Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:18 AM

27,381 posts, read 27,425,580 times

Advertisements

I don't think it was meant to be an insult because I generally keep quiet, but not long ago I told someone they should take a shower. ����
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 06:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,130,457 times
Some dude told me I should remove my ovaries because I wasn't going to use them anyways.
The discussion was about sex.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 09-29-2015 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: Did you know I like cats?

Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,223,237 times
I had a departmental receptionist once who really began to make lateness a routine, and her lunch hours became dinners hours, and she had a million reasons for needing to leave early. And Mr. Nice Guy explained that as she controlled access to the doors and fielded all incoming calls that weren't answered she had to keep the schedule she was hired to keep....she actually got worse...and Mr. Nice Guy said it all again. Then one day her lunch hour stretched to almost two hours...she lived not far away and was now getting balled on her lunch hour by some dude.

Clerical employees signed in and out using a folder on my desk. She came whirling in, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, her mouth already open with the beginning of another ever-so sincere explanation.

I put my hand on the folder, looked up at her and smiled my most winning Mr. Nice Guy smile and said, "Don't bother signing in. You're fired."

"Oh no,...you can't!!!"

"You're fired."

"No, please, please.....!"

"You're fired"

"But I have a son....I have to pay for his school!"

"You're fired"

"No, no, you can't...I can't believe you'd do something like this!!!" and a great burst of heaving sobs.

"You have snot hanging from your nose. And you're still fired."

She fled. My office mate said, "I was with you right up to the snot," and she refused to speak to me for the rest of the day. This did not, however, prevent her from repeating the story to almost everyone in the place, including our boss.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:27 AM

811 posts, read 1,388,223 times
On Mother's Day several years ago, we were out to dinner with family. We all wished each other Happy Mother's Day and one lady (not my relative) piped up and said to me, "Well, YOU'RE not a mother!" Made me feel like a second class citizen.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
I'd rather forget and drop it. Oh, brother, why revisit that!

Old 10-10-2015, 01:31 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,632,380 times
I have a severely disabled son. Whenever someone tells me that god knows who to give these disabled kids to, or tries to tell me that his brain damage is in some ways a blessing or that god doesn't make mistakes. That's horrible. Please don't say these kinds of things to people.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,806,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I have a severely disabled son. Whenever someone tells me that god knows who to give these disabled kids to, or tries to tell me that his brain damage is in some ways a blessing or that god

doesn't make mistakes. That's horrible. Please don't say these kinds of things to people.

Yeah no kidding religious people say the stupidest stuff sometimes.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:28 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,140,641 times
a few years ago one of my sons said to me, "You are my mother and I love you, but if you were not I would not want to know you".
That is probably the most hurtful thing anyone has said to me. And it was said not in anger but just matter of factly. Also he was an adult at the time not a child.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:40 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,225,636 times
Any of us who work in jobs dealing with the public and must follow company rules and guideline I am sure could fill up a page. The public does not care how they speak to anyone.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:56 AM

32,970 posts, read 36,471,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
a few years ago one of my sons said to me, "You are my mother and I love you, but if you were not I would not want to know you".
That is probably the most hurtful thing anyone has said to me. And it was said not in anger but just matter of factly. Also he was an adult at the time not a child.
Damn. I'm sorry. Before I went to an ENT then had a hearing test and learned that I needed hearing aids, (I knew that my hearing was failing) my son used so say, "You don't remember what I said because you were probably drunk or taking drugs." What the hell?

I understood why he did that. My husband died when he was 18. I was his punching bag for a few years, but he can still be a bit mean. I didn't teach him that.

You read them bedtime stories, bake cookies, put gifts under the Christmas tree. I hope one day he regrets saying that. I didn't always like my mom or get along with her, but I never would have said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics