Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM

408 posts, read 725,873 times

Advertisements

I've been in situations where I've tried to impress a girl or make her laugh and instead I say something douchy. I'm sure ladies here have had similiar experiences. So ladies what's the worst thing a guy has said to you when trying to impress you? He was trying to be funny but just ended up making you and everyone angry or awkward or whatever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 01:59 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,966,367 times
See this thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ths-dates.html

Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,826,478 times
The last man I dated said to me that he "knew" I was taking birth control because of all the men I attract. I think he was trying to insinuate I was pretty and lots of other men would want me? (maybe, I don't know)... but it came across as an insult--like I have loose morals. I just let it slide because people sometimes say silly things/make mistakes, but it was offensive, especially because I am not the type to sleep around. The truth is, I take the pill because for non-birth control reasons (although it's a nice bonus).

Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,018,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The last man I dated said to me that he "knew" I was taking birth control because of all the men I attract. I think he was trying to insinuate I was pretty and lots of other men would want me? (maybe, I don't know)... but it came across as an insult--like I have loose morals. I just let it slide because people sometimes say silly things/make mistakes, but it was offensive, especially because I am not the type to sleep around. The truth is, I take the pill because for non-birth control reasons (although it's a nice bonus).
Was certainly trying to be a compliment. I bet after the date was over he smacked himself in the face, told his buddies and they mocked the crap out of him. :P

Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,383,751 times
[broken-record] I said something to a woman that I realized in hindsight actually sounded not necessarily creepy, but maybe a little weird (as in side eye weird). Apparently, it wasn't that big of a deal, because we are still on talking terms, but it sure felt a little uncomfortable to me for a while.

I'm very fortunate. I'll say that.

Also, I am noticing my jokes about things happening to me are not going over very well anymore. Instead of laugh's I get an ambulance. One lady wanted to perform CPR on me when I joked about holding my breath too long...

Old 03-05-2014, 02:45 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,491,598 times
Double post

Old 03-05-2014, 02:46 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,491,598 times
"WHOA! Where did your titts go?!? You use to have nice ones"

Brother in law to some girl he knew from around the area. She had had a few children since last time he had seen her.....and yes he was trying to impress her with his "Witt"

Seriously.

That's my brother in law

Old 03-05-2014, 02:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,794,877 times
The funniest ineffective thing some random guy's ever said was in a reggae club with some coworkers when I was about 22 years old, "Damn, baby, I like them big ol' hips you got on you!" Apparently, it had worked for him in the past.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,422,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

What a thing to say. But he was spot on with his assumption

you must be hottie!

Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM

31,314 posts, read 22,308,967 times
My brother told his Ex that his hand was a better lover than she was in front of a group of our friends....Awkward!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships