Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:15 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,736,984 times

Advertisements

Darn- that used to be simple.

Yep, now that I'm older everything now is getting more complicated or confusing.
Great peeve, great photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 11:17 PM

21,581 posts, read 8,755,725 times
Ditto on the photos, Jezer. Miss "Photobomb" Molly, aka your shadow, looks like such a happy girl. I wish I had your green thumb.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Greetings peevers.

.......I trust that everyone is feeling the best they can and are starting to benefit from the arrival of Spring.............
Love the pics, all of them, thanks for sharing, everyone!

I posted this before but thought to share again for those who haven't seen it. Yet. My thoughts exactly. I thought this was pretty soothing, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ksWKOy665o

Old 03-31-2015, 07:47 AM

16,697 posts, read 17,468,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
Love the pics, all of them, thanks for sharing, everyone!

I posted this before but thought to share again for those who haven't seen it. Yet. My thoughts exactly. I thought this was pretty soothing, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ksWKOy665o

That was very nice ww.

I'd never heard of her before. Btw, we have a travelling chest like that, but not in such good condition.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:56 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,807,630 times
Quote:
Greetings peevers.

I trust that everyone is feeling the best they can and are starting to benefit from the arrival of Spring.

Ironically, with our clocks put forward yesterday, we had a thoroughly horrible windy and rainy day with my having to batten down things in the garden. All is fine now and the sun has shown itself.

This week's peeve is kind of a variation on a peeve sent by our great stalwart cloven- many thanks.

If you are like me you find it more difficult to do simple things like cutting your own toenails. I never was that flexible anyhow and putting on a few pounds doesn't help! Oh, and where do those toenail shards go to?

Talking of getting to hard to reach places, what about flossing teeth? I've just been introduced to Tepe interdental brushes- they are great and really help.

So I guess the peeve is about doing things that were simple, but aren't so as we get on.

The POTW is;

Photos will follow in a while. I just need to take them!
I'm with you on the toenail thing, something that used to be so simple has turned into a major chore what with the thickening of the nails as I age and my belly getting in the way. I'm working on the belly part but not much you can do about those thick nails.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,427,661 times
Quote:
That was very nice ww.

I'd never heard of her before. Btw, we have a travelling chest like that, but not in such good condition.
Yeah, they are hard to come by anymore. You can probably find one in an antique shop maybe. Would love to have one for my 'sentimental' stuff.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:18 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,359,874 times
I used to be a pseudo-do it yourselfer? As time passed I became less capable of fixing everything myself.
And since I became less able I started hiring folks to do the things that needed to be done.

An example of this is the light fixture above the kitchen sink. It fell off and the ring is still hanging there because the electrical cords are keeping the ring from falling.

There was a time when I could handle this. I tried to repair it. I found out that the metal ring fell because there was only one screw attaching it to the ceiling. I've had that very same light fixture for over 30 years and never noticed there was just one screw.

I cannot fix it. It requires a ladder and I get dizzy on ladders these days.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:27 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,933,135 times
Having to ask ask again and again for someone to repeat what they've said. Reaching for reading glasses to see and perform the simplest tasks. Almost needing help to get up after kneeling. More and more a feeling of "no can do" as opposed to my old "I can do anything" spirit. It's a downhill slide after 50 I'm afraid.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times

Getting updates downloaded and installed for my pc software...................

Old 03-31-2015, 01:44 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,305,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

I cannot fix it. It requires a ladder and I get dizzy on ladders these days.
I know, I get dizzy when standing up from taking clothes from the dryer. Wheeeeee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics