Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 AM

16,708 posts, read 17,488,479 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I do apologise to anyone who thinks I'm moaning about our weather when you're struggling with what you have over here.

I guess we are all looking forward to a nice Spring.

It is pretty windy over here at the moment and yesterday we suffered a short power cut (oops- outage).

For anyone having one of those in the very cold weather that is beyond peeve level and that is not what this thread is about.

However, whether your outage lasts a few seconds or is prolonged there is always the annoying situation of having to reset, reboot and so on various things around the house.

Annoyingly we were woken up by an alarm we had not reset during the middle of the night.

So my dear peevers, the POTD is;

Resetting stuff after an outage.

Last edited by Jezer; 02-05-2014 at 01:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 01:12 AM

We need warmth, so here's some from our Caribbean cruise of last March;

Old 02-05-2014, 01:17 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,999,882 times
It's usually not much of a problem resetting things here. It's pretty rare to lose power also thankfully. Here's a rainbow to go with your sun Jezer.

A double rainbow actually.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,825,305 times
Resetting stuff after an outage.

Not much of a problem here either, Jezer... very few power outages and most all of our clocks have a battery backup, thus they never need to be reset... the main one that always requires a manual reset is the microwave... which won't work 'til it is.

Hope your weather improves, too, Jezer... ya need to send all that rain to California, they seem to be in a very prolonged dreadful drought! We're in a rainy week here this week, but 'tis okay, we need to keep these woods wet to prevent fires. And, for those in the north, geez, way too much snow... I don't know how y'all do it over and over all winter long! Take care all!!!

Wonderful photos again, Jezer, thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 AM

Oops- I'll look to change the day in the title.

Oh, and thanks for that lovely picture SATX!

Last edited by Jezer; 02-05-2014 at 02:47 AM..

Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 AM

21,611 posts, read 8,778,244 times
We forgive you, Jezer. You just wanted it to be Friday. Who wouldn't?

When the power goes out, it's a puzzle at our house trying to remember the procedure to reset each electronic device. It seems that every one of them has its buttons or switches located in a different place, usually on the back where you can't see them and can't reach them, or you have to pry off a cover and fiddle with tiny fiddly buttons, or you have to navigate through the menu of a remote control, or you have to find the owner's manual to figure out what to do. It's annoying!

Those pictures are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing them, Jez!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,926,439 times
I only reset the ones that flash - the rest of them I just ignore.

I know the true time will be on my "smartphone" anyway - and I only worry about the true time when I'm meeting a family member or a friend.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:13 AM

126,373 posts, read 19,139,413 times
oops ...what happened to Wednesday and Thursday?I never realized I slept that long after power failure Tuesday night well I better go catch up with the other peeves.......I guess I have to reset my alarm clock now

Old 02-05-2014, 05:16 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,098,966 times
Love those photos. The last cruise we went on was terrible. Was supposed to go to the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. But, a dang hurricane came up and they took us to Key West....what a dud cruise and they only gave us a coupon for 20% off the next cruise. So, we didn't have any pretty photos!

Resetting things. I hate it when I have to put in all of my computer passwords, id's, etc. And sometimes our Dish network does funny things and it has to reset and it takes a very long time. Good peeve.

The weather here is terrible, but I'm coping. Blowing fine snow is not something I like much.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:41 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,063,546 times
Resetting things after an outage isn't much of a problem anymore because I only have to reset the microwave. Is annoying though when we have one in the middle of the night because when the power comes back on the microwave beeps several times which of course wakes me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics