Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 04:31 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,060,987 times

Advertisements

So I was just wondering what is everyone's daily routine like including weekends?

Is it a lot of working and not much play? Or a lot of play and a little bit of work, lol.

I was just curious. I feel like I'm working a lot w/ very little play and am wondering what other people's lives are like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 04:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,377,422 times
Mine mostly, work, work, work and then be on call for work, it's not much fun.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:35 PM

431 posts, read 1,223,322 times
Default Not much fun. (oops, LONG)

I am an at home mom and I do some work on the side so that I can still stay home (can I say what I do ? or is that advertising ? I promise it's not illegal, lol!).

My hubby works overtime almost every Saturday all day long, but here lately they have been cutting back on overtime. He is an industrial mechanic at a large corporation and he's the 2nd shift supervisor in maintenance so weekends are when they get a lot of their work done w/o other employees getting in the way.

He's been on 2nd shift for all 10 years of our marriage !

Anyway, just this past Saturday his work hosted a family fun day with inflatables for the kids, tons of free food and drinks, cotton candy, games , face painting, free family picture, and tours of the factory. Then we went up to the fairgrounds for a free car show and Aaron Tippin concert !!!

It was an awesome day. I looked at hubby when we got home and said "do you know how long it's been since we just...had...FUN ? we NEEDED this !" He agreed. I feel so much closer to him now getting to see where he works, his toolbox, his coworkers, and all the things he does/works on /etc. In 10 years I had never seen the inside of where he worked because it's a hard hat area and family is not allowed inside !

Anyway, if he does have a weekend off we mostly spend time together as a family and we don't do much. We may visit other family members. Once in a great while we will find a sitter for both kids and get a date night.

I am 30, he's 32. I told him we need to start having more fun and investing more time in our marriage now that our kids are getting older and easier for someone else to keep. (9 and 3).

Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,192,746 times
It all work and no play most all the time......so thats why we come here to share..
So get to know your way around and have some fun. Hollar at me sometime when your on and I'll shout back at ya. Welcome aboard..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics