Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 10:24 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,928,379 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. It was a maroon, 1950ish Humber -- a British car -- that my Dad helped me choose.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Nope.

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? My Dad.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Sorry -- too long ago. I don't remember.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? Another nope.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? I don't really pay attention to gas prices.

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? A few months ago.

Do you like scented candles? I do.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? Not any more -- too many people in the various groups I spend time with are allergic.

What's your favorite scent to wear? Tabu.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? Shower.

When was the last time you had your hair cut? A week ago.

What did you last cook? Sweetcorn fritters.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? About 12.

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? McDonald's breakfast sandwich with hash browns.

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. A fabulous rotini meal at a new Italian restaurant. Homemade pasta and bread. Delicious!

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? Maybe six months ago.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Blue raspberry.

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: Lemon.

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? I like it with butter and a little salt and pepper. I'll occasionally add parmesan cheese.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? Microwave.

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Yes. Chinese.

Thanks Pam! Happy day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 10:32 AM

24,683 posts, read 26,256,936 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned.
A $3.00 1939 Studebaker Business Coupe.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school?
Pretty much self taught, but did take a class in HS.

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you?

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license?
Yes I did.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?
No

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid?
$3.??

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?
Years ago on a birthday cake at home.

Do you like scented candles?
Meh

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?
No

What's your favorite scent to wear?
No favorite.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath?
Bath

When was the last time you had your hair cut?
Feb, I'm way past due.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?
Probably burgers dogs or steaks.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for?
10-15

What were the contents of your last take-out food order?
Chinese, hot galena beef and bell pepper with fried rice.

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant.
Calamari and baked Ziti.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet?
2 weeks ago.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Strawberry

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: None

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?
Buttered with a little salt.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?
Mostly microwave or one of these.

FunTime 2.5oz Rock'N Popper Popcorn Machine Maker Retro Style - FT2518 | eBay

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home?
Yep, Chinese and Italian.

Thanx PJ, early as it is popcorn sound good.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:58 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,622,816 times
Mornin' all!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Ooh, I love this story! In early 1981, I bought a 1973 Dodge Charger SE. It was red with a black top.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school?
I did.

N/A

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license?
I did. Whew!

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?
Probably, but it's been so long ago I've forgotten all about it.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid?
Probably $4.something/gallon. In contrast, when I got my 1998 Plymouth Neon in 1999, gas prices were so low that when I pre-paid for $10.00 worth of gas in a virtually empty tank I had to go back into the station to get my change!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Saturday night at church for our Beltane celebration.

Depends on the scent. Some strong, perfumey or flowery scents can throw me into a migraine.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?
Not regularly.

Fresh, clean scents appeal to me most, like cucumber melon, citrus, pine-ish, etc. And they seem to be safe for me.

It's pretty utilitarian to me; I don't care to stay in either very long. Wash up and get moving or go to bed, depending on the time of day.

January 2016.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?
Last night I cooked farro with mushrooms and asparagus.

I've made 400 crepes for crepe brunch fundraisers. No telling how many people that fed.

Probably vegetable lo mein.

I think it was the mac & cheese at Panera Bread. I have a gift card, so it was free. That makes it extra yummy!

Last night I had vanilla ice cream topped with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: _ Lime! _

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _ Jelly Belly's peach! _

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?
Most favorite, movie popcorn with extra "butter." Second favorite, caramel corn, then cheese.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?
I've done both, depending on how much time I have.

I have not.

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Time for some homemade egg nog pancakes!
Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday!
Same to you Pam! Thanx for the fun Qs.
Have a good day everyone!

Old 05-02-2017, 11:30 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,206,798 times
'67 Best car I've ever had and ever will have.

Don't know why I left out the fact it was a "67 Camaro.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:58 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,882,870 times
[quote=PJSinger;48016982]Howdy doody, kids! Now that we've all survived Monday, let's get right down to business with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. It was a 69 Camaro
Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Yes and my boyfriend taught me how to drive his Mustang with a 428 CJ engine and 4 on the floor. I'll never forget that car.

Mostly in school and a few times with my father.
Yes to both. I also went on to get a class C in my 20's and passed both the first time.
I remember my brother failing twice but I don't remember why.
My car takes premium and it was around $5 a gallon.

BONUS QUESTIONS

About 3 weeks ago when I scared the crap out of the teenagers with the psychic circle.
They're very unhealthy.
Very alergic.

A shower.
Maybe a month.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?
Home made spaghetti.
Around 70.
It was a salad and pizza for the teenagers last Saturday.
It was a Chinese buffet after ice skating on Monday.
Monday.
Your favorite flavor of popsicle: _Lime_______________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _______________

White cheddar.
Stove top with a whirly pop.

Just Chinese.

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday!

Thanks Pam you too dear one.

It's house cleaning day today. I really want to go to a nursery and buy a tree but it's awful out there. Muddy, wet and very cold.

Old 05-02-2017, 02:33 PM

7,371 posts, read 2,767,336 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. Twas a forest green Plymouth

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Nope

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? My dad taught all of us kids

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yes

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? No

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? Just under $4.00 a few years ago

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? A couple of weeks ago.

Do you like scented candles? Yes

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? No

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? Shower

When was the last time you had your hair cut? Yesterday

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? Spaghetti

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? About 12

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Green chile cheeseburger and onion rings

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. NM style enchiladas with beans, rice and an order of guacamole

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? Had some ice cream last night

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: __Strawberry or banana______________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: ___I don't care for jelly beans____________

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? Kettle corn

Stovetop

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? No.

Thanks Pam. Happy Tuesday everyone.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:37 PM

658 posts, read 363,848 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. It was a small car.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? No.

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? Driving instructor.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? No.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? No.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? 9$

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? Can't remember.

Do you like scented candles? Yes.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? No.

What's your favorite scent to wear? None.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? Bath

When was the last time you had your hair cut? Summer.

What did you last cook? Yesterday.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? 3 or 4.

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Pizza

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. Pizza

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? Can't recall.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Whatever takes my fancy.

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: Whatever takes my fancy.

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? Toffee.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? Out of a bag.

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Yes.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 5 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,303,581 times
Howdy doody, kids! Now that we've all survived Monday, let's get right down to business with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. ..........1979 Ford Thunderbird

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school?..........No

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you?.............I was a country kid, I drove long before I could reach the gas pedal or see over the steering wheel. I was eight when I drove for the first time.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? .........Yes

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?...........No

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid?.........High 4 dollar range and I had a big SUV to fill up. OUCH!!

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?.........Last week

Do you like scented candles?..........Yes

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?.........Yes

What's your favorite scent to wear?..............I still have a bottle of Unforgivable Woman. I always get compliments when I wear it. I can't get it anymore.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath?........Shower only for me.

When was the last time you had your hair cut? ..........A couple of weeks ago.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?..........Pork steaks on the grill.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for?.............15 probably

What were the contents of your last take-out food order?........A hamburger and fries

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant...........It was a 1/2 club sandwich with soup at O'Charley's. I love to eat there.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet?..........I had a small vanilla today.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: _____Cherry___________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: ______Lemon_________

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?.........Kettle

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?..........Microwave

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home?.........We don't have delivery out where we live.

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics