Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 01:18 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,900,311 times

Advertisements

[quote=linda814;46560532]I guess the joke is on Exede Internet.. The speed is pretty much the same in time out AKA data restriction. .I am such a rebel...

Asked Josh to pick a number. . He said 25..Bstyet2b wins this week....

1. What kind of pen do you regularly use?
What ever is handy.
2.Do you ever give tickets away to a sporting event, concert etc that you suddenly cannot go to or do you try to sell them?
Nope not yet.
3. What disappoints you about people?
Unkindness, hate, lies, alcoholism.
4. Do you ever spring for lunch or dinner with a friend and just tell them to pick it up next time?
All the time. Actually most of the time.
5.Secret__life.__________

6. Have you watched any corny Christmas movies?
Lucille wanted to watch Christmas In Connecticut on the home theater after I went with her to her church's Christmas program. It was snowing like crazy and we went for a late night walk with the dogs. There was deer in the park. Did you ever just have one of those days that was total magic?
7. Do you think you are fun...a people magnet?
Yes but more so with kids. Our friends 4 year old was sitting on my lap and didn't want to go home. Their parents asked her if she wanted to stay with us and without missing a beat she said yes.
8. Would you rather.... please pick one
Dog sit
Pet sit,<---------------------
Babysit
Plant sit
Sit at a kettle at Christmas
Sit through a boring insurance and tax seminar

9.Do you feed wild animals in winter...birds.. squirrels...etc?
I used to but Monsoon killed two mice in our house this year. I've never seen one in the house before ever but two in one year is two too many. I saw him playing with a live one in our dining room two nights ago. It disappeared before I could get something to catch it with. We bought a humane trap and I put food and water in it and made a nice bed for the mouse. It would be our guest for a couple of nights until the weather warms up mid week and I could release it far far away. Sadly John found it dead in the laundry room this morning. I will use the humane trap all summer next year to catch and release them in the woods. Sorry birds, but no more feedings for awhile.
10. Who deserves the bag of coal in their stocking this year?
My ex friend Mr. Crabby pants.
11. Is there a celebrity or famous person who you thought you didn't like but you changed your mind about?
Rachel Maddow.
12. What is an item you would NEVER wear?
Anything made of animal fur or velvet.
13. Do you or did you ever have a fanny pack?
Nope.
14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce<------------------

15. Pick a number 00 -100.......
No
Dessert of the Day. I WANT THIS. ..
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake - Cooking Classy

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....SEE YA NEXT WEEK.

Thanks Linda. I think we're off to the movies and the lights at the arboretum later. The light show is supposed to be phenomenal. Probably skiing tomorrow. The snow will be gone before Christmas day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 02:02 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,242,536 times
Mostly just free giveaway pens or whatever other cheap pens are around.
2.Do you ever give tickets away to a sporting event, concert etc that you suddenly cannot go to or do you try to sell them?
Never had to do this before
Littering and dumping. There is no excuse. About a month ago I was telling a waitress I work with about how earlier that week I saw where someone dumped out their ashtray in a parking lot.
4. Do you ever spring for lunch or dinner with a friend and just tell them to pick it up next time?
Never done this either
5.Secret Box

No
Somewhat
Dog sit
Pet sit
Babysit
Plant sit This one. I hate having to pet sit for my neighbor, can't stand babies, and would rather not sit through a boring seminar.

The birds and squirrels.
The 30 people who had a Christmas party at the restaurant I work at.

They had reservations for 7, but many of them showed up late, and they didn't leave until 11:30 PM on Saturday. To make matters worse, I was bussing that night, and didn't feel good, but had to clean it all up. I said a few choice words about them when I got home, and let's just say it was worse than wishing they get coal in their stocking!

11. Is there a celebrity or famous person who you thought you didn't like but you changed your mind about?
Drew Carey. Initially, I didn't like him at all when he started hosting The Price is Right. He has gotten a lot better at it though. Still miss bob however.
A bra. I'm a guy!
I have one but don't think I've ever worn it.
14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce
Never had any of the above
15. Pick a number 00 -100....... 59

Old 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM

154 posts, read 134,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
1. What kind of pen do you regularly use? The one that writes.

3. What disappoints you about people? everything.

5.Secret____________

6. Have you watched any corny Christmas movies? Yes.

Dog sit Doing that.
Pet sit
Babysit Did that.
Plant sit
Sit through a boring insurance and tax seminar I avoid them at all costs.

9.Do you feed wild animals in winter...birds.. squirrels...etc? Yes.

12. What is an item you would NEVER wear? A tie.

13. Do you or did you ever have a fanny pack? No.

14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard Yes, when I can find it.
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce

15. Pick a number 00 -100.......

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:08 PM

154 posts, read 134,229 times
[quote=animalcrazy;46568020]
Quote:
Anything made of animal fur or velvet.
I used to think that artificial fur was better for the environment till someone said that real fur will break down in a short time when thrown away, but artificial fur will not rot and break down, and will be in a land fill for a long time after it's thrown away.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:59 PM

7,371 posts, read 2,770,693 times

1. What kind of pen do you regularly use? Papermate

2.Do you ever give tickets away to a sporting event, concert etc that you suddenly cannot go to or do you try to sell them? Never had any but I would probably give them away

3. What disappoints you about people? Rudeness, self-infatuation, thoughtlessness

4. Do you ever spring for lunch or dinner with a friend and just tell them to pick it up next time? Sure

5.Secret_Agent___________

6. Have you watched any corny Christmas movies? Not this year

7. Do you think you are fun...a people magnet? No

Dog sit definitely this one
Pet sit
Babysit
Plant sit

9.Do you feed wild animals in winter...birds.. squirrels...etc? Occasionally

10. Who deserves the bag of coal in their stocking this year? Far too many people to list

11. Is there a celebrity or famous person who you thought you didn't like but you changed your mind about? Not really

13. Do you or did you ever have a fanny pack? Nope

14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce
All of the above...just not all together

15. Pick a number 00 -100....... 61

Thanks for the questions, Linda. Hope you are all having a fun, safe week.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:33 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,786,333 times
Quote:
I guess the joke is on Exede Internet.. The speed is pretty much the same in time out AKA data restriction. .I am such a rebel...

Asked Josh to pick a number. . He said 25..Bstyet2b wins this week....

1. What kind of pen do you regularly use? A Bic ball point or one that I got from the bank.

2.Do you ever give tickets away to a sporting event, concert etc that you suddenly cannot go to or do you try to sell them? Did neither the one time we had tickets to see Genesis years ago.

3. What disappoints you about people? Their rudeness!

5.Secret___Agent Man_________. Who remembers this song?

6. Have you watched any corny Christmas movies? Not lately.

7. Do you think you are fun...a people magnet? Somewhat.

Dog sit
Pet sit
Babysit
Plant sit

9.Do you feed wild animals in winter...birds.. squirrels...etc? No.

10. Who deserves the bag of coal in their stocking this year? A couple of relatives.

12. What is an item you would NEVER wear? A Cone bra. Ha!

13. Do you or did you ever have a fanny pack? No and No.

14.Do you like. ... No to all listed.
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce

15. Pick a number 00 -100....... 7.

Have a safe and happy holiday, Linda.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:24 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,624,828 times
Evening all!

I prefer a Pilot pen, non-retractable, black ink, medium point.

First, I offer them to someone I know. If no one I know wants them, I will try to sell them, but only for what paid for them.

That we can't all put aside our differences and just make the world more peaceful.

Sure.

5.Secret Squirrel

Not yet. But I do enjoy A Christmas Story. It's set about 30 miles from where I live. And I also love It's a Wonderful Life.

I can be fun at times. But if I were a people magnet, I'd probably reverse my poles!

Pet sit. Almost any kind.

I'd say just the birds, but the squirrels and raccoons come by as well, much to my chagrin.

Can't think of anyone offhand.

Nah. I may notice their professional development (John Travolta, Ron Perlman), but I can't remember being won over by someone I previously didn't like.

Gold lamé pants.

Yep! Still love it for places I don't want to take my purse, but have too much for pockets. (It's okay, you can laugh. ) And I always wore it in front so people couldn't take my stuff if I was standing in a line. I never understood wearing them on your fanny.

14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish Somewhat. But a little bit goes a very long way!
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce

15. Pick a number 00 -100.......18 (I closed my eyes and hit the keypad)

Merry Christmas to you too, linda814

See everyone right back here again in just a few hours!
Have a good night/morning, whatever it is where you are.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:25 PM

9,513 posts, read 6,217,985 times
1. What kind of pen do you regularly use? I'll use whatever I can find for small stuff. For writing more than a signature I need a larger grip & I want Blue ink.

2.Do you ever give tickets away to a sporting event, concert etc that you suddenly cannot go to or do you try to sell them? I would likely give them away; I don't have much hustle (with that anyway)!

Blind Obedience.

Yes

5.Secret_Garden____

6. Have you watched any corny Christmas movies? Lots but not yet this year.

7. Do you think you are fun...a people magnet? Well; thats a long story! Yes; I'm a people magnet but I'm not sure if I'm "fun" ... more like a curiosity or even a novelty item. I've been told it's endearing & I'm ok with that.

Dog sit
Pet sit
Babysit
Plant sit

9.Do you feed wild animals in winter...birds.. squirrels...etc? Sometimes

10. Who deserves the bag of coal in their stocking this year? I read archived newspaper articles all the time & found an article from North Carolina in the 1920's that announced a county's first ever "Christmas Cheer" program & the 50 households most in need of "charity". And was surprised to note that the #1 most requested item for Christmas ... was coal.

11. Is there a celebrity or famous person who you thought you didn't like but you changed your mind about? Russel Brand

12. What is an item you would NEVER wear? High heels. You could not PAY me (trust me; some have tried).

13. Do you or did you ever have a fanny pack? Many

14.Do you like. ...
Horseradish
Sriracha
Hot mustard
Wasabi
Cocktail sauce

15. Pick a number 00 -100.. 49
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics