Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:48 AM

24,660 posts, read 26,218,457 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?
Used to go to a few years ago, the ones we liked have gone down hill and overly crowded.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer?Rarely
hand lotion?Never
aloe vera gel?I do have a large aloe vera plant that gets used now and then.
sun block?Occasionally
lip balm?Never

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions?
The mind is willing, the body, not so much.

Can you do any named dances?
No

Thanx PatsCats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 10:16 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,218,762 times
Pot roast 2 is in the Crock Pot and smellin' real good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!
Welcome to Wednesday's Questions! Grab a cuppa, and sit for a bit with the following Qs...

Hello Pat, hello cats and hello everyone! Are ya eatin'?

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?

I like festivals but only when the weather is comfortable. I love the festival foods!
Renaissance Festival, Garlic Festival, South Florida Fair...oh, and the sweet corn festival, too.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer?
hand lotion?
aloe vera gel?
sun block?
lip balm?

None and never, except for the wipes on the shopping cart handles at the market, as superSatx Dave said.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances?

I don't like dancing but romantic dancing is good.

Today in History:
Arts/Literature: 2010 Photographic negatives purchased at a garage sale prove to be early works by American photographer Ansel Adams
Birthday: 1824 Alexandre Dumas Fils, French writer (d. 11-27-1895)
Entertainment: 1940 Billboard magazine starts publishing bestseller charts
Science/Technology: 1988 Radio Shack announces Tandy 1000 SL computer
Sports: 1997 Detroit Tigers retire pitching great Hal Newhouser's #16

Today’s Word:
compunctious
Pronunciation: (kuhm-PUNGK-shuhs)
Meaning: adjective: Feeling remorse or guilt.
Etymology: From Latin compungere (to prick hard), from com- (intensive prefix) + pungere (to prick). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peuk- (to prick), which is also the source of point, puncture, pungent, punctual, poignant, pounce, poniard, impugn, oppugn, and pugnacious.
Earliest documented use: 1616.

Today is:
Barbie-in-a-blender Day Oh Nooooooo! Mr. Bill!
National Creme Brulee Day
National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
Nationl Scotch Whisky Day
Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day
Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
Walk on Stilts Day

Quote of the Day:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits." ~ Alexandre Dumas Fils ~

Have a good day everyone!
Thanks for the fun fun, Pat! And thank your cats, too! It smells like the House of Garlic in here!

Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 AM

44,456 posts, read 20,219,930 times

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? Sometimes. I have to be in the right mood to deal with the crowds. It's been a few years since I last attended one. If so what are some of your favorites? My favorite type is art fairs. My town has a huge Popcorn Festival the first Saturday after Labor Day, and it draws 80K to 90K people. (Popcorn mogul Orville Redenbacher was born in, and developed his hybrid popping corn in, my town.) I used to enjoy going, but not so much anymore. There are hundreds of craft booths, and I don't need any more crap (er, I mean crafts) in my house. There are scores of food booths, and I don't need the junk food in my diet. They usually have some good bands on stage throughout the day and evening, and I enjoy listening to them (unless it's country music and then I'm outta there).

Year ago, I used to go to Taste of Chicago, a huge food fair, every summer. After the first several years and a price increase each year, it just wasn't worth it to me anymore. But when I went I had a blast. Festivals in and near Chicago are always great fun!

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Rarely
hand lotion? A couple times a day in winter; rarely in summer
aloe vera gel? Never
sun block? Whenever I know I'll be out in the sun for more than 20-30 minutes.
lip balm? Every night before I go to bed. In winter, 2 or 3 times during the day as well.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? I love to dance, as long as it's not one of those annoying "dances" such as the Macarena or Chicken Dance. And when they play that electric slide thing I can never get it! The song is over by the time I figure out which way to move. Can you do any named dances? Can - yes. Do - no.

Today’s Word:
compunctious
Etymology: From Latin compungere (to prick hard), from com- (intensive prefix) + pungere (to prick). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peuk- (to prick), which is also the source of point, puncture, pungent, punctual, poignant, pounce, poniard, impugn, oppugn, and pugnacious.

Today is:
Barbie-in-a-blender Day *LOL*
National Creme Brulee Day Ooooooo, my favorite dessert at a high-end restaurant. Heavenly!
Nationl Scotch Whisky Day I'll take a shot. Who else is in?
Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day I have some beautiful houseplants at home and at my office. Maybe it would be fun to take one for a walk sometime.
Take Your Pants for a Walk Day Since they're on me, they walk with me.
Walk on Stilts Day Fun! I haven't tried this in decades, but I used to be very good at it.

Quote of the Day:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits." ~ Alexandre Dumas Fils ~

Have a good day everyone! Yay! Happy hump day, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-27-2016 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-27-2016, 10:31 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,003,992 times
Today's Question(s):
I enjoy the spring and fall art festivals that go on in the area.....

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? I avoid using it too often, I "always" wash my hands frequently during the day
hand lotion? at times
aloe vera gel? I know it's good but don't have any in the house. The hand lotion has aloe in it however.
sun block? only if I'm out swimming which isn't often, otherwise I stay out of the sun most of the time
lip balm? only if it gets real dry in the area.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances?
Not anymore, but in years past I was always enjoying dance parties, especially music of the 50-60-70's time period.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 AM

7,367 posts, read 2,763,123 times
Welcome to Wednesday's Questions! Grab a cuppa, and sit for a bit with the following Qs...

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? No If so what are some of your favorites?

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Rarely. I prefer washing my hands.
hand lotion? Several times a day
aloe vera gel? When needed
sun block? When working in the yard
lip balm? Daily

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Yes Can you do any named dances? Only the ones from the 60's and 70's.

Thanks Pat. Happy Wednesday to everyone.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:43 AM
bjh

60,427 posts, read 30,605,091 times
Today's Question(s):
Sure, I like festivals. Anything with food and interesting things to see.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Sometimes. I prefer good old soap and water.
hand lotion? Only in winter, if it's so cold my hands get dry enough for the skin to crack.
aloe vera gel? Last time years ago for sunburn.
sun block? Not as often as I should.
lip balm? Never have.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? I don't mind looking ridiculous.
Can you do any named
dances? Cotton eye Joe.

Quote of the Day:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits." ~ Alexandre Dumas Fils ~ Yes! Stupidity knows no bounds.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:17 PM

16,374 posts, read 10,575,282 times
I love the idea of a popcorn festival. But I agree, the crafty crap that is all over festivals do nothing for me either.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:46 PM

8,000 posts, read 5,442,488 times

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites? Yes, I like festivals. A favorite--no favorites. Finally got to the Blossom Kite Festival this year which is part of the The National Cherry Blossom Festival--fun fun.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? never
hand lotion? In the Winter I use it probably everyday
aloe vera gel? never
sun block? only when I am going to be in the sun for more than an hour
lip balm? in the Winter

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions?

Today in History:
Arts/Literature: 2010 Photographic negatives purchased at a garage sale prove to be early works by American photographer Ansel Adams
Birthday: 1824 Alexandre Dumas Fils, French writer (d. 11-27-1895)
Entertainment: 1940 Billboard magazine starts publishing bestseller charts
Science/Technology: 1988 Radio Shack announces Tandy 1000 SL computer
Sports: 1997 Detroit Tigers retire pitching great Hal Newhouser's #16

Today’s Word:
compunctious

Today is:
Barbie-in-a-blender Day
National Creme Brulee Day
National Scotch Whisky Day Whisky, the true way to spell it
Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day
Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
Walk on Stilts Day

Enjoy your evening!

Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,240,211 times
Today's Question(s):
Not my cup of tea.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? I usually use it at least once a night at work, or if I come out of some other place known for germs, like a doctor's office.
hand lotion?
aloe vera gel? Don't use either
sun block? When I'm on vacation and need it, or if I'm at home and going to be in the sun for awhile.
lip balm? Don't use

Just for Fun:
I'm not a partygoer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics