Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2022, 02:41 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,085,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
would I want a pig heart if I needed a transplant? Don't think I'd have a transplant anyway but if I did no pigs.
If I had to make a choice between dying or having a pig’s heart… I guess that I would choose the pig’s heart. Although I would think twice about eating pork after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 03:31 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,426,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Sixty-eight years old as of today. I'm getting up there.
Happy Birthday Michael. I remember being 68.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:58 PM

33,369 posts, read 26,645,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Happy Birthday Michael. I remember being 68.
Thank you, High_Plains. I'm hoping 68 is better than 67.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:59 PM

30,731 posts, read 16,371,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
If I had to make a choice between dying or having a pig’s heart… I guess that I would choose the pig’s heart. Although I would think twice about eating pork after that.
to each their own. I stopped eating pork ages ago.

but having a pig's heart? nope.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:03 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,247,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwtxcitywoman View Post
Currently thinking about getting my hair trimmed.
Which hair? The answer could go yes or no but What are you currently thinking about? --- should I post in a thread like this? would I ever attempt to read all those preceding replies?

Old 01-12-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
What do you think of Boris and the rest of them, having Christmas parties last year, while the rest of us were in lockdown?! Typical… one rule for them and another rule for the rest of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Christmas parties, well my question would be; How on earth can you not know what's going on, party wise, in your own house? You know, why all the empty bottles and glasses, and why the catering bill?

Still, I'm sure worse things have been done by our government, but all the information is out there for all to see these days.
More parties at Boris’ place! And he tries to pass them off as a “work event”. Yeah, right. I’ve never had to bring a bottle of booze to a work event before.

Boris seems to get away with doing anything. But he can’t keep going on like this, otherwise the Tories will be toast at the next election.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
to each their own. I stopped eating pork ages ago.

but having a pig's heart? nope.
Years ago, pig insulin was used to treat Diabetes. When my husband was just a 3 year old child (back in the mid 70’s), he got diagnosed with having Type 1 Diabetes.

At the time, his parents had to give him insulin injections every day, that were made from pig insulin. This went on for about ten years or so, and then he eventually went onto synthetically made human insulin.

I am grateful for those pigs back in the 70’s for keeping him alive, until scientists were able to make human insulin.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:48 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,426,318 times
I'm wondering if I need to plug anything else back in. Our Coop turned my electricity off this morning unexpectedly at 8:10 am while I was in the shower. Luckily the pressure tank at the well allowed me to finish up and stumble out of the pitch black bathroom and get dressed. I've had the frigs and freezers running on a generator this morning.

A call to the Coop revealed that they had chosen this day of nice weather to replace some of our rotting line poles but didn't think anyone in the system would be affected. Sometimes it's nice living so far out on the edge of "toolies" that they forget you're out here but sometimes it's not.

Oh well. New line workers but an old homeplace. I hardly blame them for picking such a beautiful day to be replacing poles before any bad weather hits. These south plains dirt roads can get really nasty, really quick.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:15 PM

30,731 posts, read 16,371,868 times
Quote:
Years ago, pig insulin was used to treat Diabetes. When my husband was just a 3 year old child (back in the mid 70’s), he got diagnosed with having Type 1 Diabetes.

At the time, his parents had to give him insulin injections every day, that were made from pig insulin. This went on for about ten years or so, and then he eventually went onto synthetically made human insulin.

I am grateful for those pigs back in the 70’s for keeping him alive, until scientists were able to make human insulin.
not quite the same but I get your point.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
not quite the same but I get your point.
Yes, it is a bit of a jump from using pig insulin, to actually using a pig’s heart! It does sound quite horrific actually… But I think that I would do anything, just to stay alive. Not just for myself, but my husband and daughter need me to be around.

There was talk, earlier on in the thread, about how Betty White almost made it to her 100th birthday. A similar thing happened to my auntie - she died a year ago, just before her 98th birthday. I was hoping that she was going to make it to 100!

Anyway, I would love to make it to 100, if I possibly can. If someone told me, I would have to have a pig’s heart, I would reluctantly agree to it. Even though I love pigs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics