Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 04:10 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,653,167 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. well, there's the first car I helped pay for (but didn't drive - only my husband did) - and then there's the first car that was all mine and I actually drove it. Had that one just about a year. It was lots of trouble but I loved it and got teary when I abandoned it for my current car.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school?no but I did take the desk portion of one of those

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you?oh gosh. Well, that happened twice. Both times as an adult. Once was in my twenties - my friend/boss husband took me out in her car maybe three times. Second time was a few years ago - my husband taught me. I didn't drive in between the two teaching times.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? yes - on a 5 speed manual transmission during rush hour in the city. That was my saving grace, actually - that and no parallel parking as part of the test.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?i didn't have a mishap but I drove my friends car, unlicensed, from Virginia to DC one day - and then again to my test - passed the test, drove her car back to her the next day, and never drove again until my husband re-taught me a few years ago.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid?something like 2.80

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?cant recall. I don't really like candles in that girly kinda way - if you know what I mean.

Do you like scented candles?no - see above

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?yes - often

What's your favorite scent to wear?it varies - most of my favorites aren't usual department store brands. I know people who wear mark Jacobs daisy - and a certain Calvin Klein one, though - I always love how they smell. Ok that sounds sorta goofy lol.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath?shower

When was the last time you had your hair cut? too long - over 5 weeks I think. I get it cut today - yay!

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! omigosh how exciting!!!

What did you last cook?jambalaya - my version

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for?i guess that'd be at a pot luck

What were the contents of your last take-out food order?maybe Taco Bell double decker taco - not sure

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant.lamb burger on terrific bread at a Bosnian place - with apricot juice to drink. Oh man it was good!

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet?chocolate Haagen Dazs last night at home

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: ________________orange, lemon, or banana

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _______________citrus

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?caramel or maybe cheesy

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?no

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home?yes but I've never had any food delivered since we've lived here - over 6 years. Had it delivered to work though.

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday! thanks for all the questions! Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 04:22 AM

11,429 posts, read 9,363,168 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. - An awful memory. Passing. I've put the story up before...

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? - Yes

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you?

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? - Failed parking the first time.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? - I was in a car with a student who ran off the road.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? - $4.32

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?
- Probably during a power outage. It's been about 10 years.

Do you like scented candles? - Just okay. I do not use them.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? - No

What's your favorite scent to wear? - N/A

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? - Prefer showers

When was the last time you had your hair cut? - April 22.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?
- Sauteed mushrooms, onion, and garlic to top pizza.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? - Including me, 3

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? - I rarely do this. If pizza counts then a few days ago.

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. - Another I rarely do. Salmon and lentils about 6 weeks ago. It was at a diner.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? - A few days ago.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Haven't had one in decades but it would be cherry.

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: - I do not eat them

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? - Ditto above answer.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? - N/A

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? - Ever, yes. But it's been many years, and that includes pizza.

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday! - Thanks, Pam. Nice job.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Old 05-02-2017, 06:01 AM

126,442 posts, read 19,210,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Howdy doody, kids! Now that we've all survived Monday, let's get right down to business with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. Volkswagen Beetle

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? No

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? I took classes,had an instructor in my later years

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yes

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? No

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? I don't remember exactly but it definitely was over $1.40 or more

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? Every morning while having breakfast

Do you like scented candles? Yes I do but I do not keep them in my house

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? No I do not only on special occasion

What's your favorite scent to wear? I used to like Lancôme but changed over to 4711 is a traditional German Eau de Cologne

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? I prefer showers

When was the last time you had your hair cut? I trimmed my hair couple of days ago

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? I made last night stir fry with shrimp,asparagus and red Bell peppers and basmati rice.
Ingredients:
olive oil
shrimp
asparagus
red bell peppers
red chili/ginger/garlic
soy sauce and lemon juice

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? At least 20 and up.the more the merrier

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Last time I ordered a pizza

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. Recently fish and chips in beer batter and a local draft beer

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? I had Saturday mint chocolate and Jamocha ice cream

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Vanilla in the inside,orange sherbet on the outside

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: None

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? Just plain,no salt,no butter

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? Stove top

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Yes food was catered to our home several times when having a big celebration/party and reunion

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday!

Thank you Pammy

Old 05-02-2017, 06:12 AM

4,865 posts, read 3,681,624 times
[

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. 1962 Chevy Nova

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Yes

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? Dad taught me

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yes

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? no

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? $4.50 in Seattle area

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? a month ago

Do you like scented candles? they are ok

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? Azuree by Estee Lauder, Beauty by Calvin Klein, For Her by Narcisco Rodriguez, anything Tom Ford.

What's your favorite scent to wear? see above

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? bath

When was the last time you had your hair cut? 4/29/17.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for?

What were the contents of your last take-out food order?

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet?

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: ________________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _______________

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home?

Okay, now that I've gotten everyone hungry for a snack, it's time to sign off till next Tuesday. Be well, be safe, be happy. And have a terrific Tuesday!

.[/quote]

Old 05-02-2017, 06:12 AM

36,537 posts, read 16,118,422 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. It was a green 52 olds. Monster.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Yes, basic

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? My Mom.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Barely passed the drivers test and that parallel parking thing.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? 4.50

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?A few days ago in the living room.

Do you like scented candles? Yes, but diffusing essential oils more now.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?

What's your favorite scent to wear? Just clean scents.

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? I like both.

When was the last time you had your hair cut? End of March, then I recut it myself last week

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? Some sausage and eggs for a client.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? Not many

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Mexican food, beef quesadilla

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. Can't remember.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? It's been a very long time.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: _______________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _____ Cherry__________

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)?

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop?

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Nobody delivers out here

Old 05-02-2017, 06:18 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,458,679 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. My first car that ran was a 1953 Chevy.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? I knew how to drive before my high school driver's training in a 1963 Ford Fairlane.

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? About 1960/61. I was 10 or 11 years old. My dad sort of taught me.

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yes.

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? No.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? I think it was a little over $4.00 a gallon.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? Can't recall.

Do you like scented candles? Sure.

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? Nope.

What's your favorite scent to wear?

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath?

When was the last time you had your hair cut? A few weeks ago.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? Ham and cheese biscuits this morning.

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? Three or four.

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Dairy Queen steak finger basket.

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. An enchilada plate.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? I had ice cream last week.

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: __cherry__________

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: __licorice________

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? I'm sure I have.

Thanks PJ.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:23 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,323,370 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. 1970 Chevy Nova from my Uncle

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? That and my parents

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? see above

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yes I did

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? I never have. I had a friend in high school who failed the driving test, but he never told me why.

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? Can't remember exactly, but low $4's.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? Hanukkah. Oh wait, I screwed that candle in....been a while I guess.

Do you like scented candles? Have a "rich creamy chocolate" candle on my desk

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? Every day

What's your favorite scent to wear? Pi

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? Shower

When was the last time you had your hair cut? A few weeks ago - do it every 5 weeks

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? Chicken and vegetables for dinner last night

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? Near 20 for Thanksgiving on several occasions. Same count for summer barbecues.

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? Chinese mix and match dinner - spare ribs on bone, shrimp egg foo yong, special house rice

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. Steamed fish and vegetables

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? Ice cream last night...almost every night...Chocolate!! And can't forget the jimmies and Torani sauce, both chocolate of course

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Haven't had a popsicle since I was a kid, but cherry.
Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: Thanks to Jelly Belly, many

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? Buttered

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? Microwave

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Chinese!!

Have a great day everyone

Old 05-02-2017, 07:10 AM

7,422 posts, read 5,529,852 times
Howdy doody, kids! Now that we've all survived Monday, let's get right down to business with[/color][/b]

[b] TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned. a red Monza 2+2. They don't make them anymore.

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? yes

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? yes

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? no

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? like around $5

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? sometime this past winter

Do you like scented candles? yes

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? only when I go out somewhere at night and I'm semi dressed up

What's your favorite scent to wear? Jasmine or White Musk

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? shower

When was the last time you had your hair cut? a few weeks ago

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? stuffed shells

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? 16

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? a pork tenderloin sandwich with vole slaw

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. two eggs, two pieces of bacon, two pieces of toast at IHOP.

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? I had a hot fudge sundae last night at home

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Cherry___

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: Cherry ____

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? heavily buttered.

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? microwave

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? yes.

.[/quote]

Old 05-02-2017, 08:02 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,654,016 times
Tell us about the first car you ever owned. '61 Chevy

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school? Didn't have it then at my school

If not, when did you learn to drive and who taught you? My parents at 16. They wouldn't let me any earlier

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license? Yup

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test? Nope

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid? Somewhere around $3.50-$4

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle? The other day

Do you like scented candles? Yup

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis? Yup

What's your favorite scent to wear? Axe Phoenix body spray

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath? Shower

When was the last time you had your hair cut? About a month ago

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook? Cooking breakfast right now

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for? I think 15

What were the contents of your last take-out food order? KFC.

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant. Ponderosa Steak House buffet

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet? Last month. Bought some ice cream to make us root beer floats. Somebody had to eat the rest of the ice cream! lol

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: Grape

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: Don't really have a favorite

What's your favorite kind of popcorn (e.g., buttered, cheesy, kettle corn, garlic salt)? Buttered

If you eat popcorn at home, do you cook it in the microwave, in a popper or on the stovetop? I pop mine in a popper on the stove, No microwave popcorn in our house!

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home? Nope

Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,543,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Howdy doody, kids! Now that we've all survived Monday, let's get right down to business with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about the first car you ever owned.
1970's Buick Apollo
pea green in color

Did you learn how to drive in a driver's training class in high school?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Yes[/color]

Did you pass the written and road tests the first time you went to a license branch to get your driver's license?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Written 1st time. Road, no. Missed by one point[/color]

Did you ever have a mishap, or do you know anyone who had a mishap, during a driver's training course or road test?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]No[/color]

Gasoline prices are not nearly as bad now as they were a few years ago. What's the highest price per gallon (or Imperial gallon) that you ever paid?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Hmmm..I think $4.65 about 6 to 7 years back
[/color]

BONUS QUESTIONS

When and where was the last time you burned a candle?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]2 weeks ago in the living room[/color]

Do you like scented candles?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]No they give me a headache[/color]

Do you wear a fragrance (e.g., perfume, cologne, scented lotion) on a regular basis?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]No it gives me a headache. If I ever do it is natural essential oils
[/color]
What's your favorite scent to wear?

If time were not a factor, would you prefer to take a shower or a bath?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Bath[/color]

When was the last time you had your hair cut?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Never. I always get all my hair cut, not just one [/color]

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What did you last cook?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]fettucini and a hamburger[/color]

What's the largest number of people you ever cooked for?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Oh boy, its been awhile[/color]

What were the contents of your last take-out food order?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]cheeseburger Culvers[/color]

Describe the last meal you ate in a restaurant.
Buffalo wings, grilled cheese, and a salad along with a Wheat Beer

When was the last time you ate ice cream, sherbet, gelato or sorbet?
I don't like ice cream much

Your favorite flavor of popsicle: ________________
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Rootbeer and banana[/color]

Your favorite flavor of jelly bean: _______________

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]bacon and butter on top. YUM[/color]

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Old fashion popping on the stove[/color]

Have you ever had food other than pizza delivered to your home?
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Chinese[/color]

Be safe and happy too PJSinger and everyone else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics