Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,705,520 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: My wife. Not just because she's my wife but, in the 16 1/2 years since our first date, she has yet to use even a drop of make up.

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian? Nope. Too much like work. lol
If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it? Maybe golf?

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? I drink my sparkling water a lot. A nice cold watermelon helps too!

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? As little as possible! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 06:39 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Have a seat. You're just in time for . . .

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: Sophia Loren

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian? Yes
If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it? Gymnastics

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? Iced tea

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? Read more.

Today Includes:
Day of the Cowboy
Gorgeous Grandma Day
Hot Dog Day
"Hot Enough For Ya?" Day
Refreshment Day
Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Today's Quote:
"Anything you lose automatically doubles in value."
~ Mignon McLaughlin, author

Today’s Word:
mutt [muht] noun
Slang, a domesticated canine of the Heinz 57 variety

Happy Saturday! [/quote]

Old 07-23-2016, 06:56 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Beautiful sunny morning here...

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: Robert De Niro

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian?
If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it? Curling (I really wanted to say Sumo Wrestling but because of my petite size I would be disqualified )

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? Just some room temperature water please.

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? IDK

Hope you are having a super duper Saturday!

Old 07-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 10 days ago)

4,735 posts, read 3,307,556 times

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive:.........Valerie Bertinelli is still cute in her 50s. I think smile lines and a natural look make people look better as they age. In my opinion kindness and a good personality beat out "beauty" most of the time.

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian?.............What kid didn't.
If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it?...............Swimming or running.

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day?.............Ice cold water and ice cream.

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations?...........ill be wasting time trying to figure out the abbreviations.

Today Includes:
Day of the Cowboy ..........
Gorgeous Grandma Day ...........
Hot Dog Day.....
"Hot Enough For Ya?" Day...........Too hot here.
Refreshment Day ..........
Vanilla Ice Cream Day........... Vanilla bean......Yum!

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
mutt [muht] noun.............Makes me think of our Alaskan Mutt!
Slang, a domesticated canine of the Heinz 57 variety............They are the best dogs!!

Happy Saturday!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:31 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive:

Raquel Welch

Extra Innings:

Not yet

If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it?

Still waiting for stinky cheese eating to become an Olympian sport

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day?

Ice cream, cold sandwiches (of the non-veggie type), Pepsi, and cheap beer

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations?

Why I think I will use the extra 3 seconds to go for a walk. Let's see now, where can I go in 3 seconds. I know, I will walk over to the fridge and grab some stinky cheese and a cheap beer

Today Includes:
Day of the Cowboy
Gorgeous Grandma Day
Hot Dog Day
"Hot Enough For Ya?" Day
Refreshment Day
Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
mutt, as in Alaskan Mutt [muht] noun
Slang, a domesticated canine of the Heinz 57 variety

Happy Saturday!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:38 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times
oday's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: I must admit I've always had kind of a thing for Carl Reiner. Ever since seeing the movie "The Russians Are Coming" . . . remember that one?

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian? No, I've never been good at sports and lack any interest in most. If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it? But it would be nice to be able to run really fast. Fencing looks fun.

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? I just ate a peach for breakfast, and it hit the spot. Last night I had ice cream for dinner. Life is grand!

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? Waste it staring out the window.

Today Includes:
Day of the Cowboy If you haven't ever, read Charlie Siringo's A Texas Cowboy, a (sort of) autobiography written in 1885. I love it and have read it over and over.
"Hot Enough For Ya?" Day It is Way Too Hot Enough For Me!
Refreshment Day Yay!
Vanilla Ice Cream Day Yay!

Thanks BJH. Guess what! A huge lower limb of my big Hawthorn tree came crashing down last night and squashed a section of the new chain link fence I just had put up a few months ago! I don't know why it fell - both tree and limb look live and healthy. I think maybe it was because it has been so incredibly hot and humid and the limb was so full of smaller branches and leaves that the main tree just couldn't support it anymore. On the bright side, it missed the garage, the farm road, and all electrical wires. It's always somethin'.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 AM

54,516 posts, read 33,996,018 times

Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: - Attractive.. Hmm.. it depends on what they attract..

Extra Innings:
Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian? - Hmm.. Yeah.. I dreamed I was on a date with Olympic skater.. Tonya Harding..
If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it? - Running... away from Tonya.. in the same dream..

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? - Anything that's not hot.. So I guess I'll have to settle for.. Cold Coffee.. cold steak, cold hamburgers... - Okay, before I get into hot water.. Ice Cold water is perfect.

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? - Cm up w mor abbr.? Which I think means.. come up with more abbreviations..

Today Includes:
Day of the Cowboy - So does that mean Day of the Cowgirl is tomorrow?
Gorgeous Grandma Day - I think the.. Politically Correct term is.. Mature Mother..
Hot Dog Day - I'll take the 100% kosher dogs, no fat, no fillers, no.. whatever else they put in them..
"Hot Enough For Ya?" Day - Slap the person who came up with that question..
Refreshment Day - That's refreshing..
Vanilla Ice Cream Day - Throw in some strawberries and chocolate.

Today's Quote:
~ Mignon McLaughlin, author - So if I lose my mind, does it double in value?

Happy Saturday! - Thanks BJH, and everyone have a very.. Cold Saturday.. (sarcasm thrown in there.. )

Old 07-23-2016, 08:47 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times
Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive: Blythe Danner and Steve Martin.

Did you ever dream of being a sports pro or Olympian? Nope.

What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day? Watermelon, grapes and lemonade.

What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations? I use it to answer the QOTD.

Thanks bjh and happy day everyone!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:58 AM

27,507 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Older person...attractive? Id say Billy Bob Thornton.

On a hot day, Id say ice cream, a milkshake is good.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Old 07-23-2016, 09:03 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
Today's Questions:
Famous or not, name an older person or persons you think of as attractive:
Blyth Danner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blythe_Danner

Extra Innings:
Nope

If so, which sport(s) or which would you like to be good at for the fun of it?
It would have to be target shooting.

Foodie and Bevvie Q:
What foods or drinks do you like for refreshments on a hot day?
Water, beer and cold cuts.

Just for fun:
What are you going to do with all the time saved by writing abbreviations?
I dunno.

Thanx bjh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics