Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:10 AM

16,686 posts, read 17,457,574 times

Advertisements

Greetings peevers.

I trust that everyone is feeling the best they can and are starting to benefit from the arrival of Spring.

Ironically, with our clocks put forward yesterday, we had a thoroughly horrible windy and rainy day with my having to batten down things in the garden. All is fine now and the sun has shown itself.

This week's peeve is kind of a variation on a peeve sent by our great stalwart cloven- many thanks.

If you are like me you find it more difficult to do simple things like cutting your own toenails. I never was that flexible anyhow and putting on a few pounds doesn't help! Oh, and where do those toenail shards go to?

Talking of getting to hard to reach places, what about flossing teeth? I've just been introduced to Tepe interdental brushes- they are great and really help.

So I guess the peeve is about doing things that were simple, but aren't so as we get on.

The POTW is;

Darn- that used to be simple.

Photos will follow in a while. I just need to take them!

Last edited by Jezer; 03-30-2015 at 01:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 AM

411 posts, read 416,775 times
Entering a competition used to be simple. "Answers on the back of a postcard". Now you have to collect tokens, SMS your private information, be spammed and harrassed by various companies only to find that you probably never ever had any chance of winning but now your phone number is doing the rounds of international call centres waiting to update your phone contract, electricity supply etc etc.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:55 AM

21,567 posts, read 8,745,386 times
Losing weight used to a lot easier, that's all I've got to say. I can clip my toenails (and polish them too, thank you) but no matter how hard I work out or how sensible I think my diet is, losing weight at my age is like trying to chisel cement. Good peeve! Thanks, cloven and Jezer!

Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 AM

16,686 posts, read 17,457,574 times
Here with shots taken by the house either just now or in the last week.

There will be a better variety as spring continues.

There will be a super duper one by the end of April!

I planted up some new herbs, and indeed some of the pots are new too;

However my shadow just had to photobomb things!

These are looking great and I haven't touched them for over a year!

Nearly there!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:08 AM

126,305 posts, read 19,089,268 times
Good morning Jezer what absolute beautiful photos. Looking at all your blooming flowers and your rich looking herbs makes me feel and ask what happened to spring here in my part of the world.
Darn- that used to be simple. ..Loosing weight is one of them,doing needle work is another one,can't focus for too long anymore without my eyes getting tired,having company over for more than a week makes me feel irritated and more tired,heights,don't like them anymore.
Anyway,thank you cloven... and Jezer for sharing all your gorgeous photos,always nice to see Molly

Old 03-30-2015, 05:18 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,160,683 times
Doing my taxes. I used to DIY, but now I pay someone to do them.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:27 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,681,497 times
Let me know if you can teach you cat this

Old 03-30-2015, 05:35 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,828,450 times
HOW ABOUT OPENING anything anymore...package of cheese...boxes of food.. protein bar etc .etc...nothing opens easy anymore...

Old 03-30-2015, 05:36 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,828,450 times
Getting a real live HUMAN on the phone.......impossible...

Old 03-30-2015, 05:38 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,681,497 times
Good morning Peevers.

Happy Easter/ Passover week

Love your Photobomb. (smiling) What a sweetheart.
Great pictures as always Jezer.

Great peeve. I thought I was the only one. LOL
I have a hard time doing a lot of things like even picking stuff up. My hands don't seem to work right. I used to be quick and now....takes me forever to get my shxt together. For example. Paying for something at the cashier. Im don't and they are ready to go on to the next customer but I haven't gotten my change away or my card, get my packages.......I get nervous and feel like I"m holding up the line.

Cut toe nails......I hate it and now I go for a pedicure. I have pretty feet. They are small and well manicured with smooth skin. My hands on the other "hand" is a totallly different story. MY fingers are bent due to arthritis and I bite my nails. Have to say they are always well trimmed. LOL

I"m with bayarea on the weight. Can I borrow your chisel? I swear my metabolism is at an all time stop. And it will never ever work again.

Great peeve. So looking forward this today. Was thinking how i miss the peeve the other day.

again..........love that photobomb

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics