Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 12:32 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,076,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Star definitely my big sis!!!.... Keeps me in check and winding me up! ( 😂 )
I'm glad you said big sis, and not mother! I'm not quite old enough to be your mother (unless it was a teenage pregnancy - and we had some of those in our school! In fact, some of my school friends are now grandmothers. ).

My daughter told me today, that her friend had asked how old I was. My daughter proceeded to tell her friend my age. To which her friend replied "Oh, I didn't realise your mother was THAT old". I suppose I should take it as a compliment really - that I don't look THAT old!

Anyway, what do you mean, I wind you up?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 12:33 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,123,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You're very brave to go on holiday with someone you've just met (especially to North Wales)! I hope neither of you turn out to be psychotic axe-murderers or anything - I'll be keeping an eye on Wales Today, just in case anything dodgy happens!!
Good point of course. And in all seriousness, we have actually booked two separate rooms (her insistence!), which is fair enough. And I certainly don't want to rush into anything given my past form with my ex and her paranoid, back-stabbing mind!

i think my problem is that I let one-nighters merge with something more serious, and when I really like someone I get a bit impatient and try to push too many buttons far too quickly

So it will definitely be all above board (well, half-board really! we do get breakfast, lol) And if it's not working out we'll head back home and take it from there.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Good point of course. And in all seriousness, we have actually booked two separate rooms (her insistence!), which is fair enough. And I certainly don't want to rush into anything given my past form with my ex and her paranoid, back-stabbing mind!

i think my problem is that I let one-nighters merge with something more serious, and when I really like someone I get a bit impatient and try to push too many buttons far too quickly

So it will definitely be all above board (well, half-board really! we do get breakfast, lol) And if it's not working out we'll head back home and take it from there.
Yes, there's no rush, especially at your age - you have all the time in the World, still. I think it can take years to properly get to know someone.

Of course, at the beginning of a relationship, both parties are on their very best behaviour. It's only further down the line, when you really get to know someone, that their true personality shows.

This can only go two ways really. You find out that the person you are seeing is that psychotic axe-murderer or they turn out to be an even better person than you first realised.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, there's no rush, especially at your age - you have all the time in the World, still. I think it can take years to properly get to know someone.

Of course, at the beginning of a relationship, both parties are on their very best behaviour. It's only further down the line, when you really get to know someone, that their true personality shows.

This can only go two ways really. You find out that the person you are seeing is that psychotic axe-murderer or they turn out to be an even better person than you first realised.
Took four years to realise what a complete cow my ex was

Of course with Jessica it's a bit more convoluted because her parents don't approve of the fact she's gay! With that in mind I suspect this new relationship is going to face a few bumps along the way!

But I'll worry about that when I get to it! Right now I need a shower and some food (have returned home after spending an hour doing some very basic ballet lesson with a precocious young lady of 12, who wants to be the next Darcey Bussell )

Old 08-23-2016, 01:08 PM

7,342 posts, read 2,749,020 times
Quote:

That is wonderful advice. I agree with you completely.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:10 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,447,502 times
Quote:

Of course with Jessica it's a bit more convoluted because her parents don't approve of the fact she's gay! With that in mind I suspect this new relationship is going to face a few bumps along the way!

But I'll worry about that when I get to it! Right now I need a shower and some food (have returned home after spending an hour doing some very basic ballet lesson with a precocious young lady of 12, who wants to be the next Darcey Bussell )
Hiya Zola....... Doctor Judith is watching 'Holby City.' She gives her diagnosis on ill actors before the telly doctors do....... "looks a tad tachycardic to me David......."

That's awkward if Jessica's parents don't approve of her being gay. Hmmmmm, you'll have to take this slow, and don't frighten the horses........

I would imagine some basic ballet training moves are very good for agility. Right now, after my efforts today, I will concentrate on just walking tomorrow round the shops. I may push my supermarket trolley at a brisk pace..........

Old 08-23-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Hiya Zola....... Doctor Judith is watching 'Holby City.' She gives her diagnosis on ill actors before the telly doctors do....... "looks a tad tachycardic to me David......."

That's awkward if Jessica's parents don't approve of her being gay. Hmmmmm, you'll have to take this slow, and don't frighten the horses........

I would imagine some basic ballet training moves are very good for agility. Right now, after my efforts today, I will concentrate on just walking tomorrow round the shops. I may push my supermarket trolley at a brisk pace..........
I have been giving a few lessons to this girl over the last few weeks and months; primarily because her school doesn't offer ballet, and private tuition or class tuition is just too expensive. So I have offered my <very basic> knowledge of the whole ballet deal!

Fortunately I haven't had to dig out my old tutu, but these ballet shoes still give me feet plenty of grief

Old 08-23-2016, 02:08 PM

37 posts, read 51,497 times
How Gatorade can stop or diminish my headache.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,342,297 times
Quote:
I hope you feel better soon too.

Thank you.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:

At least you found out about your old girlfriend four years down the line, rather when you were married or something like that. Were there any 'red flags' before this?

With your new girlfriend - how old are her parents? Because if they are around my age or younger, it would be quite rare for people to be homophobic (seeing that we were brought up in the extremely camp 70s and 80s ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics