Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:06 AM

36,464 posts, read 16,071,101 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? What is one song that you really like, and who sings it?

I like new rock, alternative rock and classic rock. My favorite songs change as I hear new stuff,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7IHOXkiV8

^^Newest one I like.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight? Not much, suppose to get a little cooler. We don't change the clocks till Nov 6th

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
When was the last time you saw a:
dentist? I need to go, chipped a tooth.
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? It's been about a year or so.
general practitioner? Every 6 months.
other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,040 times
Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else?

I love modern indie pop.

Modern mainstream pop/rock/top 40, hardly at all. Maybe about 4% of it is listenable to me.

I love any era; whichever I'm in the mood for on any given day. My Pandora profile has stations from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s, classical, ragtime piano, orchestral, electronic dance, etc.

Least favorites: modern country, but some of the more classic stuff is tolerable. I even like some of it.
Hip hop does nothing for me. Screaming metal, no.

What is one song that you really like, and who sings it?

Helena Beat by Foster the People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0rPzlj11nI

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight?

Summer has been going for 6 months strong and it refuses to leave. I love summer, but past mid-July, I'm over it. I really hate our summers. So ready for nicer weather.

To answer the question, no.

Just for Fun:
Check up time!

dentist? A while.

optometrist/ophthalmoligist? I don't think I've ever been to an actual optometrist office. I've had to do vision tests for various things.

general practitioner? Oh my gosh, I haven't been in forever, nor will I go unless I'm falling apart.

other?

Last edited by KimFreebish; 09-21-2016 at 07:40 AM..

Old 09-21-2016, 07:59 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,482,073 times
It's that time again! Put your thinking caps on, (baseball cap here) and think about these questions...

Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? Music is running through my head almost always.

If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else?

Except for country, modern mainstream music shut down for me sometime in the 90s. Too many mass-marketed "bands" and
not enough real deal musicians getting into the pop charts.

What is one song that you really like, and who sings it? One of many.

Boston's More Than a Feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? A little.

Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? The oak trees have already started dropping acorns. Not much else.

If the changes are small, have you noticed the
changing amount of daylight? Sunrise is coming a little later every morning.

Just for Fun:
Check up time! Who is that? ^^ Looks like elnina!
dentist? Everyone's favorite.
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? Bifocals may be in my future.
general practitioner? Couple months ago.
other? I had my head examined, and they found nothing!

Old 09-21-2016, 08:28 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,915,837 times
Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? I am. If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? I like all kinds and can even listen to rap if it's clever. What is one song that you really like, and who sings it? I have a new Lisa Hannigan CD and there's one song, "Prayer for the Dying", that is incredibly moving.

Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight? Yes, I've noticed subtle changes like the shorter days and the cooler evenings.

Check up time!
dentist? Couple of months ago.
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? Couple of years ago.
general practitioner? A year or more, but I saw her NP three weeks ago.
other? Dermatologist -- a month ago.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 09-21-2016, 08:52 AM

39,003 posts, read 23,001,068 times
Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? I sure am. If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? Popular music from my college years, i.e., the 80s. What is one song that you really like, and who sings it? Too many to name.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Somewhat. Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? Very subtle. If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight? I've noticed it gets darker earlier.

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
dentist? About 3 weeks ago.
optometrist/ophthalmologist? 2.5 years ago.
general practitioner? Over 5 years ago.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Old 09-21-2016, 09:07 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,404,234 times
It's that time again! Put your thinking caps on, and think about these questions...

Today's Question(s): http://s5.tinypic.com/11u8fes_th.jpg
Are you a fan of music? If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? What is one song that you really like, and who sings it? If by modern you mean rock, pop and country music of the last few years, yes, much of it. I also like some older rock and pop and some older country as well as some western, some blue grass, some Cajun, some American and foreign pop, country and folk and some classical. . . (Did I leave anything out?) In general, if the notes and the rhythm can be discerned by my aging ears, I'll probably listen to it.

However, these days I find myself paying more attention to music geared to the rural life I grew up in and have selected to return to. There are too many songs I could call favorites but here's one that came to mind as I wrote this reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVge9b4GBNE

Bonus Question(s): http://s5.tinypic.com/14bs212_th.jpg
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Yes.
Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight? Out here we tend to have two seasons, winter and summer and the small changes between them are only days in length when the wind will howl soulfully.

Just for Fun: http://s5.tinypic.com/2cpdam8_th.jpg
Check up time!
dentist? Several years ago in Mexico.
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? Several years ago in Mexico.
general practitioner? Two months ago at Lubbock.
other?

Good questions PC.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:01 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,237,653 times
Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music? If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? What is one song that you really like, and who sings it?

Yes, both new and old.

I'll pick one I've been liking a lot lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6z_NfTe6SI

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet? Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live? If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight?
I've noticed some changes. It's definitely a little cooler out, more tolerable, but it's still hot.

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
dentist? Not for about 12 or 13 years
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? It's been years also
general practitioner? Last time was about 2 years ago, just for a flu shot.
other?

Old 09-21-2016, 10:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 26,100,212 times
Today's Question(s):
Are you a fan of music?
Yes, but not as much as I used to.

If so, do you like modern music, more of the kind of music that was popular when you were younger, or something else? What is one song that you really like, and who sings it?
Mostly late 50's and 60's music, no one song really sticks out, maybe because of the aging process.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you noticed the changing of the season yet?
Yep

Or are the changes more subtle, or virtually nonexistent where you live?
They are subtle.

If the changes are small, have you noticed the changing amount of daylight?
Summer is in it's dying stage, mornings are cooler and the sun is rising later.

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
dentist?last week
optometrist/ophthalmoligist?last year
general practitioner?last August
other? dermatologist B]last August[/b]

Thanx PatsCats.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:46 AM

3,093 posts, read 1,694,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

It's that time again! Put your thinking caps on, and think about these questions...

Today's Question(s):

I'm a music junkie, and my tastes run like this:
Blues
Earlier rock (pre-90's)
Motown soul
Zydeco and cajun

One song I love is "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain.

Bonus Question(s):

Fall has been setting in EARLY here. Trees have already been changing color and it started cooling off too soon after too shorta summer. I am NOT ready for fall!

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
dentist? 5 months ago
optometrist/ophthalmoligist? About 4 months ago.
general practitioner? About 9 months ago.
other? Cardiologist about 9 months ago.

Have a good day everyone!
Happy Humps to all!

Old 09-21-2016, 11:19 AM

61,967 posts, read 87,612,175 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):

Depends on my mood at the time, I like all kinds of music except country (can't stomach the lyrics
I do prefer classical music for relaxation and contemplating. I also like total silence.
When I was younger there was The 80's - the greatest music ever!
Last 10 years or so, I am fond of Adele.

Bonus Question(s):
Not much of foliage change where I live. I have to drive north or east to see any. It starts late there, after Thanksgiving.
http://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/parkinfo/seasonal/foliage/

Just for Fun:
Check up time!
dentist?
I go to my dentist at least once a year to get a routine examination and cleaning. Don't have many problems with my teeth.
optometrist/ophthalmoligist?
Every 3-4 years? I don't wear glasses anymore. Just reading glasses when my eyes get really tired.
general practitioner?
Didn't see any in decade or longer.
other?
None. Thank goodness.

Today in History:
Birthday: 1866 H.G. Wells, English author in Literature & Fiction, Science Fiction & Fantasy, History (d. 08-13-1946)
Arts/Entertainment: 1973 Jackson Pollock's painting "Blue Poles" sold for $2,000,000
Sports: 1997 New York Yankee Cecil Fielder hits his 300th home run
Science/Technology: 2014 NASA Mars probe MAVEN is on track to enter the planet's orbit after a 10-month journey; the probe will collect data for a year on the upper Martian atmosphere to potentially answer questions about climate change on the planet

Today’s Word:
ubermensch
Pronunciation: (OO-buhr-mensch)
Meaning: noun:
An ideal man; also used ironically.
Etymology: From German Übermensch (superman), from über (over) + Mensch (man). In Nietzschean philosophy, an Übermensch is an ideal superior being.
Earliest documented use: 1902.

Today is:
International Banana Festival
International Peace Day
Miniature Golf Day
National Pecan Cookie Day
National Rehabilitation Day
School Backpack Awareness Day
World's Alzheimer's Day
World Gratitude Day

Quote of the Day:
"Leaders should lead as far as they can and then vanish. Their ashes should not choke the fire they have lit." ~ H.G. Wells ~ <<< good one!

Have a good day everyone!
Thank you PatCats!
Have a great day, peeps!!

Last edited by elnina; 09-21-2016 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics