell if you see how many post I haven in them ).
So you lived in N.C. may I ask where and how long and what did you think of it?
I lived right outside of Raleigh, only for a few months and I have to say, as much as I'd love to agree with your username , I didn't care for it, for either Raleigh as a city or North Carolina as a state for a good many reasons, many of which others have expressed in anti-North Carolina threads and posts on this board. I really just am and was sort of flummoxed as to why and how it had become such a magnet for people because there didn't seem to be anything particularly great, or even noteworthy, about it to me. But take my opinion with a grain of salt. I was only there for a few months, and I was sort of in a screwy situation while being there.

Thinking back on it, I'm sort of confused how I even wound up there. I was living in Atlanta, got sick of it and somehow found myself migrating up to Raleigh. Then circumstances out of my control necessitated a move away, although I'd have moved away soon thereafter regardless just due to a general distaste of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics