Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 01:05 AM

10,026 posts, read 8,672,920 times

Advertisements

Did you ever fart when you were outside for a long time on a cold winter day and then come into a warm room hours later and noticed the smell of your fart thawing out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:02 PM

3,980 posts, read 2,580,587 times
to this thread! Can't we talk of pleasant things instead... how's your weather... oh you say it is ... smelly??

Okay, a little story of my own. I was in a cafateria, was getting up when two quick farts happened (no idea they were going to happen as I moved my body) in front of another person. She complained loudy, before I could catch my breath to say one word on the subject... I didn't say anything since she continued her joking and complaints. If you don't give me space, I'm not going to play nice!

Old 08-05-2016, 12:11 PM

3,980 posts, read 2,580,587 times
I live alone. Ever since I read / answered this post I have been working on not offending myself with -cough-cough-you know what I'm talking about! I didn't have this problem before. Never worried before as mentioned I am alone most of the time. So I would just let it rip! But now you all are staring at me ready to give me the stink eye. I just have one thing to say. Stop it!!

Old 08-05-2016, 12:32 PM

326 posts, read 182,207 times
My other nasty fart moments always occur when they are silent. They are the silent but deadly farts

Old 08-05-2016, 01:43 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,443,422 times
The highlight of my farting career was when I was a schoolboy. We used to gather in a room in the house block. There were six of these small buildings, housing all the kids. I remember the name of mine was 'Lancaster House.' They always say long term memory is the last thing to go.......

Anyway, we were all gathered for the morning pep talk. I sat among the other kids. I think I was about 12 years old. The teacher was droning on about something or other. Right in the middle of his uplifting speech, I let go with a ripper. It resonated in the small room.

The speech giving teacher went red in the face, and spat, "who was that boy?" My immediate thought was, "how's he know it was a boy?" The whole gang of kids erupted in laughter, and the most near me, moved their upper bodies away from the stink.

My house head was trying to stop himself laughing. He said, "David...... go to my office." As I got up, another one blasted out. Trapped wind........ The whole place was in uproar. I stalked out in shame. I made my way to the house head's office. Once inside, I let go with another one. I must have had mushy peas or something the night before.

I sat awaiting my punishment. The house head eventually arrived. He walked in, and opened his window. He intended telling me off, but couldn't stop laughing. He said, stay here for a few minutes, then go on to your classes." I did, then got up and left, leaving yet another fart behind me.........happy days.....

Old 12-08-2016, 07:56 PM

2,626 posts, read 3,421,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
In Church. Anywhere where it's quiet and surrounded by people.
Question: Why should you avoid farting in church?

Answer: Because then they will make you sit in your own pew.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 AM

35,248 posts, read 17,133,668 times
Default May Not be Direct Answer but...

May not be direct answer because it wasn't "my fart" but was still a priceless moment.

In November 1988 I was at oral argument before a Manhattan bankruptcy judge. My opposing lawyer was asked to approach the bench because of some major deficiencies in the handling of his client's case. As he approached, he cut a loud fart.

The back-story was that he represented the Debtor and I represented a major creditor. In those days a debtor had to seek an extension, within 60 days of the filing, of the time to assume or reject a lease. On Day #58 I noticed that no such request had been made, by motion or otherwise, I handed in a scheduling order with a "carry" clause on behalf of the debtor, so that my client's hope of recovery wouldn't be eliminated because of the inevitable surrender of the restaurant premises to the landlord. The judge, who normally had a dislike of scheduling orders, signed it and said (just before the fart) "there should be more of this kind of order" and castigated the debtor's lawyer for his obvious neglect.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 PM

154 posts, read 132,784 times
Many years ago we had a dog, and that dog had eaten something that had given him gas. He was farting loudly and it stank, I would scold him and chase him out of the room to his own room when he did it. A day or so later everyone was in the living room and the dog, when My wife let loose a loud one. The dog immediately got up and left the room and went to his own room. I suppose he didn't want to get blamed for something he didn't do, or perhaps he didn't understand why I was scolding him.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:38 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,443,422 times
There was a French guy who made a career from farting............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

They even made a short movie about him..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gym81fY460

Old 12-13-2016, 03:04 PM

1,544 posts, read 926,818 times
Anytime I eat pancakes or Louisiana Fried Chicken (fast food franchise in SoCal) = *insert stank face image here*

Seems like the foods I love are the ones that blow up my guts and cause me to cut one every few minutes. (blech)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics