Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,254,719 times

Advertisements

sometimes

don't use those often

sure, twist, boogaloo,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 04:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites? If one is close by I may check it but I don't love them

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? About once a week. I have one in the car and use it when I have been out running around.
hand lotion? Every day
aloe vera gel? Hardly ever
sun block? Not often enough
lip balm? Daily

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances?
Ooh…I love to dance. If the beat gets me I will be on the floor. I just do my freestyle thing Although since I am older now I won't get out when there are just young people dancing. I went to a cool outdoor venue last winter. A very popular Dj was playing in a town square. There must have been 150 people out there dancing these really goofy dances and yes I was one of them. I have been known to do line dancing(not well), the usuals like the chicken dance, conga line, electric slide, Hawaii Five O dance(well row), hokey pokey,YMCA, macarena and I'm always up if you want to teach me a new one. I did try to twerk at a family get together for fun. The nieces were teaching me. Yeah…not for me Of course I love to slow dance with my honey We'll do that at home sometimes while he sings me one of "our" songs.

Have a great day!!!

Old 07-27-2016, 05:03 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,599,958 times
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?

Don't go often but love ethnic festivals with the great food.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:

hand sanitizer? Occasionally if I see a dispenser in an office building. I like the smell.

hand lotion? Sometimes

aloe vera gel? Never

sun block? Every time I'm in the sun all day such as golf, fishing.

lip balm? Sometimes in winter

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances?

Hell no. But my wife loves it. She is recovering from surgery that saved her life, very scary. This will change how I behave from here out. From now on if she wants to dance we will dance.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:08 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,547,080 times
Mornin' all! [/b]
Welcome to Wednesday's Questions! Grab a cuppa, and sit for a bit with the following Qs...

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?. We used to go to music festivals all the time but we stopped going once we bought our weekend get away camping place.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? several times a day
hand lotion? once a day
aloe vera gel? not recently
sun block? every day
lip balm?. All the time. I think I'm addicted to it.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances? I like to dance. The usual wedding reception dances are fun like the YMCA, line dancing, etc...

Old 07-27-2016, 06:37 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times
Mornin' all!
Welcome to Wednesday's Questions! Grab a cuppa, and sit for a bit with the following Qs...

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites? I am not much of a festival goer because I do not like huge crowds. But I did participate in a few Sikh Vaisakhi Parades in Vancouver with family.
Vaisakhi | SikhismGuide

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? only in the hospital
hand lotion? daily
aloe vera gel? no gel but cream
sun block? these days daily
lip balm? as needed

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances? I like to dance the Viennese Waltz or the Giddha my Punjabi family in laws taught me .It is a popular folk dance for women in Punjab/India.The dance shows grace, elegance and flexibility and looks colorful with all its Punjabi suits .

Today in History:
Arts/Literature: 2010 Photographic negatives purchased at a garage sale prove to be early works by American photographer Ansel Adams
Birthday: 1824 Alexandre Dumas Fils, French writer (d. 11-27-1895)
Entertainment: 1940 Billboard magazine starts publishing bestseller charts
Science/Technology: 1988 Radio Shack announces Tandy 1000 SL computer
Sports: 1997 Detroit Tigers retire pitching great Hal Newhouser's #16

Today’s Word:
compunctious
Pronunciation: (kuhm-PUNGK-shuhs)
Meaning: adjective: Feeling remorse or guilt.
Etymology: From Latin compungere (to prick hard), from com- (intensive prefix) + pungere (to prick). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peuk- (to prick), which is also the source of point, puncture, pungent, punctual, poignant, pounce, poniard, impugn, oppugn, and pugnacious.
Earliest documented use: 1616.

Today is:
Barbie-in-a-blender Day
National Creme Brulee Day
National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
Nationl Scotch Whisky Day
Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day
Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
Walk on Stilts Day

Quote of the Day:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits." ~ Alexandre Dumas Fils ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you PatsCats

Old 07-27-2016, 07:27 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 6 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,303,581 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?..................I love the Covered Bridge Festival that is in Indiana. I seldom get to go because it's held during our busiest time of the year.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer?......... Daily
hand lotion?............. Daily
aloe vera gel?...........Never
sun block?................Just when I'm on the motorcycle.
lip balm?..................Daily

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances?.............The only dancing I do is with my vacuum cleaner.

Today in History:
Arts/Literature: 2010 Photographic negatives purchased at a garage sale prove to be early works by American photographer Ansel Adams
Birthday: 1824 Alexandre Dumas Fils, French writer (d. 11-27-1895)
Entertainment: 1940 Billboard magazine starts publishing bestseller charts
Science/Technology: 1988 Radio Shack announces Tandy 1000 SL computer
Sports: 1997 Detroit Tigers retire pitching great Hal Newhouser's #16

Today’s Word:
compunctious
Pronunciation: (kuhm-PUNGK-shuhs)
Meaning: adjective: Feeling remorse or guilt.
Etymology: From Latin compungere (to prick hard), from com- (intensive prefix) + pungere (to prick). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peuk- (to prick), which is also the source of point, puncture, pungent, punctual, poignant, pounce, poniard, impugn, oppugn, and pugnacious.
Earliest documented use: 1616.

Today is:
Barbie-in-a-blender Day
National Creme Brulee Day
National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
Nationl Scotch Whisky Day
Take Your Houseplant For A Walk Day
Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
Walk on Stilts Day

Quote of the Day:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits." ~ Alexandre Dumas Fils ~

Old 07-27-2016, 07:36 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,928,379 times
Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites? I used to enjoy Summerfest and Irishfest on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee when I lived there. Great music and food! The only festival I go to these days is the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Cedar City, UT -- off there next month for a few days.

How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Never.
hand lotion? A few times a day.
aloe vera gel? Never.
sun block? Always, when I'm going to be outside for any length of time.
lip balm? Just a few times a year.

Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Can you do any named dances? Not any more.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? If so what are some of your favorites?
Not really a festival goer. Would rather go to an airshow or sportsman show.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer?
Only when I am out and about in some small town and the local town drunk insists I shake hands.

hand lotion?
Almost never.

aloe vera gel?
Maybe 30 years ago

sun block?
Will plead the fifth

lip balm?
Never

Just for Fun:
Not a dancer. In fact I would have to improve drastically just to be an awful dancer

Old 07-27-2016, 08:40 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,104,060 times
Today's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Are you a festival goer? Rarely.
If so what are some of your favorites? The ones she wants to go to.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Occasionally
hand lotion? Occasionally
aloe vera gel? Rarely
sun block? Rarely
lip balm? Often

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? Not anymore.
Can you do any named dances? The Janglenoli

Old 07-27-2016, 09:25 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,687,020 times
oday's Question(s):
I love festivals, especially food, and art festivals! Me Too! Are you a festival goer? Yes. If so what are some of your favorites? I like local and regional arts festivals. Most of the jewelry and works of art I have were found at obscure festivals! I can't think of any specifically, but a C-D poster named Debey has inspired me - I'm planning on attending a watermelon festival here in SD in a few weeks! Oh - and I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the storytelling festival in Jonesborough, TN. Some of you TN people will have to go and tell me about it.

Bonus Question(s):
How often do you use:
hand sanitizer? Only when on the road - I don't think this stuff is healthy for regular use.
hand lotion? In the winter.
aloe vera gel? I have an aloe vera plant that the people who used to live here left behind. I never remember to use it unless I'm doing laundry and see it in front of me.
sun block? I always use moisturizer that has a sunblock in it.
lip balm? Rarely. I'm not one of those people with dry lips. I don't even like wearing lipstick.

Just for Fun:
Are you the kind of person who likes to dance at parties, such as wedding receptions? No. Can you do any named dances? The only kind of dances I enjoy are "called" dances with specific steps, like the Virginia Reel.

Thanks, Pat! I'm feeling happy today, hope everyone else is too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics